PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Photography Workshop

Mermaid Sirena
03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
2005 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3389413131867&set=a.2646387196683.144517.1165753630&type=1&ref=nf)

You have no idea how hard it is to type this in a coherent mannor and not in all caps.

Just so everymer knows what's going on. There aren't any details to speak of at the moment but I will certainly be posting them as they surface.

I will defiantly be attending it's far enough away that I should be able to save a little each month to be able to attend. I don't know about you but this would be a dream come true, an underwater photo-shoot with Chris Crumley is on my bucket list / 5 year mermaid plan. Any one else share my sentiments?

SweeteSiren
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
!!!!!!!!

It will undoubtedly turn out that I can't afford this, but still - how cool!

Gem Stone
03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Is there a websites can look this up at? I need to do some research before I pleas my case to my parents. Badly! I wanna go! Wait. Calming down. breathe. Ok, I'm calm. So is there any information? I mean website?

AniaR
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
any workshop with Chris involving underwater would be legendary, he is a master in his field. Not because he photographs mermaids- but because that man understands underwater

AniaR
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
also, the photographer I pose for nude does photo retreats like this, he just took a group of students to scotland. The prices always include your accommodations etc thats why they're expensive.

lasserine
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
OH WOW!

MermanMatty
03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah, Chris is amazing! When he came to the house with Eric and we did a photo shoot in Rainbow Springs it was amazing! :) He shot me as well! He's an amazing guy as well as a phenomenal photographer!

I can't wait for the workshop, I already got my passport and the tails packed for the models, Chris and Shelly are going too! :) Excited to finally meet them both! We're going with Chris Crumley, we've already got our spots so I'm all antsy about going! :))) BAHAMAS HERE I COME! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

While I'm there I'm gonna test out my new tail from Eric! :))))

I think I just pee'd a little... LOL

lasserine
03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
If I had money and my passport ready... Oh well.

Have fun all who are going.

Mermaid Sirena
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I have a passport so that's not a problem and I'm going to start putting away a little money each month to make sure I can go (it is over a year away after all). So far as I know all the available information is on that picture. Matty, Chris, Shelly, I can't wait to meet everymer!

lasserine
03-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh wait its June 2013 and not 2012. Woops.

Winged Mermaid
03-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Very exciting! Super happy for anyone who gets to go! No way I'd be able to afford that, plus I'll be busy moving in June. I think it's awesome they're doing this type of thing. It must be a hassle to put organize for sure. Matty having you and Chris on the same boat should be.. interesting. Hopefully everyone will be on their best behavior :)

I wish they would have used a different picture for the flier. When I see a tail that is that overly photoshopped it's rather off putting. I know the person editing was going for the whimsical "realistic" look, but it really takes away from the photo a lot. I mean to me it makes it look like complete photo manipulation. People who aren't familiar with those tail designs may think it was completely made on the computer and photoshopped onto the model. Just my 2¢

Odette
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM
i dont feel their photo for the event was the best. you can tell that the mermaid wasnt there originally, but i have heard and seen good photos from him so i would still go.

and winged mermaid just said that. lol we agree! ^^

Gem Stone
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
i didn't notice the photoshopping cause i was so excited bout the information on the pic

Mermaid Jewel
03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
OMG I'd LOVE to go! But I can tell you already, I'll get a lot of "We can do that" or "You can do that!" considering I reside in a family of photographers and cameras. Sigh...I'd love to though! Underwater mer shoot is definitely on the top of my bucket list

ScheherazOdd
03-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Rock on! And this is actually near where I live, I might actually afford to go...

I agree about the photo used in the flier. That thing has been shopped like crazy; not only is it obvious that the model was dropped onto the background, but what lunatic trimmed her legs? They look about the size of one of her arms.

SireniaSolaris
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Oooo. Will start saving for this. This should be amazing! :D

Sea Pearl
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
How cool! It looks like it would be very exciting!

NatalieMermaid
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I do want more information when It comes avail!

Mermaid Momo
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
ffffff. i'm going to japan this june. so i'm gonna blow all of my money there. :( maybe by then i'll have made a more money. an my parents keep talking about a return trip to the bahamas so i might be able to convince them.

Mermaid Dottie
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
my baby will be less than a year old, I don't think its in the cards for me. Sounds Life-changing though.

Mermaid Annariea
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
just found this thread.
does anyone know more information???

Lyna
07-10-2012, 02:22 AM
i dont see a price on this. totally gonna set aside a fundage box...if i know what im saving to...anyone have that info they can send me? thanks

Mermaid Sirena
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
There is no new information as of yet available, I emailed Chris once asking if anything had changed or if there was any new information but never heard back. So I'm assuming that things are still in the tentative planning strange and thus we wont have any more information until closer to the date.

*Celine*
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm definitely going to try saving up for this!!!!!! It's like the other end of the world for me but hey, a mermaid's gotta do what a mermaid' gotta do!!!

Nixen Nicole
08-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I am, I already told Malena to keep me updated but as you get info keep it rolling this way : D