PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost to swim with dolphins?

thatotakugalaxy
07-31-2017, 11:11 PM
As a child, I LOVVEDDDD dolphins, whales and even sharks. When I was younger though, I was almost killed by a shark, making me never want to swim with them.. but I've wanted to swim with whales n dolphins!

My mother and me want to go swimming with dolphins, she's coming down to florida next year for a month due to living complications. My father works in michigan, so I live with my grandparents while she lives with my dad. I've gotten used to the 19 hour drive xD

When I got into mermaiding, I was In my 6-7th year of swim team, and My mom payed for my tail skin and I payed for the fin

(I gave my old, 4 year old tail skin to my friend for her bday since I had bought a new skin this year)

Now, 4 and a half years into my mermaid world, i've decided to start raising money to take me and my mom swimming with dolphins..

My sad thing is, i'm guessing its 800-1,000 dollars per person.. so RIP my sillicone tails budget.

Heres the info I need:

Do I have to be a certain age? Someone told me that I had to be 16 and over to swim with dolphins..

How much does a ticket cost?

WHERE in florida can one do dolphin swimming? My only idea is seaworld ^^;

Do I need to reserve months in advance? I would guess that is a yes..

The main question: Can I swim in my tail..?

If any professional mermaids or anyone who's swam with dolphins before could reply and help me, i'd be extremely greatful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marinus Mortimer
07-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Ok i cant answer all ur questions but i can say this:
The first time I swam with dolphins was with my tail out in the open ocean i was about an hour out from shore and i heard them until the swarmed around me for a little while the kept going, the second time was on vacation to Florida we went to Cocoa beach and during sunset u can see the pod (well it was sunset when i spotted them) they were coming by the shore so i swam out to greet them i didn't go far out but my perception of far from shore may not be the same as urs.
So if u dont want to spend anything you could try cpCocoa beach unless ur looking for the petting zoo experience where u get to feed them and pet them in a tank, but if ur looking for a natural and beautiful experience id suggest going the natural route but remember always safety first cause it sounds like ut not 16 so have and adult to help you out or life guard to be aware of you i always talk to the life guards before i go in the water its good for both parties AGAIN SAFETY FIRST!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thatotakugalaxy
07-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Ok i cant answer all ur questions but i can say this:
The first time I swam with dolphins was with my tail out in the open ocean i was about an hour out from shore and i heard them until the swarmed around me for a little while the kept going, the second time was on vacation to Florida we went to Cocoa beach and during sunset u can see the pod (well it was sunset when i spotted them) they were coming by the shore so i swam out to greet them i didn't go far out but my perception of far from shore may not be the same as urs.
So if u dont want to spend anything you could try cpCocoa beach unless ur looking for the petting zoo experience where u get to feed them and pet them in a tank, but if ur looking for a natural and beautiful experience id suggest going the natural route but remember always safety first cause it sounds like ut not 16 so have and adult to help you out or life guard to be aware of you i always talk to the life guards before i go in the water its good for both parties AGAIN SAFETY FIRST!

Mk! Thx ^<^ i'm not a fan of the beach sadly.. I have lots of bad experiences at beaches xD I've currently just stuck to swimming in springs, but my parents arr always busy and nobody is ever able to take me..my mother always says 'we'll get to go to springs all the time!' And we end up going once a year :/ my pool has recently banned tails, so I'm completely out of ideas on where to swim.. last time I got to swim in my tail was about.. in march, and that was because it was my birthday.

Anyway, thx! Hopefully I can try to find some ways to swim with dolphins

The mermaid Amelia has sent her regards.

Slim
08-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida. It's $229 per person if you book it 3 months in advance.

Mk! Thx ^<^ i'm not a fan of the beach sadly.. I have lots of bad experiences at beaches xD I've currently just stuck to swimming in springs, but my parents arr always busy and nobody is ever able to take me..my mother always says 'we'll get to go to springs all the time!' And we end up going once a year :/ my pool has recently banned tails, so I'm completely out of ideas on where to swim.. last time I got to swim in my tail was about.. in march, and that was because it was my birthday.

Anyway, thx! Hopefully I can try to find some ways to swim with dolphins

thatotakugalaxy
08-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Nicceeee! so I need to get about.. 600 dollars

Rebela Hunter
08-01-2017, 02:31 AM
I do not ever reccommend SeaWorld [$laveWorld] or their dolphin swim-along programs.
Their dolphins may have come from the dolphins slaughters in Taiji, Japan. Their family is slaughtered before their eyes, water turns red, then they're taken and shipped to aquariums and parks.
They may be descendants of them, but still.

They live in tiny tanks, forced to interact with people. They bite, drag, and get aggressive with some people.
To go to Discovery Cove, you sign a contract that says any injury you get from the dolphins cannot be sued for. Including your own death.
I'm not gonna tell you you're a bad person for going or anything, I'm just warning you of what has been proven !

I highly advise going the natural route, if you can!

Marinus Mortimer
08-01-2017, 02:56 AM
I do not ever reccommend SeaWorld [$laveWorld] or their dolphin swim-along programs.
Their dolphins may have come from the dolphins slaughters in Taiji, Japan. Their family is slaughtered before their eyes, water turns red, then they're taken and shipped to aquariums and parks.
They may be descendants of them, but still.

They live in tiny tanks, forced to interact with people. They bite, drag, and get aggressive with some people.
To go to Discovery Cove, you sign a contract that says any injury you get from the dolphins cannot be sued for. Including your own death.
I'm not gonna tell you you're a bad person for going or anything, I'm just warning you of what has been proven !

I highly advise going the natural route, if you can!

Thats why I rather go natural cause it bugs me that such advanced an intelligent beings are trapped in boxes its just sad.