PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to share a past event

Odette
03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
i have been reluctant to share this because its not the best work i can and have done, but it is the only one i have gotten photos of so what the heck!

1960i was invited to be part of a skit like thing called "pirates vs ninjas over mermaids" it was fun to be in front of a bunch of people in my tail. my job was to be the witty mermaid who has a fun comeback to everything the pirate and ninja argued about. getting in place was difficult.you need to be quick quick quick!i had to put on my tail on the patio behind the room and wait for the guy to pick me up and put me in front of the audience.

this was not a good idea for getting out there as a mermaid performer at all and i knew it wasnt, but i was more than happy to help out with something that unique.i had such a time with it.was it fun?yes, but you always have to think of the next move you will make.so important to always be smiling and talk loud enough for the audience to hear you (even though i had a mic).

that Jack Sparrow was really good at his job. spot on and perfect!he said my tail was the best he has ever seen and he has seen alot of tails(he is from hollywood and who wouldnt rant about that? is cool)so that made me so happy. it was very casual as you can see and doesnt give you much of an advantage to showing your skills or knowledge.everyone was very nice and alot of fun.i love those guys!lol. all in all i had fun but i wont do similar stuff anymore if i want to be taken seriously.

lasserine
03-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I hope you gave your number for Jack to try and network.

You look very confident.

AniaR
03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
your tail looks great and you look adorable

Nate Walis
03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Love the string of pearls around the end of the tail, nice touch.

Odette
03-06-2012, 11:56 PM
thank you everyone. i hope to share more in the future.just need a photographer to not be busy or cost alot.

Mermaid Momo
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM
well you were with a bunch of cosplayers and otakus and if there's one thing i know is that alot of people probably googled you when they got home. did anyone come up to talk to you once the panel was over or ask for your fb or website?
and for a photographer, i hear that college students will do it for cheap or even sometimes free. I know that my highschool has a photography club filled with members who produce beautiful photos who will be more than likely to land a few extra bucks no matter how much it is.