PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Florida!

Merluna
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi there!
Figured I should introduce myself to the community! I'm from Florida, I'm a dancer (I've studied Jazz, Tap, Ballet, and Pointe, little bit of Polynesian, and actively Belly Dancing), And I am a huge water fan (I jump in it any chance I get)! My sister and I are currently working on constructing our own swimmable tails.
Looking forward to meeting everybody!
Ciao!
Merluna

merpirate
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Ahoy! welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing what your tail looks like when it is finished!!!

merpirate
03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
opps, sorry. I forgot to say that I am from Fl too, so are several of us, with luck you will meet a lot of us

Odette
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
hey merluna,
dance is fun,huh?
how did you like pointe? ;)
good luck with your tail(s)!

Mermaid Star
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Welcome Luna! I am from Central Florida in Tampa Bay. Merpirate, who has already found you, is my boyfriend. There are several mers around here. It is a wonderful place to be a mermaid! :) See you around the forums!

mermaidondine
03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi, Merluna! Welcome to the forums! I'm constructing my first swim tail too--can't wait to see your's when its finished and in action :-D

Mermaasai
03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
oooo! Another floridian nice ^.^ SWfl here (naples bonita ft myers area)
Hope to see you around the tide pools now and again ;)

Merluna
03-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Aww Yay! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)
@ Merpirate and Star - I'm a St Pete/Clearwater being as well! :) See you guys around! ^.^

@ Mermaasai - Hurray Floridians!!! :) Will probably see you around, as that's not too far from me :)

@Odette, Oddly enough, I miss it. Although Belly is definitely my favorite. The fluidity of it makes me happy. Especially when I'm dancing with a Silk Veil... I love how those move!

@ Mermaidondine, What are you making yours out of? We're going to try to work with fabric (once we get our monofins -.-).
My sister tried posting about it but got no responses... we were thinking of using:
http://www.spandexhouse.com/pictures.php?pId=3264 or http://www.spandexhouse.com/pictures.php?pId=3519. We just weren't sure if it would hold up in water or not (for the first one, if they'd peel off or what not, or if they'd fade).
Any idea?

Demi
03-07-2012, 04:14 AM
yay welcome Merluna :D

Winged Mermaid
03-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the forum MerLuna! Wow, pointe? You must be really commited to your dancing! Good luck with your tails!

SireniaSolaris
03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Oh, I was about to ask if this was Luna of Muse Fusion? But then I saw you are in the clearwater area, so I suppose that's a Nay. :)

Welcome! I'm in Southeastern FL. Also a Bellydancer :) I'm excited - our FL pod seems to just keep growing ^_^
What kind of tail are you working on? Fabric, neoprene, latex, silicone?

Merluna
03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
@ Winged Mermaid - Thank you! I've retired my pointe shoes for bare feet so far :-p Belly Dance just feels...right, and free. Lol ^.^

@ SireniaSolaris - I saw another Luna on here as well, I feel like I should change mine up a bit. But Hurray for another fellow Belly Dancer! What style do you do?
We're working on Fabric tails to get us started. We're thinking about trying out either
http://www.spandexhouse.com/pictures.php?pId=3264 (http://www.spandexhouse.com/pictures.php?pId=3264) or http://www.spandexhouse.com/pictures.php?pId=3519. We're just not sure if they'll hold up, especially the second one. Don't want to loose any scales in that.

shimmygoddess
03-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome, I am a bellydancer too!! :)

SireniaSolaris
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I started out in egyptian, and turkish styles, but fell in love a year later when a friend introduced me to Rachel Brice :)

I dance just about any style, but tribal fusion is my favorite. There is so much freedom - your only limits are your own imagination. Like interpretive dance. I love that!

Mermaid Marla
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome Merluna! I don't post very often but had to say hi to a fellow Floridian! I'm in the Ft Myers/Cape Coral area and come up to Tampa quite often. I've been semi-working on a tail for months...not constant work on it, but still trying to make one in my spare time. I love seeing what everyone comes up with on here. We have quite a lot of talented mers here that's for sure. Hope to see your tail on here soon also!

AniaR
03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
welcome to the mernetwork!

johan
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
hello my name is johan you have a nice tail

Mermaid Sirena
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the network darling! Might I say that is a ton of different dance styles o_0 I can't imagine being able to do all of that as I can't even master one ^_^

Merluna
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
ShimmyGoddess: Yay for Belly Dancers!!! :)

SireniaSolaris: Sounds like me. Lol! I started out with Cabaret (we went back and forth between Egyptian and Turkish. etc) And then I looked more into Tribal. Rachel Brice is my Idol! I just recently helped out with the Belly Dance Super Stars show and discovered Moria. I was pretty impressed with her as well :) But yeah, Last year for Halloween my sister and I created Bastet Costumes and did a fusion piece as Bastet. :)

Mermaid Marla: I shall say Hi back then! ^.^ We're trying to decide on what type of tail now. Our process was cut back because of the monofin we wanted being unavailable. This was definitely a bad thing because now we're overthinking our tails :-p Hope to see yours up soon as well! :)

Mermaid Sirena: Thank You! It is quite a bit, eh? The funny bit is, I want to learn more styles. I haven't done the ballet, tap, jazz and Pointe for a bit. But I'm working on a light version of Irish Step now. :) the Jazz/Ballet definitely helps out a lot with that one. :)

And thanks AniaR

SireniaSolaris
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
That sounds awesome! Moria's a pretty awesome lady. One of my old instructors, Amina (Amy D.) is actually the one who introduced her to belly dance back in the day :)

If u ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend taking a class or ten with Sharon Kihara. She is an amazing human being and u get soooooo much more than just great dance knowledge at her workshops! She will next be in FL this June, along with other legends like Jill Parker at Tribal Solstice. U should check it out. :)