PDA

View Full Version : Silicon bra possibilities?

Mermaasai
02-29-2012, 02:25 PM
ok so lately I've been wondering about these >>>> 1894

If you can paint them, sew things into or on to them, or glue things to them...
Not because I'm a saucy mer (ok maybe a LITTLE) but mostly because I want to keep the ladies on lock down while still achieving a super realistic merbust....
I imagine that under water those things would just meld into your skin colorwise.. and the straps would be super transparent.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm going to go buy a set next week and mess around with them...

AniaR
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
is that a water bra? hehehe

MermaidAubrin
02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Good idea let me know how it goes

Mermaasai
02-29-2012, 04:03 PM
is that a water bra? hehehe

Its a silicone bra actually!

MermaidAubrin
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Us mermaids making latex and silicone clothing, buying sex toy cleaner and lube to get into these costumes and clean them

It's completely innocent i swear!

Mermaasai
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Us mermaids making latex and silicone clothing, buying sex toy cleaner and lube to get into these costumes and clean them

nice!

MermaidAubrin
02-29-2012, 06:24 PM
:D

Winged Mermaid
02-29-2012, 07:15 PM
That looks like a NuBra with straps! Cool. I use to own the silicone version of a NuBra- loved that thing, especially for fancy dresses or tops where straps would otherwise show. By the way I left mine out one night and my cats ripped it apart. Who knew silicone said toy to cats? :P Anyhow, yeah you can't puncture or glue anything to those, they're too fragile. However NuBra makes a alternative that is fabric, and generics of those are all over, for all price ranges. I got one from JoAnns (http://www.joann.com/adhesive-bra-size-d/zprd_10687986a/) (and they email and have 40% off coupons via app as well) and it gives lift and shape! Just know that the adhesive doesn't last. Generics are meant to be worn 10-30 times, NuBra over 100. If you have something that has straps to hold it in place it's no big deal though. Otherwise once the adhesive runs out you may have to use spirit gum.

You might get paint to stick to the silicone one, but you couldn't use anything that needed heat setting. Besides that, my thought was that if the padding on the fabric one was not enough for your needs, you could buy a fabric one and a silicone one and put the fabric over (cupping) the silicone one. They're the same shape so they would overlay nicely. If that does what you need you could decorate the fabric one however you want (Raven (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/167144_1874880271381_1222432636_32245167_1756016_n .jpg) uses the fabric ones as her bases when needed, and it was the base for my top (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/299581_182127291858012_100001822264620_442500_3488 177_n.jpg)) and glue those two together. Just my thoughts!

Mermaasai
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
ok so I was just mad curious and I went and did it...
Here are my results thus far..

I got a Dritz adhesive silicone cup (for size A even though I'm a B... I wanted to just give enough coverage, not be a whole boob)
and I got some black netting as well as instant vinyl transparent adhesive, fray check, and some upholstery grade (rot proof) black thread.
I also had some freshwater pearls and a few metal bits and bobs around.
Also a black bra clasp (also from dritz).

I figured what the hell.. at least it could be a fun dry top.

Sooooo...
The process is as follows-

First I figured out how I wanted to position the cups on mah boobs and how I wanted the netting to "drape" over them.
Once that was decided, I put the cups on a bra I already had that was pretty comfy (though old incase I got glue on it or something) to hold them in general place while I worked.
I held the netting against the right cup and used the instant vinyl to glue it down. You kinda have to hold it in place for a second while you work, and blow on it to get it to stiffen up a bit. Once you know its not going any where you can move to another section.
I only glued around the outer edges of the cup and did not glue the inner edge where my cleavage would be (so the netting would pull free from the cups and my boobs with out popping the cups OFF my boobs)
When it dries you can see it being a little shiny in comparison to the rest of the cup.. I imagine a little colorful embellishment paint or something wouldnt hurt to hide the shiny-ness.
(I am going to try painting it a little tonight)
Once it was glued to both of the cups and I used a hairdryer to kinda heat set it/speed up the drying process, I went ahead and sewed the center of the now bra looking thing with the black upholstery thread and a needle, using a silver pendant thingy I had lying around to give it a little pizazz.
I tried it on and figured where to put the 'straps'.
Then I strung my freshwater pearls with the same thread (though I might suggest using something more sturdy like some kind of fishing string?)
and sewed that to the netting as well. (Note: I have not sewn anything TO the actual silicone cup because it is very delicate and will just fall apart if its gashed with a needle.. all the sewing is done to the netting)

Then I used the bra clasp and sewed that onto the netting at the back so that I could clasp the whole thing together with out worry.
(I kept trying it on and taking it off for adjustments and deciding on lengths etc)
I then clipped off the excess length of netting.

Finally- use the instant vinyl and reinforce the edges of the netting on your cup and make sure everything is cop-acetic and lastly using the Fray Check, touch all the ends of the netting to make sure nothing is going to fray.

Let dry.

embellish to your hearts content.

This is essentially a DRY mermaid top BUT I am going to go and test it at the pool to see how the glue holds up etc while swimming.
If it falls apart I will let you know ;)
Also: these arent like the pic that I originally posted. If this works out ok, I will probably buy an actual silicone bra with straps and mess with that too, these are silicone CUPS that stick on to your bewbies ^.^

mermaidondine
03-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh! I love how your bra turned out, Maasai! I really like the nakey, but not effect it has. Its sexy, but still modest in a way, and it looks very natural :-)

Please do keep us updated on how it holds up in the water! I was toying with the idea of using one of these, but since I'm a bit busty; it may not be the best route. So silicone bra with straps might be the safest bet for someone like myself... Still. I'd love to know how your experiment goes! :-D

Winged Mermaid
03-07-2012, 02:05 AM
That looks really great!! The tint of the bra matches your skin tone well enough that it works really well! I could never do that, waaaay to fair skinned :P I'd never heard of instant vinyl, but it sounds really handy! Good thing about the straps is that even if the glue doesn't hold up in water or over time they will keep things in place rather than it being all on the bra. Good luck on your water testing!

SireniaSolaris
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Wow! This looks awesome! Great job! i'd love to do something like this, but i, too, am veeeeeeery pale.

Odette
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
it looks sexy! =D really cool!

Mermaid Sirena
03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I love it! Really sexy ^_^

Gem Stone
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
sexy or not, it just looks awesome! it looks very mermaidy and natural.

Mermaid Marla
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Oh that is beautiful! Looking forward to your test results!

MermaidAubrin
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow turned out great!!! Good job!

babsannee
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
So cool! It's simple, and awesome.

green52
03-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Have you tried it in water?

Also, despite what you claim, that looks pretty saucy.

Mermaasai
03-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Not yet, we've had a bit of a chill here and I've been working weird hours BUT soon, there's going to be a nice heat wave and my hours are shifting back to days so that's awesome.

I wish I had a 24 hour gym with a pool here, but no dice.

Kanti
03-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Wow that's a really cute idea :')
I love how the end result looks too

It may or may not stick underwater, I have a bra similar to that and it seems like the
adhesive is very mild. Probably touch it up with spirit gum on the edges and then it'll
be nice and stuck on you

Mermaasai
03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I went swimming in it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKJHy_Yw-0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKJHy_Yw-0)

Mermaid Sirena
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Ahh if only I wasn't at work so I actually could listen to what you were saying.

Evangeline
05-11-2012, 02:04 PM
I must buy some... o.o

MermaidRaegan
05-15-2012, 12:12 AM
These are so awesome!!

Lyna
08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
ooh...that fishnet over top is really awesome. you look neked...hehehe
mermaid parties rocked a top with giant sequins and one of those bras that looks kcik ass. not gonna lie...i replicated the idea on a bra with multi fish colors. :)

MermaidIvy
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
That is THE Coolest top I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Would you make one to sell? (:

Aziara
07-08-2013, 10:21 PM

:lol ^::lol::rotfl::eyebrows: So very true!

amycishere
07-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm also interested if you'd make on to sell as well! Please email me at amycishere@hotmail.com

Imogen Finnly
10-02-2013, 12:39 AM
I actually made two bras out of the strapless silicone bras and even bought netting to hold it in place the only problem for me was that my breasts are a little too big for the appropriate cup size. but I was able to successfully hot glue and super glue sequins and shells onto it. I have pictures posted on my profile albums. the only down side is that its kinda heavy so you'd need netting to reinforce the bra. I would personally only use it for dry events. I am question the glue that is used once wet. I have an old one I used for a while and the glue does wear down and eventually you catch yourself trying to stick the edges of it back onto your chest (due to sweat as well) . but over all they are very comfortable and seamless under shirts!

Imogen Finnly
01-22-2014, 12:02 AM
It won't let me post the picture

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Merman Chatfish
11-27-2014, 01:39 AM
ooh...that fishnet over top is really awesome. you look neked...hehehe
mermaid parties rocked a top with giant sequins and one of those bras that looks kcik ass. not gonna lie...i replicated the idea on a bra with multi fish colors. :)

next is to really freak people out and make an all nude colored tail.