PDA

View Full Version : unversity Help

Rosie
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
hello everyone, i am going through that university choosing stage and dont know which the better university would be between Newcastle or Plymouth to study Marine biology, and which university would provide me with the best degree. Obviously it is a life changing decision so any suggestions big or small would be much appreciated,
thankyou for your time

Spindrift
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure why this is in the monofin section, but I assume both universities you've mentioned are in the UK?
If so, the university that's closest to a large body of water is probably your best bet. Just by looking at the general overview of the universities though, Newcastle seems to have a stronger marine science program than Plymouth.

malinghi
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I think you should consider how good each school will be for your profession life and for your personal life. For your professional life, it depend on things like which one gives a better education, which one focuses on the parts of marine biology you're interested in. For your personal life, how happy would you be there? Would you enjoy living there? Which do you think has people you will get along with better?

If this seems overwhelming, try listing these things, answering them, and then ranking their importance.

Nate Walis
03-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Newcastle, hands down.

Taniwha
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I haven't been to Newcastle, but I have spent time in Plymouth and it does have the National Aquarium in it which is pretty impressive. For me, I'd have a look at both of them, and as someone who studied biology at uni I'd also look into which area is going to give you the best chance to volunteer or work in science. Having work experience to back up your degree when you get it will actually give you better opportunities than just having a better degree.

Mermaid Sirena
03-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Talk to as many students who currently go there for that field as possible, I didn't do this when trying to choose my secondary education and I hate myself every day for it.