PDA

View Full Version : texas mers where are yall from? shout out lol

Satine
06-10-2017, 10:34 AM
hello everyone just trying to get a feel where all the mer in texas are since it doesnt seam like there are that many and all the ones ive heard of are in austin. i am right outside of houston in tomball. wheres everyone else from? how long have yall been mer? do yall like being mer in the south? lol

Sea~Phoenix Savannah
06-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Austin! I've been a mer for a year and a half. I like it quite a bit because there's lots of fun places to swim here, and even more about 2 and a half hours away. The weather is also very useful for swimming in Texas, but a little more in Austin too since northern Texas typically gets colder faster and more cold fronts tend to hit it.

cletusk20
06-12-2017, 06:29 AM
Just outside of Abilene here. And as far as I know, I'm the only merman in my area.

LauraLWatson
06-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Just outside of Abilene here. And as far as I know, I'm the only merman in my area.

Come swim with us! We've got three mermen- and they love meeting new friends!

Satine
06-14-2017, 11:44 AM

man wish you were closer id swim with you !!!!

id love to see if there could be a big texas meet up for all the mer folk sometime !!!

Satine
06-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Come swim with us! We've got three mermen- and they love meeting new friends!

what part of texas are yall from? it would be awesome to have a meet up sometime!

Mermaid Delphinidae
06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
League City, it's between Houston and Galveston. (although pretty soon I'm gonna go off to a Texas Conservation Corps position that's going to take me to parks all around the state) Only recently got into mer, I have a monofin but I still need to make a tail, I have to put that off until July.

Satine
06-14-2017, 01:06 PM
League City, it's between Houston and Galveston. (although pretty soon I'm gonna go off to a Texas Conservation Corps position that's going to take me to parks all around the state) Only recently got into mer, I have a monofin but I still need to make a tail, I have to put that off until July.

thats awesome !!! i love big bend national park and big bend ranch state park !!! im sure if you visit thows youd love them !!!

Sherielle
06-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Cypress! We're neighbors!

Mermaid Delphinidae
06-15-2017, 04:14 PM
thats awesome !!! i love big bend national park and big bend ranch state park !!! im sure if you visit thows youd love them !!!

I've never been, but I really hope I go for this, ha ha.

LauraLWatson
06-15-2017, 04:27 PM
We are in Dallas-Fort Worth. A state meet up is planned for August. I think it has its own thread. I think they decided on Joe Pool Lake. I *think.*

Satine
06-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Cypress! We're neighbors!

omg no way !!!!! would totally love to meet you some time !!! maybe go for a swim some where when i get my tail !!!! you know any good swimming places?

Delphin
06-15-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm in Tomball as well. Though haven't found anywhere to swim that isn't a bit of a drive.

Satine
06-16-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm in Tomball as well. Though haven't found anywhere to swim that isn't a bit of a drive.

thats awesome delphin !!!! i am looking for a place to swim thats both a pool to practice and a natural water sorce that would be awesome !!! what kind of tail do you have? how long have you been a mer?

Ryan Ankh
06-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Houston area (kingwood)

=^.^=

ive swam no where but my pool :/

Satine
06-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Houston area (kingwood)

=^.^=

ive swam no where but my pool :/

man i wonder if theres a mer friendly pool any where !!! hmmm ive gotta figure out where king wood is lol would be cool for us all to go for a swim some day !!!

Ryan Ankh
06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
It's like 30min away from Tomball, generally speaking :D

Satine
06-16-2017, 07:14 PM
It's like 30min away from Tomball, generally speaking :D

no that far at all then !!! what kind of tail do you have? how long have you been a mer? did you come from another state? or are you from texas?

Ryan Ankh
06-16-2017, 10:01 PM
I have a mertailor fabric one ATM - but I'll have a finfolk Mythic next month ������
About a year since I got my first tail I'd say - and I'm from jersey ^.^

Delphin
06-17-2017, 12:45 PM
I've had an interest for years, but only started making swimmable tails last year. So far have turned out a fabric tail that works well and a silicone tail that I've been too afraid of messing up to try. Still need to find a deep-enough pool for that tail.

Ryan Ankh
06-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Maybe I should have a pool party ��

Satine
06-17-2017, 02:18 PM
I have a mertailor fabric one ATM - but I'll have a finfolk Mythic next month 😻😻😻
About a year since I got my first tail I'd say - and I'm from jersey ^.^

thats totally awesome !!!! ive heard good things about both mertailor and finfolk !!! i cant wait to get my tail !!! i just have to get roleing on the wight loss before i can get my mesurments done and my tail started. its already paid for thow!

did you have to do mesurments for either of your tails?

Sherielle
06-19-2017, 05:20 PM
omg no way !!!!! would totally love to meet you some time !!! maybe go for a swim some where when i get my tail !!!! you know any good swimming places?I swim in my neighborhood pool when it's open. I haven't found another yet, though I'm sure there are several.

merman_kae
06-20-2017, 01:45 PM
I'm from Lockhart!

merman_kae
06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Oh cool. I have family in Anson. Maybe we could swim together the next time I'm in the area.

theredknight100
06-20-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm from Lockhart!

your from lockhart!? im from buda texas! :D your very close to were I live ^^

merman_kae
06-20-2017, 06:56 PM
your from lockhart!? im from buda texas! :D your very close to were I live ^^
Wow! We're super close. That's crazy!

theredknight100
06-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Wow! We're super close. That's crazy! agree ^^ its very nice to meet a fellow merman that's in the contrey area :) also I go to lockhart every now and then for bar b-q and such :)

merman_kae
06-21-2017, 12:09 PM
agree ^^ its very nice to meet a fellow merman that's in the contrey area :) also I go to lockhart every now and then for bar b-q and such :)
Oh awesome! Do you have a favorite bbq place to go to? I love Black's but Chisolm Trail is closer to my house and I can stop by on the way home from work.

Ryan Ankh
06-21-2017, 02:19 PM
I did for the mythic - they aren't custom but they do require measurements for the sizing... the fabric one I just ordered a by my weight/fit

merman_kae
06-22-2017, 07:20 PM
I did for the mythic - they aren't custom but they do require measurements for the sizing... the fabric one I just ordered a by my weight/fit

The mythics are so nice. Which one did you get, if you don't mind my asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Ankh
06-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Unicorn pink ������

merman_kae
06-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Unicorn pink ������
Oh! That one is so pretty! I think the only one that I like better than yours is the gold one. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your tail when you get it.

MermaidSaph
06-27-2017, 03:34 AM
I'm out near El Paso... :( there's literally nothing (and no one) out here.

EDIT:
I just checked, and apparently I'm technically part of the southwest pod, but there's no one near enough for it to matter anyways lol

Satine
07-03-2017, 10:45 AM
I've had an interest for years, but only started making swimmable tails last year. So far have turned out a fabric tail that works well and a silicone tail that I've been too afraid of messing up to try. Still need to find a deep-enough pool for that tail.

thats awesome i dont have any skill to make my own! so i am going to buy mine from mernation. lol still working on how i am going to get my mesurements done thow lol gotta lose some waight first to lol

Mermaid Tealfire
07-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Hi Kerrville here! I have a little bridge down the road I call the ditch I tested my tail out with my daughter and this weekend we went to Toledo bend and we swam @ the park I party boat pulled up saying they were looking for Ariel when I was enjoying floating to get some sun. my family got a really kick out of it lol! My dad said I didn't know we were with a celebrity!

Mystik_Leah
07-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Hey there!!! I am new to the group and live in Humble (Houston) right next door to Kingwood and not far at all from Tomball

Id love to meet up with some fellow merfolk and looking for ideas where to swim.

Ryan Ankh
07-20-2017, 03:15 PM
I live in Kingwood - but besides my back yard I don't know if swimming places >.< - do you have a tail. ��

Satine
07-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Hey there!!! I am new to the group and live in Humble (Houston) right next door to Kingwood and not far at all from Tomball

Id love to meet up with some fellow merfolk and looking for ideas where to swim.

id love to meet up once I get a tail waiting to be the right weight for the measurements for my tail

Ryan Ankh
07-20-2017, 10:00 PM
I have a small fabric mertailor - but you could use it or just the monofin if you ever stop by ����

Mystik_Leah
07-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Hey a backyard pool sounds just fine to me! But Im a newbie (swimmer not mermaid LOL) just got my first fabric tail, Suntail dragon, and im loving it! But i need more swim practice and build my strength!!!
If your down Id love to meet up sometime...im sure theres gotta be more swimming holes near us!!

Mystik_Leah
07-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Yeah dont wait for your tail just come swim with us in your monofin!!! Ill be doing alot of that as well to practice since I am just beginning to swim with a tail

Satine
07-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Yeah dont wait for your tail just come swim with us in your monofin!!! Ill be doing alot of that as well to practice since I am just beginning to swim with a tail

Ill have to do that sometime !!! Just got a new job so gotta get settled and figure out when my free time will be!

Ps: how old are y'all? I am 24 wondering how old our Texas mers are!

Mystik_Leah
07-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Ill have to do that sometime !!! Just got a new job so gotta get settled and figure out when my free time will be!

Ps: how old are y'all? I am 24 wondering how old our Texas mers are!

I just turned 30 My tail was my present lol!!! I just used it for the first time this weekend, LOVE!!

Sea Lace
08-18-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm in Tyler, but grew up in Dallas. I'm kinda hoping there is another mermaid close to me! I am currently researching my first monofin and fabric tail. So any advise would be great!

Coastal
08-18-2017, 03:54 PM
I'm from Fort Worth! Born and raised :D

Ayesha
08-27-2017, 03:42 AM
Aloha! I'm currently living in San Antonio. I've been a mermaid for 5 years now. :)
I'm still kind of new to Texas, so I am actively looking for a place to swim. So far, I've just been using a friend's pool. I totally missed out on the mergathering this weekend, but I would love to meet up and make some new merfriends!

LunaRose
02-28-2018, 02:26 PM
I live in Abilene!!!

gay-mermaid
03-01-2018, 01:14 AM
im in austin! havent finished my tail yet, but im getting there! its not too bad since austin has some nice springs and rivers!

mermaidLira
04-08-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm all the way over in Lubbock. Honestly think I'm it within 50 miles or more. Hoping to start up a pod around here and spread the fun!

Ryan Ankh
04-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Oh my! That’s no good! That’s a large lonely radius [emoji20]

MermaidRaegan
04-08-2018, 07:49 PM
It’s cool to see a couple other Austin mers. We do have a lot of nice natural swimming holes. I wish we had enough people to organize meet ups. Does Barton allow tails again? I can’t even remember.

gay-mermaid
04-08-2018, 10:24 PM
It’s cool to see a couple other Austin mers. We do have a lot of nice natural swimming holes. I wish we had enough people to organize meet ups. Does Barton allow tails again? I can’t even remember.

i doubt barton springs will allow tails, although the swimming area right below the pool is free and will most likely allow it!

MermaidRaegan
04-08-2018, 11:17 PM
I love swimming with my tail in lower Barton. Plus I can bring food and my dog, so major plus over Barton springs proper. I know the main area banned tails for a while, but I heard a rumor that they were allowing them again. *shrug*

gay-mermaid
04-08-2018, 11:19 PM
I love swimming with my tail in lower Barton. Plus I can bring food and my dog, so major plus over Barton springs proper. I know the main area banned tails for a while, but I heard a rumor that they were allowing them again. *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhuh, I'll have to look it up!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Abbeyg
04-30-2018, 03:56 PM
I’m sherman! About an hour north of Dallas, close to the Oklahoma border. I’d love to meet some fellow mermaids!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Lunette
04-30-2018, 10:09 PM
I'm an Arlington mer! :3

damn texas for being so huge, almost everybody is soooo spread out huh?

Mermaidtanya
05-01-2018, 01:01 AM
We are in Dallas-Fort Worth. A state meet up is planned for August. I think it has its own thread. I think they decided on Joe Pool Lake. I *think.*

I am really interested in joining that meetup! I live in DFW currently. Will be moving down to San Marcos by the end of summer more than likely

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Abbeyg
05-01-2018, 09:48 AM
I would love to go to the meet up at joe pool lake as well. I haven’t seen the thread though!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Ashton
05-20-2018, 02:12 PM
I know there is a meet up at the Texas Pool next weekend. But sadly I will be out of town.
I am looking to create a meet up in Plano in June.

Mermaid Pickles
05-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Awwwww. I just shelled out my savings for a finfolk fabric tail. I’m over in Texas City.

Ashton
05-21-2018, 08:57 AM
At least Texas City is near water, I am up in Dallas... and it is totally different than where I am from (Los Angeles). I miss the beach so bad.

Mermaidtanya
05-21-2018, 11:39 PM
I know there is a meet up at the Texas Pool next weekend. But sadly I will be out of town.
I am looking to create a meet up in Plano in June.

I’d definitely would love to meet in Plano because I visit that area alot. Plus, my job is in Plano anyway

Ashton
05-22-2018, 11:05 AM
I’d definitely would love to meet in Plano because I visit that area alot. Plus, my job is in Plano anyway

Are you part of the Pod of Texas Facebook group?

Mermaidtanya
05-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Are you part of the Pod of Texas Facebook group?

Yes I am!

Mermaidtanya
05-23-2018, 12:26 PM
Yes I am!

Scratch that, I’m part of a Texas pod group but not the one you’re talking about

theredknight100
05-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Oh awesome! Do you have a favorite bbq place to go to? I love Black's but Chisolm Trail is closer to my house and I can stop by on the way home from work.

i love Chisolm Trai! my family and i go there every now and then :) there food is awesome :)

Ashton
06-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Meet up in Plano TX!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665095430373466/?notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1528388976296898

mermaid.nerida
06-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Houston

Mermaid Delphinidae
08-02-2018, 02:07 PM
I just moved to Corpus Christi. Any other Corpus mers out there?

Satine
12-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Hey y’all I’ve made a Facebook page for mers in and around the Houston area for thows who want to connect and meet up !!! I find Facebook a little Easier than mernetwork !!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/475281292997262/?ref=share

AniaR
12-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Hey texas mers. I am coming to see you soon. Details to follow :D

Satine
12-31-2018, 07:16 PM
Hey texas mers. I am coming to see you soon. Details to follow :D

Yay !!! Raina I am so excited !!!! I am saveing my sand dollars so I can travel from my city to where your gonna be !!! Also bribeing my boyfriend so I don’t have to drive alone !!!

I’d really like to say hi when you come to Texas !!!!!

Ashton
01-01-2019, 04:36 AM
Snazzy!

AniaR
01-02-2019, 10:26 AM
I am doing a lot of travel in 2019 so I am really excited. I have never been to Texas before. My merwrangler will be with me too :) Once everything is locked in I'll let you all know and I'd love to meet up with as many folks as I can!

Mermaid_Rain
01-05-2019, 12:09 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing where you go!

Mermaid Delphinidae
01-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I am doing a lot of travel in 2019 so I am really excited. I have never been to Texas before. My merwrangler will be with me too :) Once everything is locked in I'll let you all know and I'd love to meet up with as many folks as I can!

Wow, sounds fun! I'll keep an eye out and see if I can make it to any meetups.

On another note, once it gets warm enough I'm gonna look for some good saltwater swimming spots in the Corpus area. Sometimes the water clarity is decent so I'm hoping to find a good place.

MermaidFinley
02-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Omg. Raina?! In Texas?! This is blessed news! Lol I'd love to meet you in person.