PDA

View Full Version : Northern Hemisphere: Beginning to thaw!

Mermaid Photine
03-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Things are just starting to get warmer! What are your merfolksy plans for this year?

I hope to make myself and a good friend painted tails and swim with them- hers loosely based upon a parrotfish and mine of my own design. I am making my friend's first because her birthday will be coming up. I'm doing some research about natural swimming places (read: non-chlorinated and outdoors.) I've heard about a nice quarry somewhere in my area that people can swim in, but I am not entirely sure if they allow fins, let alone a whole tail. I also want to start researching the ocean. Next year will be my senior year. Most of the student population goes out to the beach to do questionable and unadvisable things during "Senior Week" in the summer, but I would love to go to the ocean and swim in a tail. Despite living relatively close, I have never actually been to the ocean, though I did spend about a week repairing a camp on the edge of lake Michigan. It was beautiful. I walked along the beach every chance I got. It was March, but I was (am) stubborn and went into the water as deep as I could stand. My toes were so numb! I can hardly imagine how amazing it would be to swim in salt water with waves and warmth. *daydreams...*

Nyx
03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh gosh, don't speak of warm waters. Where I live it's getting warmer and warmer, and I'm dying to go swimming but pools don't open until may. > ^<

But until then, I'm working on making my first tail! Or at least I'm going to ...
And a few other friends of mine are doing the same, best part is that the majority of us are neighbors \( o uo)/
I can't wait until summer starts, I'm not leaving the water until I become a living prune!

And could you pretty please posts pictures of the tails? They sound very interesting :>

Mermaid Photine
03-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I will, once I make them! xD I am a horrid procrastinator. I, too, cannot wait until pools open. There's an indoor pool by me, but I don't belong to it and going there is bloody expensive. I only went once to test out the monofin I made. I suffer from swimming withdrawal.

I want to see pictures of your tail, too!

New York Mermaid
03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
here in the big city (nyc) its going to be 70 HOLY CHEESE, I cant wait for that..might skip work and hit the ocean, though the waters cold still.

Nyx
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I will, once I make them! xD I am a horrid procrastinator.

Oh gosh so am I XD. I have a pool near my house, but it's tiny and always full of people D:
And I will :>

Wait you made a monofin awesomeeee

Maple
03-15-2012, 01:54 AM
The moment it is warm enough to swim in the ocean here in BC, I am going to be in it and never, ever getting out <3

Manfred
04-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Though they might be more expensive and not as shimmery, those otter bay mermaid suits sure look appealing this time of year!

Ayla of Duluth
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
It's gonna be 60 degrees here in Duluth tomorrow, but sadly the lake stays cold through most of the year. There's only a few days I know of where it's warm enough for me to be able to go swimming.

Bellasea
04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
If we get warm weather for the next week, I am soooo spending the weekend qwerty the lake! It won't be warm, but it will be bearable.

Also- pandorah what camp were you at?