PDA

View Full Version : i would love some advice!

Mermaid Aurora
02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Alright, merfolk. I didn't quite know which forum to post this in, I hope it's okay in here.
My tail. I have read all the reviews on tails and I don't know what to do. Obviously, Mertailor is the cheapest option for me (latex). His tails (as advertised) are simply lovely and realistic, but I do NOT want to throw away my money on something that could arrive the wrong size, bad quality, late, or anything of the sort ): My next option would be MermanJesse ( http://www.mermaidcreations-inc.com/ ) which are GORGEOUS and SILICON!!! but again, this is $350 more than Mertailor. I really would like a latex tail that's cheap, but unfortuneately, Mertailor seems to be the only provider! does anyone know any latex tail providers that are reliable?
Thanks for any input!

Mermaid Sirena
02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I personally can't think of any though remember you get what you pay for. I think though if you hold off a little bit there might be more tail makers coming into their own.

Mermaid Saphira
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Have you ever swam in a mermaid tail? I would highly suggest getting atleast a farbic tail before you try your fins at a latex/silicone. If you have, I would suggest Jesses, he is very helpful and has very nice looking tails

Tasha Mermaid
04-29-2012, 12:53 AM
the tails from Mermaid Parties look good too, although I'm not sure what they are made of, but they are cheap....im going with that after i finish making my first fabric tail :P .......and I'm not sure but that Raven makes gorgeous tails, she may do latex????

MermaidParties
04-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks so much for the reference Mermaid Lunali! :D I appreciate it. Yes, I make custom latex tails. You are more than welcome to check out the facebook at www.facebook.com/mermaidparties and see what you think. And feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks so much for the reference Mermaid Lunali! :D I appreciate it. Yes, I make custom latex tails. You are more than welcome to check out the facebook at www.facebook.com/mermaidparties (http://www.facebook.com/mermaidparties) and see what you think. And feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

hahah you are very welcome, I'm kinda just a lil sad i didn't see your page BEFORE paying for my mono fin and material ad i have spent more then the cost of your tail....of cause i don't know what shipping to sydney australia would be like cost wise so i can't really say that my first tail turned out to be more expensive :P

MermaidParties
04-30-2012, 01:59 AM
It's ok, it's always a fun experience to make your own tail and I hope to be around a while, so when you need a new one maybe I can make one for you then. :D I hope you'll post pictures when you're done with your tail! :D

MermaidParties
04-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Oh and shipping for my tails to Australia isn't bad at all! It's like $40 bucks because of how I make my shipping boxes :D

MermaidRaegan
04-30-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm also vouching for Mermaid Parties if you want an inexpensive latex tail. Mermaid Creations tails also seem to be an amazing deal for your dollar, but as you stated he's more expensive. Also keep in mind that Mermaid Parties tails are 100% customizable, so you can get whatever colors/fluke/fins/etc. that you want. :) For $200 bucks, I think that's your best option for a starter tail, and if you want something in silicone from Jesse then you can save up for it later. :)
Mermaid Raven makes AMAZING tails, but her's are several thousand dollars and she has a long waiting list, so I would only suggest that if you're looking to mermaid professionally.

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm going to agree with the above posts. Stephanie at mermaid parties is an AWESOME up and coming tail-maker. And she makes the monofins inside her tails. big bonus, because they're shaped like your fluke to begin with, so no awkward floppiness in some spots, and just the right floppiness in others.

Kanti
04-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd consider saving up for the silicone! For only $350 more it seems quite a bargain and worth the wait :')

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:48 PM
It's ok, it's always a fun experience to make your own tail and I hope to be around a while, so when you need a new one maybe I can make one for you then. :D I hope you'll post pictures when you're done with your tail! :D

I actually started a thread on making my tail that I'm posting pics as i go in....so far i have just my material and I'm waiting on my mono fin, here is the link if you want to stay up to date with my progress :D http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1883-Making-my-very-first-Tail

and yes i definitely need one of your tails, I'm hoping that it won't be too far off before i get to be able to buy one (maybe near the end of the year...or september ish which is my birthday)

oh and that is REALLY REALLY good ...only $40 I'm so impressed ....ok ok lets aim for about september for an order from me :P ...that gives me time to really think about what i want as well :D ...im Libran so we have issues with making up our mind hahaha :P

Mermaid Dottie
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
:D ...im Libran so we have issues with making up our mind hahaha :P
I hear ya, mer-sister. Always lookin for that balance...

Tasha Mermaid
05-02-2012, 01:04 AM
I hear ya, mer-sister. Always lookin for that balance...

Oh i have that balance.... i really want to make a tail myself, and i really want to buy a latex tail ....see Balance LMFO (laugh my fins off) hahaha

Mermaid Aurora
06-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks so much for the reference Mermaid Lunali! :D I appreciate it. Yes, I make custom latex tails. You are more than welcome to check out the facebook at www.facebook.com/mermaidparties (http://www.facebook.com/mermaidparties) and see what you think. And feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'd be happy to answer them. :)
I've finally decided to go with mermaid parties! i've saved up half of what i need and I'm working every day towards more money! I'm so very excited for my first tail and can't wait to order(:

MermaidParties
06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi sophiadarling! I so greatly appreciate you taking a chance on my business :D I have posted some new design techniques that I'm using now. Airbrush and completely 100% chip, tear, crack and peel proof paint jobs :D I also have tops for sale now too. Updates on the facebook and the new website :D www.mermaidpartiesandtails.com