PDA

View Full Version : My mertailor story

AniaR
05-17-2017, 02:52 PM
hey folks I have seen my "story" brought up on FB a few times, so I thought I'd set the record straight on this one. I made a video about it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p69Mqw3WJkE&feature=youtu.be

Neerai
05-17-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm so happy to know this story has a good ending ^^

Rebela Hunter
05-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Whoa, that's an eye opener!
Now it makes sense as to why some people bring up some parts of your old review in their conversations... it's sad, but I'm glad it has a happy ending, too!

Thanks for the video, Raina!

<3

Mermaid Wesley
05-18-2017, 01:30 PM
So glad you posted this! I was JUST TALKING about how my feelings on mertailor have kindof taken a 180.

I've been in the community fooor..... 5-6 years now? And when I joined, mertailor was the punching bag, really. Hating Eric was THE THING to do, you know? You guys who are new like there was a thread where we basically harped on mertailor and I think it was the most posted in thread like the whole week I joined the community. I definitely never formed my own opinion on his stuff before hearing all the bad. It continued on that way, I met him for 4 seconds while drunk at merfest, it didn't change my impression of him, really I had never heard anything good about the guy.

Then I decided I was being a child. I mean I was 18 when I started with mermaids and decided to hate this guy and I mean 18 might legally be an adult but lol. No. And I decided to unfollow his stuff and get off my high horse and just live my life.

And like you said, it doesn't excuse anything, but I have to say... I am so impressed with where he's going in the past year or so. For the first time I find myself with like "tail-envy" over those new flukes. I recently followed him on Instagram and I remember you talking, Raina, about meeting him and seeing him in Florida and I hadn't been paying attention but was shocked. Like RAINA??

So I figured if Raina isn't holding a grudge and has moved on, he must actually be doing good work. Because I know you're not about letting people be treated unfairly. So I went on his Facebook and Instagram and was like wow.

So I actually just mentioned the other day to my friend that I don't have a real issue with mertailor anymore. And we brought up a lot of the same things. He seems to be making an effort to be better and I'm like so happy for him. It makes me feel better to not have a random mermaid vendetta that I like... inherited at 18?? I'm just glad he's making more mermaids and making them happy and yay.

Who knows maybe I'll buy a tail from him some day. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolphin Man
05-18-2017, 05:39 PM
hey folks I have seen my "story" brought up on FB a few times, so I thought I'd set the record straight on this one. I made a video about it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p69Mqw3WJkE&feature=youtu.be

I'm especially happy to hear you say he's changed his process, not that I'm a prior customer of his, but just because it shows he's innovating and improving. Nobody should stick with old methods. After all, if nobody innovated, we might still be using fabric tails.