PDA

View Full Version : newbie, saying hi

shimmygoddess
02-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi there, I just wanted to say hi. I am a professional photographer and bellydance performer in NC and in the process of making my own mermaid tail mostly to use for photoshoots, (mine) LOL. I made a quick one for my daughter last summer before our beach trip but it was a quick one, just out of satin and then then another layer of iridescent fabric. I made a matching bra top and covered it in real seashells. I am in the process of making a pearl and seashell bellydance costume and thought before I brave making another tail, I will apply the same techniques and make a 'mermaid' bra and belt set. I can't wait to start, I hope it warms up soon. I love mermaids! I love drawing and have just started painting as well.

Shimmies from NC
Amara
electricshimmy.com

http://electricshimmy.com/mermaidanna.jpg

Mermaid Saphira
02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
^ Welcome!! Is that your daughter? She is so precious! Are you planning to make her a swimmable tail as well? :)

shimmygoddess
02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes, She is 6 now. She loves mermaids too! She keeps asking for a new tale. LOL. This one actually turned out too small, but since it was only for photos, it was ok. It was such a last minute project and I did the whole costume 2 days before we left for your vacation. I stuffed the fluke w/ stuffing..LOL. Totally not waterproof. I will make her one to swim in too. I have been reading so much and just can't decide if I should do the latex or the silicone, sigh. And if I want to paint scales, use chicken wire/netting, or try something else. Decisions Decisions.

Odette
02-27-2012, 07:32 PM
wonderful. welcome to the forum.
i used to bellydance too but it lost its luster for me. i would love to see your performance.

ShyMer
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Lovely photo! She looks adorable <3

Looking forward to seeing more stuff!

shimmygoddess
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi there, here is my channel on youtube if you want to check it out ;) Maybe one day you will become interested again. I want to be a dancing mermaid now. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricShimmy

wonderful. welcome to the forum.
i used to bellydance too but it lost its luster for me. i would love to see your performance.

Mermaid Sirena
03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh my goodness hello beautiful! I tried to do belly dance, never figured out what to do with my hands though.... So I switched to hula hooping :D If you ever do underwater photography let me know and I can add you to the growing list underwater photographers! BTW that photo is both beautiful and adorable.

shimmygoddess
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Sirena, I will keep that in mind! That is one photography style I have not tried yet, sounds like fun though. I do some hula hooping too. a couple days after we arrived my pro camera's shutter died, so I had to do those photos w/ my point and shoot. I was so upset, but thank goodness for Photoshop, it saved them tremendously!!

Oh my goodness hello beautiful! I tried to do belly dance, never figured out what to do with my hands though.... So I switched to hula hooping :D If you ever do underwater photography let me know and I can add you to the growing list underwater photographers! BTW that photo is both beautiful and adorable.

Mermaid Sirena
03-03-2012, 08:24 AM
That's a point and shoot?! :O Wow you really are good.

shimmygoddess
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
A great eye, and the magic of Photoshop :)