PDA

View Full Version : The Little Mermaid Burlesque routine

Blaze
03-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Thought I would share a video with you all as my Little Mermaid routine debuted last night! FYI I go down to 'starfish' and panties but am not nude. :D

http://youtu.be/hgkPDIcGbeg

We had a bet running to see how many people knew it was a retelling of the original non-Disney Little Mermaid story; as expected not many people knew! :p

Had a few snags; the lighting wasn't good (could hardly see the sea witch) as well as the stagehands working the water brought it up too early at the end (I was supposed to cry for a little and REALLY look dejected) but otherwise I really am happy with it. In the future I hope to build a 'real' prop rock and we want to use a bit of pyrotechnics for when the Sea Witch changes my tail to legs but the venue wouldn't allow it for this show (gorgeous vintage Hollywood theater).

P.S. That is my handsome Hubby as my Prince and my friend Jenna as my Sea Witch! :D Love them both!

Blaze
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Backstage right before we went on with my sexy Sea Witch. Check out the shell bits in her hair; Raven made the headpiece for me! :D
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7187/6950569753_9004a77354_b.jpg

Right after the first act in my 'walking around tail'
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/6950569651_fd659052ce_b.jpg

Blaze
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
BTW random side note: sorry I haven't been around much lately. I lost my job in September and don't get to spend as much time in front of the computer (strangely enough) right now! :p

AniaR
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
that was epic

Blaze
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
that was epic

:D Thank you! I was pretty excited with how it turned out!

Blondie
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Ahhhh!! I LOVED THAT! I freaked out when 'Sail' started up, it's currently one of my favorite songs! And if first the story perfectly. You looked so sexy too! Super cute! I'm glad it all worked out well :)

Mermaid Jewel
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I saw this on Raina's facebook! I loved it! It was super fun to watch and you (and everyone else ^.^) looked amazing :) I'm amazed you managed to shimmy out of that tail that fast!

MermaidAubrin
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
It's great! I didn't notice the few snags until you pointed them out

NewYorkMermaid
03-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Damn sexy girl, work those fins . Beautful job.

Blaze
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
It's great! I didn't notice the few snags until you pointed them out

Heh my husband would smack my hands for that; we are working on my lack of ability to 'take a compliment' and how I am always the first to point out the flaws in anything I do. :p Maybe I should delete those bits. :p

MermaidAubrin
03-04-2012, 12:39 AM
I do that a lot to... I think it is just afraid of someone thinking I don't now so I point it out

Blaze
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I do that a lot to... I think it is just afraid of someone thinking I don't now so I point it out

That is EXACTLY why I do it too! lol!

taom
03-04-2012, 03:03 AM
OMG THAT WAS SO EPIC!!! I am super impressed with you quick change ability, btw.

Blaze
03-04-2012, 12:24 PM
OMG THAT WAS SO EPIC!!! I am super impressed with you quick change ability, btw.

:D Thanks! I had the green sparkly panties on under the tail and put the shoes on after I got out. It's a lot easier for me to get out of the tail quickly than get into it! The shoes were the hardest part to get on and were a last minute change; I had planned to put on my ballroom dance shoes so I could actually DANCE a little more but they took me too long to buckle! Thes ones were really a lot higher than I usually do any dance moves in lol so that high kick was a little unnerving!

Mermaid Lorelei
03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Fantastic job! And I know what high kicks are like in heels and I'm super impressed!

AniaR
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I think it's one of the sexiest yet still tasteful mer things Ive ever seen. I've been showing it to everyone hahah so proud of you girl

Nate Walis
03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
One of the best marriages of mermaids and burlesque I've ever seen.

Gem Stone
03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Awesome!

melbel1023
03-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Lovely! What is the song called? And by who?

Blaze
03-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Lovely! What is the song called? And by who?

The song is 'Sail' by AWOLNATION.

taom
03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Awolnation is from Austin, Texas. Go us! XDD

Odette
03-06-2012, 02:39 AM
the song worked better than i thought it would.great show,scarlet! real nice performance.

Blaze
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
the song worked better than i thought it would.great show,scarlet! real nice performance.

Better than you thought it would? Have you been thinking about it previously? ;D

Funny thing; I decided to used this song about a year ago before it was 'well known'. A few months back it started getting a lot of play on the radio and I freaked out worrying someone would use it in a routine locally before I did (it's bad form to use another performers song if it can be helped). Thankfully I was able to be the first. ;D

Odette
03-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Better than you thought it would? Have you been thinking about it previously? ;D

Funny thing; I decided to used this song about a year ago before it was 'well known'. A few months back it started getting a lot of play on the radio and I freaked out worrying someone would use it in a routine locally before I did (it's bad form to use another performers song if it can be helped). Thankfully I was able to be the first. ;D
lol! by all means. you used it better than i could have ever done tho i didnt plan on using it. youre so saucy. i love it!

Blaze
03-07-2012, 01:45 AM
lol! by all means. you used it better than i could have ever done tho i didnt plan on using it. youre so saucy. i love it!

Little confused; are you a burlesque performer?

Winged Mermaid
03-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Wow that was AMAZING! Sexy, saucy, tasteful, epic! <3!

Alveric
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I think I need a cold shower now.

Nate Walis
03-07-2012, 06:14 PM
I think I need a cold shower now.

Leave the water running for me.

Odette
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Little confused; are you a burlesque performer?
sorry i confused you. i never planned on using the song. i though instead of" sail" it was "said". i liked how the song went with the little mermaid story in your performance.that wowed me.
im not a burlesque performer but i love how well they(you) put sexy on stage.
im sorry i confused you. i suck at words. =p

Blaze
03-08-2012, 01:23 AM
sorry i confused you. i never planned on using the song. i though instead of" sail" it was "said". i liked how the song went with the little mermaid story in your performance.that wowed me.
im not a burlesque performer but i love how well they(you) put sexy on stage.
im sorry i confused you. i suck at words. =p

LOL no worries at all. I'm easily confused these days; too many balls in the air!

Glad everyone likes it! :D

Mermaid Sirena
03-14-2012, 06:42 PM
You are a Sexy Goddess.

That was absolutely amazing and it is going in my favorites + blog right away :D