PDA

View Full Version : Really Happy, Wanna Share

AniaR
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
A bunch of good things are happening for me and I just wanted to share! I just found out I'm on the Deans list for my degree- it's so exciting. I got all A+'s in my two year degree, not as easy thing to do. My degree was very practically based, not a study and do well on tests but an actual put your money where your mouth is kinda deal. I got nominated for an award which if I win I'll get a little cash prize which'll help with student loan debt.

I'm so happy with my new tail it's hard to not just grin 24/7. Some people here in this community donated a bit of money and a lot of people helped by sharing my fundraising efforts in the summer. So I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for supporting my mermaid dream and helping me get where I am. I wake up constantly just feeling so overwhelmed with thankfulness. I'm such a dope, I cry about it haha. This community is just so wonderful to me. I really hope I can help others the way I feel helped. Im so thankful for Raven too.

So, that stuff is going well, I'm booking mermaid stuff and I have a HUGE thing happening in the fall that I cant share yet, but'll be huge. I also am having my mermaid image on the cover of our "hot summer guide". It's part of a seriously popular paper where I am, and it'll be printed constantly from May for locals and tourists. The pic is me in my old tail with the blonde hair, haha but it's still really cool. In that same month I graduate and get my teaching license (we have basically the highest standards for teaching in the world, I did 8 years of university, but I can teach anywhere on Earth now!) and I'll be spending my summer as the mermaid.

I'm running the musical at my school right now, it's so much fun. Funny story, I almost sent out a letter to parents today that asked for volunteers for "Willy Wanker and the Chocolate Factory" LOL. Yeah, glad someone checked that for me.

I'm going to Florida in a few days, I get to spend time with my mer family that have helped me get where I am, I get to enjoy the sun, and explore places I've only dreamed about! I envy you Florida mers and the amazing things you get to see everyday!

There have been hard things too, health as usual is annoying, but I gotta say, so many amazing things just keep happening... I feel like this kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

So what are you happy and thankful about!?

Odette
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
the deans list?! thats wonderful!!
it looks like everything is falling in place and its all because your a hard worker. great job,Raina. =)

Artisankatie
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm so happy you're happy, Raina! That's an amazing achievement - maybe you could test out this theory of being able to teach anywhere on Earth by coming to Melbourne sometime :P
Happiness is infectious!

Alveric
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Woot!

Mermaid Lorelei
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Congratulations Raina!

green52
03-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Wow. Did you find a genie? That is a crazy awesome list of things to be happening.

Mermaid Sirena
03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations on all the wonderful things :) Can't wait to see what the announcement will be when the time comes!

So what are you happy and thankful about!?
I'll jump on the good things boat :) I'm really happy because after two years of not being able to do anything my boo has gotten himself into College for Culinary and is moving forward and taking large leaps and bounds towards improving himself and his situation :)

SireniaSolaris
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
:)