PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater friendly makeup questions! Need help ASAP

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 02:45 AM
So I've gone through so many posts about waterproof makeup. I need the best waterproof for saltwater, not chlorinated or freshwater.
I'm going into a tank with sharks, so I want to be be as safe as possible and use as little chemicals just to make sure I don't make the sharks ill.
I'm not going to use any hair products, or any glitters. I'm also not going to be wearing any painted shells, or anything that could flake or leave a residue.
I know I'm being paranoid, but I'm super excited and I don't want to hurt any animal because of my own ignorance.
So I'm looking for Saltwater friendly, animal friendly, waterproof makeup.
Thanks guys! <3

Mermaid Thea
04-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Stila stay-all-day liquid eyeliner is my holy grail eyeliner for mermaiding! It's a little pricey (I think $22), but it doesn't smudge or move at all. And Stila is cruelty free!

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks Thea! I'll keep that in mind next time I hit Ulta <3

LeeniusUnicorn
04-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Oooh sounds so exciting, and I think your choice of safety for the sharks is awesome and perfect. [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks Leenius! I found out there will be black tip reef sharks, nurse sharks, leopard sharks and bonnerhead sharks

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-17-2017, 07:44 PM
The weeki wachee mermaids should know, they have to stay in full makeup underwater with all sorts of aquatic creatures including some sharks. I hope they reply to this as I would like to know this information as well. :)

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 08:55 PM
That would be awesome if they reply khaleesi!

Slim
04-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Tula, if they don't answer; let me know. A distance relative mom is a retired Weeki Wachee mermaid and he date one himself awhile back that I can ask. I just don't have access to the current mermaids :/

That would be awesome if they reply khaleesi!

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Tula, if they don't answer; let me know. A distance relative mom is a retired Weeki Wachee mermaid and he date one himself awhile back that I can ask. I just don't have access to the current mermaids :/
That would be fantastic Slim! Any information would be great.

Slim
04-17-2017, 09:29 PM
I sent you a PM on who to message.

That would be fantastic Slim! Any information would be great.

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 09:30 PM
I sent you a PM on who to message.
Thanks hun! Ill send a message

Slim
04-17-2017, 09:31 PM
You're welcome :)

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-17-2017, 09:43 PM

Psst if you get any information could you let me know? I'd like the info as well. :$ :D

Mermaid Tula
04-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Psst if you get any information could you let me know? I'd like the info as well. :$ :D

Of course! <3 No problem Khaleesi!

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Thank you. :)

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-21-2017, 01:06 AM
I've been asking around. I haven't heard anything back yet, but if I do I'll be sure to let you know as well. :)

Mermaid Tula
04-23-2017, 12:20 AM
So far nothing new to add. I messaged the person Slim suggested, but nothing back from her. I think I'll do minimalist makeup, maybe just an eyeliner and a lipstain (possibly my benetint for both lips and cheeks) and maybe some creme eyeshadow.

Slim
04-23-2017, 01:32 AM
Sorry she never messaged back. Seem like everyone went quiet at the same time :/

So far nothing new to add. I messaged the person Slim suggested, but nothing back from her. I think I'll do minimalist makeup, maybe just an eyeliner and a lipstain (possibly my benetint for both lips and cheeks) and maybe some creme eyeshadow.

Mermaid Tula
04-24-2017, 01:16 AM
Sorry she never messaged back. Seem like everyone went quiet at the same time :/
Not your fault Slim! It happens. Maybe she's been busy, or my message could have gone to her 'other' folder and she missed it. It happens. I'm not too terribly worried. I've been looking into Tarte cosmetics because they are eco friendly. I do worry about them lasting in the water, but I plan on going over to my Ulta store and talking to some of the girls there about Tarte.