PDA

View Full Version : Meet Up Maybe?

Sea Pearl
03-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Would anyone be interested in maybe having a met up for those around the Denver area in the future? :)

Mermaid Dottie
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I wish we were closer together, but maybe if I can get up the money my mertender and I could come out after the baby's born sometime (before it gets too cold!).

Sitre Seer Moroaica
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I would love to have a meet up :D If anything is securely planned please let me know :3

Sea Pearl
04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Defiantly will let everyone know! It's just actually getting around to trying to organize something that would be convenient for everyone. Any ideas would be great!

Anya
05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I think a meetup would be great! We do seem a little spread out, but hopefully we can find somewhere that is relatively middle ground.
Where does everyone live who is interested and how far would they be willing to go?

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree! Denver Mers are just separated which SUCKS. But I always wanted a Mermeet up at the Denver Aquarium :3 That place is just too much fun :P But in case no one has money because it's all pretty tight I always wanted to try a slumber party with Mermaids lol Anya I live in Thornton which is about 30 minutes from Denver pending on traffic. I'd be willing to travel far if I had a ride or if someone would want to hitch a ride with me. Since I'm only on my Permit I can drive but I have to have someone 21+ with a license in the car with me. Other then that where in Colorado would would be great I have no idea >.<

malinghi
05-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Vinobia, have you considered contacting Jerilyn from Aquatails? She lives in Colorado Springs.

Sea Pearl
05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
A meet up at the Denver Aquarium would be fun! I love that place. I honestly don't mind the traveling anywhere around the Denver, Thornton, Lakewood area. Even Colorado Springs would be fine too.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-10-2012, 03:15 AM
I have not contacted Jerilyn and I really dont know how on that lol but I have talked to some of the Mermaids at the Aquarium though about doing some meet ups and all :3

And I agree Sea Pearl that place is just a freaking blast for us Mermaids not to go :P I've always wanted to Dive with the Sharks there. I wonder if they would let me do it in my tail. :thinks:

Also Sea if you'd like you can hitch a ride with me and I can drive us where our meeting is. :)

Anya
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I would LOVE to go to the aquarium! I can't recall the last time I was there and it was defi itely before the mermaids!

I'll be up in Fort Collins starting mid-August, so if we can hold off until then, or just be williing to go again with me (one can never have too many mer meet-ups) that'd be lovely!

Sea Pearl
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I defiantly wouldn't mind going to the Aquarium again. I went there last month for my birthday but I don't think you could you can ever go there too much:) August sounds good to me! When the time gets closer we'll have to try and work out a good day to go.

Vinobia, that would be great if you didn't mind coming to lakewood!:)

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Definitely August is good for me as well unless we can all make some monthly meet up deal :P That would be even more awesome :D

And Sea Pearl I'm only on my Permit so I cant drive by myself all the way down there D: Maybe if someone is closer they can head on over to me early and then that way I'd be able to drive down to you. :)

When a day is set well must work something out :)

Sea Pearl
05-12-2012, 01:34 PM
It would be cool if we could find somewhere where we could go swimming in our tails...not sure where though. Just another idea:)

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Well for Mermaid Parties we have a hotel pool that we are allowed to swim in and I swim in the Thornton rec on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays but I'm their first Mermaid so I have no idea if they'd allow another one. I'm definitely looking for an outdoor pool as well. Maybe someone could call Thornton Rec (Not me, sorry) and ask? Or I could call an outdoor pool and see if they'd allow a pack of Mermaids XD

Sea Pearl
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
You live in Lakewood. That's cool:)

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I think we need a Mermaid car pool :3

midwesternmermaid
05-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Denver could be do-able for me. I'd be heading up from NE Kansas if there's need to carpool.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I think we should totally set one up :D

Sea Pearl
05-29-2012, 08:15 PM
That might actually be a good idea.

Sea Pearl
06-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Just had a thought of somewhere else...maybe not for a first meet up because the Aquarium idea does sound good :) But what about somewhere like Water World in Thornton?

Evangeline
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Totally missed out on this... (new to the site) but... OMG! I would love to meet up with the Colorado Mers... Waterworld would be great, but how much does it cost??

Sea Pearl
06-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I just checked up on the Water World site and a general admission all day pass from 10am-6pm is like $39.99 and a mid day pass from 1:45-6pm is $24.99. Kind of little on the expensive side. But still an idea :) And it's about $16.00 to get into the Aquarium I think.

Evangeline
06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Ah, hm... Yea, for the people who might not be able to afford that, wont be able to go to the meet up

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Or the sun D: I cant stand the sun and no one can stand me in the sun lol But I wouldnt mind going swimming/aquarium/movie which ever just lets get something planned :P I'm so excited :D

Sea Pearl
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm still looking from local places, somewhere where it's not too far away for everyone to travel, where they might allow people in their tails to swim. @Vinobia: a movie could be a fun idea. Wish they had some mermaid movies coming out soon. Though they are meant to be remaking the original Little Mermaid next year :)

malinghi
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM
The last time I met up with some people, we swam in the pool at the apartment complex where one of the people I was hanging out with lived. I think most apartment complexes are pretty lax about the pool rules.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Most. I have a photoshoot as a Condo pool and they will allow me for the shoot but once people start showing up I have to get out >.< But I think a movie would so be awesome :3 and I agree I really wish new Mer-Movies would come out :(

But I think a community pool/movie would be pretty awesome for a start. Nothing too big since we are all meeting each other. I can also drive now (Got my license the 13th) and can fit 5 people in my car ;)

Sea Pearl
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Congratulations on getting your licene, Vinobia :) I know the pool at my apartment complex allows mermaid tails. They have two pools, one for just adults that hardly anyone ever goes in and the other is where little kids are allowed and tennagers seem to hang out. Though I'm not sure how many people they would allow in the pool with tails on at the same time.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-20-2012, 11:38 AM
You should totally ask :D

Sea Pearl
06-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I will do! After the next few weeks I'm pretty much open to whenever anyone wants to organize a meet up :) Anyone know a month that might work best for everyone? Anya was talking about August in one of the posts further up since that is when she is coming back to Colorado.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
06-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Ok, I can't contain myself anymore... every time I see this thread's title I mentally flash to an image Carly Rae Jepsen in a mermaid tail singing "Meet Up Maybe" instead of "Call Me Maybe"

Sea Pearl
08-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Don't know if it's still too early to ask yet but any rough ideas concerning dates when we could try to organize a meet up? And who would still be interested in coming? I still think the aquarium would be a neat idea.

Merman_Shawn
08-19-2012, 11:19 AM
You guys are running out of Summer, real fast. Set a date, and a location, and just do it! You won't regret it. Mer-friend meet ups are truly the best! If I was in state atm, I would host this at one the many reservoirs. They offer beaches, picnic areas, rental boats and a slew of other aquatic activities. How about Cherry Creek Reservoir?

Sitre Seer Moroaica
08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Police and everyone are trying to find a body at CC Reservoir at the moment :3 but honestly I have WAY too much on my plate right now to set up a date :/ but I dont think we all need Summer to hang out :3 There is always Fall ;)

MermaidBrandie
09-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I would LOVE a mermaid meetup. I'm a furry too and go to a lot of furmeets, but I would love to hang with some mers

mermaidsoph
09-15-2013, 11:59 AM
That would be great! I would totally love to meet up still.

mermaidsoph
09-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Theres some mermaid masquerade party tomorrow is anyone going?

lamplighter
01-10-2014, 11:06 PM
that water at cherry creek is pristine. and easy beach access. I would love to see something there in 14 myself. I am a new merman and would love to meet other mermaids mermen. I am ordering a tail next week. have been listening to other people and reading the post on different tail makers.

Thalassa
01-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Where is Cherry Creek?

Meemerdd
01-12-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm only like, a state away. XD Right on the border actually, well, pretty close. But the 4 hour drive to Denver to see all you guys sounds standable. Now all I need is a driver's license, and fix my car, finish my tail.... Uhh, simple stuff like that.
Oh! Maybe we could put together some annual one in July or August! Except for the tourists, I think it would be the best time.
I might be moving to Colorado for college, but I also might be going to some other state no where near you guys!

lamplighter
01-12-2014, 05:36 AM
We just need to talk this up maybe we can get a meet. Even let Mers from neighboring state know about this. Cherry creek has r.v. park and beautiful facility's withdrawn clear water. What more can u ask for

MermaidBrandie
01-17-2014, 12:06 PM
I like the sound of an annual summer meet for the mers further out. But I think a meet in the summer would be best overall. :)

MagickalDJ
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
I think a meet would be wonderful! Though I don't have my tail yet ( ;A;) But it would be fun to meet the fellow local fish! Then we could maybe schedule a meet up at the Renaissance Fair!! :D

lamplighter
01-29-2014, 10:57 PM
this sounds great. thanks for a positive comment.

Sea Pearl
04-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Let's get something sorted. Where would be a good place to meet-up for everyone in the area?

lamplighter
04-04-2014, 08:20 PM
coyotewalker has set a date and place for us to meet. we just need to wake up more people.

Sea Pearl
04-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Wonderful :) I cannot wait to meet more Colorado mers.

EnidDarkWater
04-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I didn't see a date and time for the 2014 meet up

Sea Pearl
04-11-2014, 03:54 AM
I cannot remember seeing one either EnidDarkWater. Maybe I just scrolled past it. If there isn't one we should set up another date.

Thalassa
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I think a few of us said we couldn't make it to this one if it was in Colorado. That may be why you're not getting as much response.

Sea Pearl
04-11-2014, 01:34 PM
I understand that! Unfortunately, we are just so spread out here in the desert.

Thalassa
04-11-2014, 06:39 PM
I know, right?! *sob* Honestly, though, I think that's the major factor in our pod not being more active. It's so time consuming and difficult to get everyone in one place! :-(

Sea Pearl
04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah :( I would have to agree that being one of the main issues with the pod.

lamplighter
04-12-2014, 05:32 PM
for Colorado mers and mers wanting to visit Colorado. please join we are working on a get togeather in july. put your two cents in. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407021819566848/

Sea Pearl
04-14-2014, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the link lamplighter!

Frecklefish
05-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Personally I'm planning a trip to the Aquarium to sweet talk someone into letting me get an up-close look at their mernation tails because I'm thinking of buying one. I want to know the ins and outs of the tail as it were. Kailani let me oogle her merbellas tail all over when i met her in January and I'm hoping to get the same kind of in depth Q & A with someone at the aquarium who wears the tails.

As for availability I'm usually free a couple weekdays and late Saturdays and Sundays, My work schedule doesn't change much, but my wedding planning fiasco does.

Anybody else want to tag along and or meet up at the Aquarium Bar for a drink? I don't have a date in mind, but anyone else looking at getting a Mernation tail could probably get some questions answered.

I don't have a time set aside for this yet, maybe the 24th or something?

Sea Pearl
07-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Did you go to the Aquarium and find out some stuff on mernations tails?
Merbellas tails are gorgeous! I would love to have one someday. So far my availability is open right now if you wanted to try and have a meetup?

MermaidBrandie
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Ack! I got promoted and work nights now! It's thrown my schedule way off. o.o HOWEVER the meet can still happen this saturday! It's either gonna be at the Cherry Creek Reservoir OR the Golden Community Center. Say around 11?

MermaidBrandie
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/352545781552890/ There's a link to the event.

MermaidBrandie
07-11-2014, 05:49 PM
THERE IS A MEETUP TOMORROW (SATURDAYJULY 12) AT THE CHERRY CREEK RESERVOIR AT 11 AM!!!

Friends and family welcome! Tails or no tails, lets all hang out!

Sea Pearl
07-11-2014, 07:41 PM
I would love to but unfortunately I have to work this weekend. I hope you have a great time and would love to come some other time when my schedule is not as hectic :)

MermaidBrandie
07-12-2014, 12:04 PM
I can understand that. Right now it doesn't look like theres going to be a lot of people. I'm gonna go and see tho. I might set up another meet at an indoor place in the fall. :)

MermaidBrandie
07-30-2014, 01:39 AM
I will be swimming at the Golden Community Center in Golden CO at 11am Sunday morning. If anyone would like to join me with tails I would be thrilled to have some other mermaids flopping about. :)

Mermaid Morgann
08-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Anyone looking to come to Salt Lake Comic Con this year should definitely stop by and visit Siren Tide's booth! You can come see me (and possibly some of the other mers) in our tails there. It will be September 4-6. c:

Karibug
09-11-2014, 10:08 PM
yes denver would be great!