PDA

View Full Version : DragonCon

Blaze
07-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Anyone else going? :D

Thelma
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Me! But I guess it's just us two. :( I was thinking about taking over the Mariott fountain for a bit...

Blaze
08-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Well the pool is open on Thursday; they close it that night though once the con starts. I've never actually been in the pool even thought I've been going since '99. :D Not sure if I'm bringing my swimming tail yet; sewing my walking tail now!

Thelma
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
A few days ago I checked with the Hyatt (where I'm staying). Short story, they're closing their pool by Thursday evening, at the latest. It might not even be open at all Thursday. Stingy bastards. :P

I forgot to mention earlier... Me and some friends are going to the Georgia Aquarium Thursday afternoon, starting at around 3. Come and join us if you like! You can get discounted tickets through (of all places) DeKalb county's web site: http://visitatlantasdekalbcounty.com/attractions/downtown-atlanta-attractions/georgia-aquarium-exclusive-discount-pricing/

MermaidAubrin
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Um I'm not sure what dragon con is but if it's in Texas I may be able to go

Blaze
08-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Um I'm not sure what dragon con is but if it's in Texas I may be able to go

It's not, it's in Atlanta, GA.

Psst, google is your friend. ;D

Blaze
08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
A few days ago I checked with the Hyatt (where I'm staying). Short story, they're closing their pool by Thursday evening, at the latest. It might not even be open at all Thursday. Stingy bastards. :P

I forgot to mention earlier... Me and some friends are going to the Georgia Aquarium Thursday afternoon, starting at around 3. Come and join us if you like! You can get discounted tickets through (of all places) DeKalb county's web site: http://visitatlantasdekalbcounty.com/attractions/downtown-atlanta-attractions/georgia-aquarium-exclusive-discount-pricing/

Urg, I probably won't bother bringing a swim tail then; we fly in on Thursday and with getting all my friends coming with me settled (this is their first year) then heading to Benihana for my birthday dinner that night there won't be time. Ah well; will just wear my Ariel on Saturday with my walking tail.

MermaidAubrin
08-24-2011, 11:49 PM
It's not, it's in Atlanta, GA.Psst, google is your friend. ;D oh sorry and yes google is my best friend but sometime I neglect it :D

NerineArcticMermaid
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
If like to but can't afford to go... I live about 20 min from atlanta... We should meet up!

Oceana
08-28-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm coming! Staying at the Motel 6 Airport hotel! They have a pool!

...anyone want to come swim on Thursday evening? :)

malinghi
08-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I think I'm going too, actually.

Oceana
08-28-2011, 02:47 AM
YAY! The more mers the merrier =D LOL

FYI I'm going as Meg on Friday and Tink on Saturday. Had no time to get new costumes for the con...it was a last minute thing!

Blaze
08-28-2011, 11:13 AM
My costume schedule currently:

Thursday night: Something cute, maybe pinup-y for my birthday dinner at Benihana

Friday day - Undecided; fire belly dance costume (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5216/5455058832_e8235db773_b.jpg) or green pvc ensemble (sort of poison ivy)
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5299/5547342784_fb138907a0_o.jpg)Friday Night - Moulin Rouge night so I'll be in my Black Diamonds

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5680432887_5cddf17877_o.jpg)Saturday Day - Ariel (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6068/6063541819_9267afa0b8_b.jpg) & Hubby will be wearing his Jack Sparrow that day.
Saturday Night - Burlesque show Dark Phoenix gown (show is at midnight but will be getting ready for it most of the evening)

Sunday day - Undecided; might wear Dark Phoenix gown or either belly dance or green pvc.
Sunday Night - Jessica Rabbit (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/5704293390_1aec1812b0_b.jpg)

malinghi
08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Scarlet, it sounds like your schedule is packed.

How feasible do you think it would be to have some kind of meetup? A group swim would be cool, but it seems like it would be hard to organize. Everyone who's interested, when would you be available to meet up?

Personally I don't have much of a schedule, so I'm probably good whenever.

Blaze
08-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Scarlet, it sounds like your schedule is packed.

How feasible do you think it would be to have some kind of meetup? A group swim would be cool, but it seems like it would be hard to organize. Everyone who's interested, when would you be available to meet up?

Personally I don't have much of a schedule, so I'm probably good whenever.

Heh yup but as I've been going for over 10 years I'm used to gearing up year round for it! Not to mention I've built up quite a wardrobe. ;) It's more just a list of what I'm wearing really than place to be; I usually just wander the con in these!

Aside from my performance in the burlesque show saturday night and my birthday dinner thursday night and a loose meetup for Moulin Rouge on Friday night I'm pretty open. Not for swimming; the pool at the Hyatt will be closed & I'm not willing to leave the main hotels area.

Oceana
08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
We should have a scheduled meet up at the con on Friday or Saturday I think...That would probably be the easiest thing I think.

malinghi
08-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Aside from my performance in the burlesque show saturday night and my birthday dinner thursday night and a loose meetup for Moulin Rouge on Friday night I'm pretty open. Not for swimming; the pool at the Hyatt will be closed & I'm not willing to leave the main hotels area.

You sure you wouldn't reconsider? Based on mercon I gotta say that group swimming is the best part of meeting people from the community. About the pool, the website for DragonCon says there are five host hotels. I've never been to DragonCon so I wasn't sure what that meant, but I was hoping there would be other pools nearby that we could use if the Hyatt's pool is closed.

The host hotels: Hilton Atlanta, Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Marriott Marquis Atlanta, Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel

Blaze
08-29-2011, 04:29 PM
The host hotels mean that they are officially involved in the convention & have a con rate. There are also events taking place in the hotels that have to do with the con. The main two are the Hyatt and the Marriott.

I just called the Marriott (the hotel I am staying in) and they not only have a pool but they will indeed have it open. Heh, never even knew they had one! Not sure if I will be able to pack my swimming tail but I can try. How about meeting up on either Friday or Sunday late morning / early afternoon? I prefer Sunday as i don't want my hair to be messed up for my show on Saturday night. :D

Oceana
08-30-2011, 12:16 AM
I'll be gone Sunday =( I have to work at 12:30 so Friday sounds best for me if possible.

Blaze
08-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Ok, so Friday? What time? Before or after lunch? At this point I do not know if i am bringing my tail yet; I don't plan to let my head go under water (hair) so it seems kinda pointless to bring it! :p Will depend on packing this afternoon!

Oceana
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Before sounds best to me...

malinghi
09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I think I might be able to make it Friday. I think the morning should be fine.

So who's going to be there? Scarlet, oceana... jennifer, are you coming?

Oceana
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
So can we set a time? XD And are we meeting by the pool to hang or are we actually swimming? Or just casually meeting up? Inquiring minds want to know ;P

malinghi
09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I propose 11 am, and we meet at the pool. If for some reason we can't get to the pool, we can meet in the lobby. Bring a tail or a swimsuit to swim in, although it's possible they might not let us, in which case we can just hang out and maybe go get lunch or something. I just sent a message to oceana and crimson with my number. Is anyone else coming tomorrow?

Blaze
09-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Grr, didn't see this until now. Things got so crazy right before we left!