PDA

View Full Version : Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Pages : [1] 2

Mermaid Summerlilly
10-29-2017, 02:54 PM
(If there's already a thread about this, feel free to remove this one, but I searched for a while and there doesn't seem to be one...)

SOOOOO THIS IS A THING

HELLO

I've been searching for a new fabric tail for a while at this point, and as I was telling myself to just buy another Mermaid Kat tail, THIS POPS UP IN MY INSTAGRAM FEED?! I can't wait to see how much these go for! Anyone else?

Mermaid_Izzy
10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Same here. I’ve heard about this coming out for a while. I am excited that they are going to be neoprene and I’d love to invest in one.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

mermaidchirp
10-29-2017, 07:31 PM
They do look gorgeous!

I really hope theyre affordable, need to look at upgrading from my Fin Funs!

Mermaid_Izzy
10-29-2017, 08:17 PM
I’m counting down the days to Black Friday!

Mermaid Kane
10-29-2017, 08:56 PM
This is super cool. I want one so bad?? xD

MermaidLiara
10-30-2017, 06:27 AM
I am SO excited for the fabric tail release. I could not afford a Mythic, but I am definitely getting one of these. They are SO pretty and did you guys see those big a$$ flukes???

Did you guys see the short video of the orange-ish fabric tail on Finfolk's instagram? With the lotus fluke? It's my favorite so far!!! Definitely gonna get a Lotus fluke.

Mermaid Kane
10-30-2017, 10:01 AM
When are these coming out jdgvwhw?

MermaidLiara
10-30-2017, 10:12 AM
When are these coming out jdgvwhw?NOT CONFIRMED but probably black friday. :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

AniaR
10-30-2017, 10:13 AM
they posted how many days I thought on the post. Looks great!

Mermaid_Izzy
10-30-2017, 12:37 PM
NOT CONFIRMED but probably black friday. [emoji4]

I’m pretty sure they said Black Friday

Mermaid Kane
10-30-2017, 12:42 PM
I’m pretty sure they said Black Friday

I just found the post, and yup! Black Friday.

Saelyyia
10-30-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to these launching. The prints are just stunning and I am very happy to see the girls stepping up to fill a spot in the industry that hasn't really been filled in quite this way. It is all very exciting.

Mermaid Lazuli
10-30-2017, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure in the video you can see a blended waist! I've never been very interested in Finfolk Tails (absolutely nothing against them, just not my personal taste!) but I am very interested in these!

Mermaid Kane
10-30-2017, 02:13 PM
I cannot find the video, could someone link me? :I

Mermaid Whisper
10-30-2017, 02:25 PM
I’ve only seen the one video on their public Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FinfolkProductions/videos/904204133076859/

The scales are gorgeously lifelike, I must say. But I enjoy how inexpensive and flexible my FinFun tails are; I don’t feel too bad about customizing a $60 skin :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Lazuli
10-30-2017, 02:29 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BawoPy5n-GR/?hl=en&taken-by=finfolkproductions

Here is the video! Same as the one on Facebook, but the cropping is a little different, I think.

Here is where I think you can see a blended waist. This image is from the very beginning of the video, where the top/waist area of the tail is being shown.

Mermaid Kane
10-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Here is where I think you can see a blended waist. This image is from the very beginning of the video, where the top/waist area of the tail is being shown.
]

I hope they have blending options for people of color....

Saelyyia
10-30-2017, 02:31 PM
What is I find most interesting about these tails is they have mentioned that they can be fitted to many different types of monofins and that they are in the works with a company to be able to supply different monofins for the different fabric tails/fluke options. I try not to list specifics because i will admit I get a little lost in my own head concerning what I learn in their Pod Squad group and what they have shared with the general public and I don't wish to break any confidences associated with the Pod Squad.

Mermaid Whisper
10-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Oh! Thank you, Lazuli! I missed that image. Looks lovely!

Mermaid Lazuli
10-30-2017, 02:33 PM
I was wondering about that too. I really hope so. That waist looks pretty light beige. Definitely would not work for someone with a deeper skin tone... All merfolk deserve tail options that work for them.

Khaleesi Daenerys
10-30-2017, 03:06 PM
I love the look of these I wonder how much they are going to cost. :money::thumbs up:

Mermaid Aria
10-30-2017, 04:51 PM
So its not exactly a blended waist it just looks like that because on this tail because of the orange color its starts on. Its actually how the sculpt of their silicone tails starts. I don't have a close enough photo but when I wore Iona's silicone tail that doesn't have a blended waist it had the same details only it was blue

Sent from my LG-H872 using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Sonnet
10-30-2017, 09:38 PM
I’m really really really interested in these too as a lot of what I do is land work. I have their mythic tail but bc I’m doing a lot of land work, I am constantly reattaching scales. It’s a pain. Think anyone here would be interested in my mythic so I can get one of these instead!? I have the pink one.

Mermaid Momo
10-30-2017, 09:39 PM
I want one! But if it's anything like the mythic release it'll be near impossible for ppl not in the pod squad to get one before they sell out.

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Aria
10-30-2017, 10:00 PM
I want one! But if it's anything like the mythic release it'll be near impossible for ppl not in the pod squad to get one before they sell out.

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)
They were talking about doing a separate sale for the Pod that's not black Friday. Not sure if its confirmed but it has been discussed.

Sent from my LG-H872 using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Lazuli
10-31-2017, 12:11 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba5Ka-THu7w/?taken-by=finfolkproductions

Yeah, looking at this image, you're definitely right, Aria! The waist is just the base color. It is a somewhat smoother transition than just immediately scales to skin. :)

MermaidLiara
10-31-2017, 04:34 AM
I am SO excited for these. I've also heard we can pick any fluke (Lotus, Loreena or Sea Nymph) for the available colors. Definitely gonna pick a Lotus. Colorwise I want either red, deepblue, black, teal, red/gold, black/red or the one that you guys were debating whether it had a blended waist.

I'm gonna buy a skin only so it's affordable (I hope), and figure out the monofin later.

Ransom
10-31-2017, 05:27 AM
Amazing, I hope they'll work with my freediving fin. Be great to have close to the realism and power of silicone, and the convenience of fabric @_@

merman caspian
10-31-2017, 05:29 AM
They were talking about doing a separate sale for the Pod that's not black Friday. Not sure if its confirmed but it has been discussed.

I think that's something being discussed. I would participate in the Pod Squad only sale (if the girls decide to do it of course) but the week they're looking at will be crazy for me at my job

Merman Caspian

MermaidLiara
10-31-2017, 08:14 AM
Amazing, I hope they'll work with my freediving fin. Be great to have close to the realism and power of silicone, and the convenience of fabric @_@

What kind of fin do you have? :)

Ransom
10-31-2017, 08:20 AM
What kind of fin do you have? :)
I've a Waterway Nemo Wing, which I use in freediving :) You can read the review here - https://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?13104-Nemo-Wing-Monofin-Review

MermaidLiara
10-31-2017, 09:17 AM
I've a Waterway Nemo Wing, which I use in freediving :) You can read the review here - https://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?13104-Nemo-Wing-Monofin-Review

That's a competitor. Finfolk said that competitors will PROBABLY need to be cut in order to fit. But nothing is certain yet.

I'm in the same boat as you though, my competitor is the only tail-less monofin I currently have and I'm really hoping it will fit in the lotus fluke (the lotus is my favorite and seemingly the biggest). I cannot afford a new monofin. I also have a hydra monofin which would certainly fit, but I cannot take it out of my tailskin (no zipper etc).

Sevryn
10-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaat?!

Sent from my SM-S975L using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Kane
10-31-2017, 11:11 AM
@_@ I really hope these are a reasonable price. *Loud teenager whining*.

Khaleesi Daenerys
10-31-2017, 12:22 PM
How do you like your waterway? Thanks for sharing the review. :) The tail I ordered is going to have a waterway model 2 in it, so I've been wondering if anyone on here uses waterway I mostly see people talking about finis.

@_@ I really hope these are a reasonable price. *Loud teenager whining*.
I hope so too. I also hope they don't sell out within the first five minutes lol XD

Ransom
10-31-2017, 01:21 PM
How do you like your waterway? Thanks for sharing the review. :) The tail I ordered is going to have a waterway model 2 in it, so I've been wondering if anyone on here uses waterway I mostly see people talking about finis.

I hope so too. I also hope they don't sell out within the first five minutes lol XD
Haha I wish I could give you a good answer, but there wasn't enough time to hone my technique before life... got in the way. As a result, I don't think I got the most out of it.

That said, I love the design of the footpockets. They're too big for me barefoot, but neoprene socks solve the problem and as a result, they're comfortable enough to swim for hours. I'm not gonna be winning any competitions, but they're great for training and getting your dolphin (and mermaid) kick right :)

Any other waterway owners can help? Thanks!

AniaR
10-31-2017, 02:11 PM
they've posted in podsquad. if you're a podsquad member you can get exclusive details and be able to order first. There's new info but I'm not sure if it's OK to post here haha since insider knowledge is a perk of the group

Khaleesi Daenerys
10-31-2017, 02:46 PM
I didn't realize it was a one time fee :shame:

Mermaid Alea
10-31-2017, 10:01 PM
Just wanted to say that these tails rose my spirits out of the abyss when I saw them on Finfolk's Instagram. I can't wait to see how much they will be. It would be wonderful if I could buy one for my friend - she doesn't have a tail yet and the pizza place she works for is closing so she will soon be out of a job. She will probably want the black and silver one and I definitely want the blue/green one.

Also - is anyone considering getting one and then customizing it a little by painting on the tail? I can see a lot of dream silicone tail designs coming true with just a little paint.

mermaidchirp
10-31-2017, 10:09 PM
I told myself I wouldn't buy a podsquad membership because I thought it was silly...

I've just become $35 poorer.

Oh goodness me... :p

Mermaid_Izzy
10-31-2017, 10:10 PM
I told myself I wouldn't buy a podsquad membership because I thought it was silly...

I've just become $35 poorer.

Oh goodness me... :p

If I had more money on the bank at the moment, I would be too. And I said the same thing.

mermaidchirp
10-31-2017, 10:14 PM
If I had more money on the bank at the moment, I would be too. And I said the same thing.

I seriously hope I'm not disappointed though... but gosh with these fabric tails, I lost my self control

Mermaid_Izzy
10-31-2017, 10:16 PM
I seriously hope I'm not disappointed though... but gosh with these fabric tails, I lost my self control

I hope so too! And I understand. I am dying to know more!

moomer
11-01-2017, 03:42 AM
I got really excited to see these too!!
I won't be getting one for a while, as I've fallen pregnant, and won't fit a tail when they come to shipping.
Also, I want to wait to see how they go. Teething problems tend to arise, like with the mythics. I'm also curious how they withstand a good amount of swimming. How much will they fade, stretch etc.
But I'm super excited for went I can get one! The customisation should be available by May [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jake
11-01-2017, 06:36 PM
If I didn’t have a silicone tail around the corner, I’d definitely be ordering one of these.

Mermaid Lazuli
11-02-2017, 02:16 AM
The (not OFFICIALLY confirmed?) word on Instagram is they're $355 (plus tax) and these are (at least some of) the colors!

https://instagram.com/p/Ba9x9wahnre/

Mermaid Kane
11-02-2017, 11:29 AM
The (not OFFICIALLY confirmed?) word on Instagram is they're $355 (plus tax) and these are (at least some of) the colors!

https://instagram.com/p/Ba9x9wahnre/

Ouch, maybe I won't be getting one. I was hoping they'd be in the $200s.

Mary Marine
11-02-2017, 11:40 AM
The premade neoprene tails I've been looking at tend to run between $200 (on sale) and $450, so $335 sounds about right. I'm curious how much more it would be with a monofin, which Finis is used, etc. Might have to join the pod squad!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Neerai
11-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I want one of this bad girls with meeeeee!!! (time to save money!!)

Mermaid_Auquita_123
11-04-2017, 06:47 PM
This is super cool. I want one so bad?? xD

I want the purple and pink one https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171104/6d364502404e2accb06107e5e48c64d0.jpg

Mermaid_Auquita_123
11-04-2017, 07:16 PM
I’m counting down the days to Black Friday!

I might have to wait until After Christmas but hopefully I get it on Black Friday

Mermaid_Auquita_123
11-04-2017, 07:28 PM
I’m so excited I hope to happen have enough money to buy one on Black Friday the purple and pink one

user76213849809
11-06-2017, 06:20 AM
it's beautiful but what monofin can be used with it?

Mermaid_Auquita_123
11-06-2017, 06:26 AM

I can’t buy it right now or at least until my knee when I had knee surgery I need lots of rest but I’m gonna buy me a laptop

Mermaid_Izzy
11-06-2017, 07:20 AM

I’m not sure if they specified, but they did say you’d be able to switch them out to fit your preferences.

Mer Coralia
11-06-2017, 07:36 PM
They'll have a list of ones that work with the fabric tails (that they've tested), which will consist mostly of Finis fins that you will be able to also order through their website for convenience. I think they'll even try to test the Mahina as well since it was requested/asked.

Sevryn
11-06-2017, 07:41 PM
As long as they fit the Hydra I'll be fine. I love my silicone tail but it's so nice to just throw on a fabric tail and a COMFY monofin and just go. Lol

Sent from my SM-S975L using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Merman Jon
11-07-2017, 09:18 AM
I am definitely planning to get one.

Mermaid Summerlilly
11-07-2017, 04:47 PM
THEY POSTED THE DESIGNS MMM THAT GREY ONE I'M ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE

Mermaid Kane
11-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Wow, the designs are p great!

I wonder how much drag though flukes will be... hmmm.

TybeeMermaid
11-08-2017, 05:25 PM
I really hope the Mahina will work with them or else I'm gonna have to dig to find a good bargain on a wave. (curse my tiny feet!)

Mermaid Summerlilly
11-08-2017, 06:28 PM
I commented on the picture asking about the Hydra, and they said they aren't familiar with it, but they're posting measurements of the monofin casing so we can compare it, which is awesome. (ALSO I KNOW THIS IS A MUNDANE AND SMALL FACE BUT LIKE FINFOLK PRODUCTIONS SAW AND REPLIED TO MY COMMENT HOLY CARP WHAT THE HECK ITS LIKE WHEN A CELEBRITY NOTICES YOU OR SOMETHING I AM IN AWE) ok rant over

Mermaid Fenicia
11-09-2017, 03:34 AM
If a Rapid will fit, then a Hydra will as well, some about the Wave/Hydra ;)

Mermaid Alea
11-09-2017, 11:41 PM
The premade neoprene tails I've been looking at tend to run between $200 (on sale) and $450, so $335 sounds about right. I'm curious how much more it would be with a monofin, which Finis is used, etc. Might have to join the pod squad!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

As Mermaid Kane said I was kinda hoping it would be in the $200's but I am really glad you posted what the neoprene tail price range is. Given the type of fabric, the cost of getting a custom print on neoprene, and the monofin casing that is included (which I am sure will not only keep the fluke shape but also perhaps prevent you from seeing your monofin's lines) it does make sense that it would be this price.

Does anyone know how thick this neoprene is? I am guessing it is 2mm or 3mm.

I want one, but I figure the next round they create will be even more beautiful and any issues will be worked out. So perhaps I will hold out for summer 2018...Perhaps...I dunno.

Mermaid Kane
11-09-2017, 11:59 PM
It's a reasonable price for the product for sure.

Mer Coralia
11-10-2017, 05:38 AM
As Mermaid Kane said I was kinda hoping it would be in the $200's but I am really glad you posted what the neoprene tail price range is. Given the type of fabric, the cost of getting a custom print on neoprene, and the monofin casing that is included (which I am sure will not only keep the fluke shape but also perhaps prevent you from seeing your monofin's lines) it does make sense that it would be this price.

Does anyone know how thick this neoprene is? I am guessing it is 2mm or 3mm.

I want one, but I figure the next round they create will be even more beautiful and any issues will be worked out. So perhaps I will hold out for summer 2018...Perhaps...I dunno.

It's 1mm thick. The current "end" goal with the fabric line is to allow you to pick the color and fluke style you want. Customization was asked, it's being looked into I think. More flukes will be added. I'm sure colors may be extended as well.

They are priced reasonably in my opinion as well but if you didn't have an idea about neoprene, then you may think its outrageous. It definitely helps to have an idea of what the material is like. I'm curious how they'd go over in China where they've having all the copyright issues though.

Mermaid Alea
11-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Awesome! So I changed my mind...I think I will in fact buy one of these tails once they are released. I got to thinking about it...Life is short, this year has been rough, might as well treat myself. Hopefully the color I want won't get sold out lol.

Mer Coralia
11-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Awesome! So I changed my mind...I think I will in fact buy one of these tails once they are released. I got to thinking about it...Life is short, this year has been rough, might as well treat myself. Hopefully the color I want won't get sold out lol.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13jJIY0llDdip2/giphy.gif

Hopefully that works. I keep debating it. Which one were you leaning towards? My favorite it the blue Lorena.

Mermaid Alea
11-10-2017, 11:11 PM
I'm probably going to get the bright green/blue one but once I get it my plan is to paint some extra designs on it. I just made a mood board for what I am thinking and I did some concept art, but I won't know for sure what direction I want to take until I have the actual tail in front of me.

The blue Lorena is definitely beautiful. I think the amount of contrast it has makes it one of the best in the lineup.

TybeeMermaid
11-11-2017, 11:01 PM
I've been thinking a lot about whether or not the mahina would fit in these new tails so I went into photoshop to see if I could guesstimate it.

Since Finfolk confirmed that the foil would fit, I used a photo I found of the mahina and foil being compared and guesstimated based off of that. I have no idea if it'll actually fit but after doing this, I really hope it does!

Mermaid Kane
11-11-2017, 11:50 PM
I've been thinking a lot about whether or not the mahina would fit in these new tails so I went into photoshop to see if I could guesstimate it.

Since Finfolk confirmed that the rapid would fit, I used a photo I found of the mahina and rapid being compared and guesstimated based off of that. I have no idea if it'll actually fit but after doing this, I really hope it does!

Gee I hope it does...

Nerdmaid Faith
11-12-2017, 12:51 AM
A shooter (the monofin they reccomended the most for the tails) is 20'' by 18''
My wave is 21'' by 18''
The foil is 16" by 10''
This is a foil on top of a Mahina with accurate scaling.
I'm not saying that it won't work, but I'm not entirely hopeful either.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/c6268414eb1f37c824fbd1ff0a5d2396.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Nerdmaid Faith
11-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Thanks Fancy Fish Fashions! So looking at Mahina vs Rapid does make me feel a bit better, but I'm not 100% sure whether or not the rapid has been said to have worked. *investigates instagram*
BTW here is a rapid vs a wave

TybeeMermaid
11-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Thanks Fancy Fish Fashions! So looking at Mahina vs Rapid does make me feel a bit better, but I'm not 100% sure whether or not the rapid has been said to have worked. *investigates instagram*

Yeah, I got my monofins mixed up and said Rapid instead of Foil. I don't believe they've mentioned anything about the rapid yet.

Nerdmaid Faith
11-12-2017, 02:02 AM
OK *cracks knuckles* After a fun filled evening of scrolling through HUNDREDS of comments I am ready to condense all of the public FinFolk information that is not the clearly obvious stuff in captions.

1. Tails are made entirely out of neoprene and weigh about 5-10 pounds with a hardish casing inside the monofin. The material of the casing is unknown and the measurements of that will be posted #soon. The fluke sizes are the same as on the full silicone tails. Regarding fluke/colour options and customisation the 7 posted are the only options so far and will likely be a limited release.

2. From what I can gather, its a closed bottom fluke and you slide the monofin inside into the casing. Small or medium sized monofins will fit inside the casing. The casing will help retain the shape of the fluke even if there is a bit smaller monofin.

3. So far, there seem to be several categories of monofin comfirmation.

A. YES IT FITS GO THIS WE RECCOMEND: The Finis Shooter and the Foil
* then as seen in my previous post the Wave/Tempo will likely work*
B. Yes
The FinFun and the Luna (which size though?)
*therefore the Suntails, Mirage and Magictail Super monofins will definetly fit inside*
C. We don't know yet???
The Mahina probably, will be confirmed later.
The Hydra (probably not)
The Rapid - could not find any comments refering to that one. *EDIT IT NOW BELONGS IN THE YES CATEGORY*
Everything else.

They will be releasing a list of all confirmed monofins soon as well as the monofin casing dimensions so you can cross-reference with ones not listed. Attatched are all the relavent comment replies where I got my info from.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/ab719057e89f5fd59d46f28a206ff31d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/8c5450d6d1b50c179f0c5f1cae07823a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/f1bc59442fd6754d2aaa297cb32d1fd1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/dd55edb27c25e55dda4689f3a74e969b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/f19a2d1d8c7eda5a66ca8b404718f4b1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/5311eff8b99336fbec2db18bd1c9ed26.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/de5da5c84acbe6fff7cce78addf7c7ab.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/c4b9496be4535857e75b19b9f6d2d776.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/0eec1d19a87e3d0e4987900069178156.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/4f255f8496de31c8dd0db693c873940d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/8dccd10efe65d078e936e8ed9e99676f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/589b2a4dbfecf546268ef4c9f6246ce0.jpg

Mermaid Alea
11-12-2017, 02:04 AM
Ooooh I am so excited! :drool:

Nerdmaid Faith
11-12-2017, 03:37 AM
I forgot about Facebook comments... THE GODS HAVE SPOKEN, THE RAPID WILL FIT!

TwilitWing
11-13-2017, 09:34 PM
What about the Luna fin? I hope that one fits...

Mermaid Alea
11-13-2017, 11:10 PM
:yay:I'm so glad the rapid will fit! Now my only concern will be snatching a tail before they sell out.

Nerdmaid Faith
11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
What about the Luna fin? I hope that one fits...Said in recent posthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/92fc2ebd6a2cb6dc9ad026ea537f9f04.jpg

BlueCorvidae
11-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Gonna make this my first tail if they aren't sold out minutes within releasing. (You guys have me a little worried, haha.)

MermaidLiara
11-21-2017, 08:51 AM
So excited to see all of you getting a finfolk fabric tail :) hope to see lots of pics and videos of you guys wearing them! The tails look amazing under water.

I'm also really excited for the other colors and flukes they might release in the future!

Mermaid Alea
11-21-2017, 09:00 PM
So since there is a limited quantity of these tails, do you think there is a limit for each tail color?

Mermaid Persephone
11-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Mermaid Alea, probably. That's how they did the Mythics.

Mermaid Alea
11-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Guys I am SHAKING! I just got the Shoal Green Fabric tail! EEEEEEEPPPP!!!

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Bought it right out of my cart you did!

But congratulations. I was going for that tail too but it sold out before I could check out thanks to paypal being obnoxious. I got the sea sapphire tail though, so there's that. :)

Mer Coralia
11-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Guys I am SHAKING! I just got the Shoal Green Fabric tail! EEEEEEEPPPP!!!

CONGRATS! I got my Sea Sapphire. That was a good wake up call XD

That one was my second choice, but I'm glad I was able to get my first. I was kind of surprised how easy it was since it was just so fast :dance:

NINJA SKILLZ

Mer Coralia
11-24-2017, 11:26 AM
They just listed more tails so you could try a second shot>

Mermaid Alea
11-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah all of a sudden the shoal green has all sizes again. So if anyone missed out go check again! There is still time!!:D

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 11:33 AM
Yeah all of a sudden the shoal green has all sizes again. So if anyone missed out go check again! There is still time!!:D

That was... kind of underhanded of them. My money's already tied up in the order with my second choice tail so that's what I'm going to stick with I guess. (It was a gift anyways so I'm not really losing out on much, the sapphire one is still pretty. ^_^)

Mer Coralia
11-24-2017, 11:37 AM
That was... kind of underhanded of them. My money's already tied up in the order with my second choice tail so that's what I'm going to stick with I guess. (It was a gift anyways so I'm not really losing out on much, the sapphire one is still pretty. ^_^)

You could ask for an exchange?

And yeah to be honest, that was weird unless something was special with those first few. I'm happy though.

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 11:43 AM
You could ask for an exchange?

And yeah to be honest, that was weird unless something was special with those first few. I'm happy though.
I mean, I still ended up with a gorgeous fabric tail for my first mermaid tail, I don't think it's worth the headache trying to cancel and re-order while fighting a crowd over tail color, y'know?

I still haven't bought a monofin though, but I don't think those are going to sell out anytime soon so I still have time to research which one will be best for this tail. Which ones are you guys using?

Mer Coralia
11-24-2017, 12:14 PM
I mean, I still ended up with a gorgeous fabric tail for my first mermaid tail, I don't think it's worth the headache trying to cancel and re-order while fighting a crowd over tail color, y'know?

I still haven't bought a monofin though, but I don't think those are going to sell out anytime soon so I still have time to research which one will be best for this tail. Which ones are you guys using?

As long as you're happy, I'm sure you'll be beautiful in either color. :mermaid kiss:

I'm hoping my wave fits in it. I managed to score one for free off of here so I'm super excited to use it for an actual tail.

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 12:51 PM
I'm debating whether or not I should buy the leggings that go with the tail, but I'm not sure if neoprene has the same transparency issues that spandex has.

Mermaid Alea
11-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Neoprene won't have transparency issues. :)

Mermaid Holly
11-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Guys, really want one, but I can't decide if I should save my money for when the Mythics come back!

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Didn't some of them come back today? I'm not a fan of the sequin personally, but if it's what you prefer, then I'd save up for it.

Mermaid Holly
11-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Really? I must check!!

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

TwilitWing
11-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Got the Sea Sapphire tail! They opened up a second wave of them and I grabbed the last small. ;w; I'm so happy~ I just gotta get a monofin and I'm good to go!

Mermaid Persephone
11-24-2017, 05:35 PM
I got an Eternal Ember tail and I can't wait to get it! There are still quite a few available on the site too.

mermaidchirp
11-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Eek I got one!! I got the Blue one with the Loreena fluke!

BlueCorvidae
11-24-2017, 10:27 PM
I was wondering who my fellow sapphires were. Not a lot of us in the Pod Squad it looks like.

Mer Coralia
11-25-2017, 12:17 AM
I was wondering who my fellow sapphires were. Not a lot of us in the Pod Squad it looks like.

It was the second to sell out I believe, the Sandy Shoal was the most popular. There's still a bunch of the red, black, and the two pinky ones.

BlueCorvidae
11-25-2017, 11:49 AM
I thought the most popular one was the island iris? It sold out HOURS before the Sapphire did.

merman caspian
11-25-2017, 06:39 PM
I was looking at the red one this morning before work (I worked yesterday too and missed the bulk of the rush from the Pod Squad) but didn't pull the trigger and my size was sold out. I did manage to get the silver one (my unexpected backup) though

Merman Caspian

BlueCorvidae
11-26-2017, 12:38 AM
Well, Caspian. You and I can be second-choice buddies, lol. I was fortunate enough to get this week off for vacation time, and lo and behold the first Black Friday I have off in seven years happens to be the release of these tails. Honestly I had to jump on it, it was a sign.

merman caspian
11-26-2017, 05:46 AM
BlueCorvidae, glad you got one too. Now the wait begins to January

Merman Caspian

Merman Jon
11-26-2017, 09:12 AM
I ordered my fin folk fabric tail already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid_Izzy
11-26-2017, 11:10 AM
I know there are a few still available online now, but I am pretty sure they are all the less common sizes

MidnightMer
11-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Has anyone seen a size chart for the fabric tails, or are they just the same as mythic sizes?

Mermaid Alea
11-26-2017, 11:00 PM
There is a size chart on the Pod Squad facebook page. It got a little buried on the photos tab but if you click that and keep scrolling the size chart is on one of the photos of Mermaid Hyli wearing the green/blue tail. In the livestream they said the measurements are not the same as the mythics and that you need to be sure to pick the tail that matches your measurements the closest because they sized the tails down a little to account for bagginess.

merman caspian
11-27-2017, 03:56 AM
There is a size chart on the Pod Squad facebook page. It got a little buried on the photos tab but if you click that and keep scrolling the size chart is on one of the photos of Mermaid Hyli wearing the green/blue tail. In the livestream they said the measurements are not the same as the mythics and that you need to be sure to pick the tail that matches your measurements the closest because they sized the tails down a little to account for bagginess.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171127/c7fbf3f55108b6d1bea0734d1b8ed2fa.jpg I'll leave this for reference when the next round of tails gets announced. The Finfolk team usually are good of making announcements like that

Merman Caspian

Mermaid_Salacia
11-27-2017, 05:24 AM
I wasn't going to get one as I've a silicone on the way from Mernation, but I do like the silvery one so I might consider it when the new ones drop.

Mermaid Kane
11-27-2017, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but the fluke on these are so large compared to the woman, it looks almost awkward? And the proportions of the base of the tail (where the scales meet the fin of the fluke) vs her ankles makes it look like it's dangling on by a thread. At least, with the picture above.

These tails are so beautiful, though. Simply gorgeous. I'm probably just ruffled over nothing. xD hahaha.

Mermaid Persephone
11-27-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but the fluke on these are so large compared to the woman, it looks almost awkward? And the proportions of the base of the tail (where the scales meet the fin of the fluke) vs her ankles makes it look like it's dangling on by a thread. At least, with the picture above.

These tails are so beautiful, though. Simply gorgeous. I'm probably just ruffled over nothing. xD hahaha.

I'm thick through the legs, so I don't even think about things like that... however, I have to admit I LOVE big flukes. As long as I can move in them decently, I feel bigger is better. So I might be biased.

And I hate the flukes on most fabric tails, since they're usually on the smaller side.

"I like big flukes, and I cannot lie."

Mermaid Kane
11-27-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm thick through the legs, so I don't even think about things like that... however, I have to admit I LOVE big flukes. As long as I can move in them decently, I feel bigger is better. So I might be biased.

And I hate the flukes on most fabric tails, since they're usually on the smaller side.

"I like big flukes, and I cannot lie."

Hahaha, me too, girl. On me it would be very well balanced. ;P I love big flukes too! As long as they aren't impractical. 'Tis one of the reasons I got a Mahina.

Mermaid Andrina
11-27-2017, 03:43 PM
I was able to get Plumeria Pink last Friday! Anyone else also get that one?

merman caspian
11-27-2017, 03:55 PM
I was able to get Plumeria Pink last Thursday! Anyone else also get that one?
I got the Star-Crossed Silver on Saturday and it'll be my first Finfolk tail

Merman Caspian

Rett
12-04-2017, 10:23 PM
I really want to get one of these the next time that they restock, but I am nervous about the sizing not fitting correctly. I would have to get a Small or a Medium judging by their measurements (I think the Small would be better for the waist size, but the medium is better for my bum :sweat drop:), and I am worried that it wouldn't quite fit. I am 40 inches exactly from ankle to the tops of my hips, and I am worried it would be slightly too short and slip down... I may order one and then see in person.

Did anyone ever figure out if the Hydra will fit? Which fin has the most propulsion of the ones that fit in this tail do you guys think?

MermaidLiara
12-05-2017, 05:14 AM
I really want to get one of these the next time that they restock, but I am nervous about the sizing not fitting correctly. I would have to get a Small or a Medium judging by their measurements (I think the Small would be better for the waist size, but the medium is better for my bum :sweat drop:), and I am worried that it wouldn't quite fit. I am 40 inches exactly from ankle to the tops of my hips, and I am worried it would be slightly too short and slip down... I may order one and then see in person.

Did anyone ever figure out if the Hydra will fit? Which fin has the most propulsion of the ones that fit in this tail do you guys think?I was also worried about the length so I asked Finfolk, and they said that you can push the monofin further down, which creates more length! So that's good news.

If you are really torn between sizes, I'd pick the M. It's easy to make a tail smaller. Do you have a sewing machine, or someone who can help you?

They weren't able to test the Hydra because they didn't have one, but it will likely fit. A lot of people have asked this, and we will have to wait until the first fabric tails are shipped to owners who have hydras in order to know for sure.
I also want to use my hydra when I order a fabric tail next round.

The Finis Shooter fits for sure (they used it in most of their promo vids) and provides the most propulsion out of all the monofins that fit.

If you want even more propulsion, you could cut a competitor to fit, but if you ask me that's quite a waste of an expensive competitor hehe.

Mer Coralia
12-06-2017, 01:59 AM
I was stuck between two sizes as well due to the butt. They recommended the smaller one cause of my waist size so it wouldn't be baggy and would stay up. They did say the fabric does have some stretch. Not sure how big of a difference your measurements are but I would actually go for a small if you're that waist size.

I'm going to be using my wave :thumbs-up:

Mermaid Whisper
12-06-2017, 06:00 PM
I already have a cut Competitor that I’ve been trying to think of a tailskin for, and this is far too tempting.

I’ve wanted to make my own, but my last few have been flops at best and I’m absurdly indecisive.

Mer for over 5 years and I’m only just now figuring out my color scheme, let alone what type or tail I’ll be.

MermaidAuquita
12-09-2017, 11:49 AM
I can finally say my dream is coming true from Mermaid Kita she’s giving me her golden ticket https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/659da9654b869a153b64f08b1e51e024.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/e0a78d6ace1d285aacd092007bc04cfb.jpg

The tail I’m getting soon when the New Years start omg [emoji50] I’m still in shock

Mer Coralia
12-10-2017, 04:35 AM
I can finally say my dream is coming true from Mermaid Kita she’s giving me her golden ticket https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/659da9654b869a153b64f08b1e51e024.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/e0a78d6ace1d285aacd092007bc04cfb.jpg

The tail I’m getting soon when the New Years start omg [emoji50] I’m still in shock

CONGRATS! Those were so cool =)

That's also very sweet of her. Can't wait to see photos :mermaid kiss:

MermaidAuquita
12-10-2017, 09:30 AM
CONGRATS! Those were so cool =)

That's also very sweet of her. Can't wait to see photos :mermaid kiss:

I can’t wait to get my tail

BlueCorvidae
12-18-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm still on the fence about what monofin to buy for my tail. I can't remember all of the ones that Finfolk confirmed would work, and I wish they'd give confirmation on whether or not the Mahina would work. (I really want a Mahina, lol.)

uwmerman
12-18-2017, 08:33 PM
Omg I love that pink color!!! Looks amazing :)

Mermaid_Salacia
12-18-2017, 08:33 PM
They won't confirm or deny the Mahina because the Mahina people don't want their fins in fabric tails. Once people actually have the tails I'm sure they'll test lota of monofins and give feedback.

uwmerman
12-18-2017, 08:39 PM
They won't confirm or deny the Mahina because the Mahina people don't want their fins in fabric tails. Once people actually have the tails I'm sure they'll test lota of monofins and give feedback.
What is the difference between mahina and other monofins?

Mermaid Alea
12-18-2017, 09:43 PM
I'm still on the fence about what monofin to buy for my tail. I can't remember all of the ones that Finfolk confirmed would work, and I wish they'd give confirmation on whether or not the Mahina would work. (I really want a Mahina, lol.)

After I bought my fabric tail I took out my Mahina and measured it to compare the measurements to the ones given in the tail description. From my measurements, I think all worked except I think the end width - which makes sense because the Mahina's fin tips flair out really far. Many people have trimmed the ends of their Mahina to make it fit better into tails. I cut on the foot pockets of mine to make it fit my feet better so I can say first hand that they are easy to trim. Once I get the tail in I will put my Mahina inside to see how it fits. I'm personally not going to cut the ends of my Mahina, but I may consider buying a second Mahina to cut for the tail. The issue I have with the Mahina is it REALLY hurts my feet. Everything else about the monofin is amazing, but comfort is not so good. I recommend going a size up. I bought a medium and wish I would have bought a large because I don't really have space in the pockets for wearing neoprene socks - which will help keep you from getting blisters from the monofin.

What is the difference between mahina and other monofins?

The Mahina is a very large monofin and unlike most large monofins, it isn't super stiff. Instead, it has just the perfect amount of stiffness and floppiness to it. It is made of rubber and it is all one mold so the foot straps are completely part of the fin. These days there are different mermaid-y shaped monofins on the market, but not too long ago the Mahina was about the only mermaid shaped monofin on the market - another reason why it has been so popular. I would say that the Mahina feels less clunky in the water. You feel more graceful because it flows so well underwater. If you swim a few laps in a stiffer fin, say a Finis Rapid, then switch to the Mahina, you will notice a difference.

I have a Finis Rapid (confirmed to fit in the Finfolk fabric tail) and a Mahina monofin so when I get my tail I will let you all know how those monofins are. The only concern I have with my Rapid is the strap clips on the side stick out a lot so that might detract from the look of the tail. That is one of the pros to getting one of the monofins Finfolk recommend for this tail - both fins they recommend won't have that ankle bulge.

Nerdmaid Faith
12-19-2017, 02:51 AM
They won't confirm or deny the Mahina because the Mahina people don't want their fins in fabric tails. Once people actually have the tails I'm sure they'll test lota of monofins and give feedback.*nasally nerdy voice* um ACTUALLY Mahina now works in conjunction with some fabric tail companies to start selling tails with the Mahina on strong reccomendation that they are for adults only. Hense the "pro" line of tails from both Magictail and Swimtails.

uwmerman
12-19-2017, 09:55 PM
The Mahina is a very large monofin and unlike most large monofins, it isn't super stiff. Instead, it has just the perfect amount of stiffness and floppiness to it. It is made of rubber and it is all one mold so the foot straps are completely part of the fin. These days there are different mermaid-y shaped monofins on the market, but not too long ago the Mahina was about the only mermaid shaped monofin on the market - another reason why it has been so popular. I would say that the Mahina feels less clunky in the water. You feel more graceful because it flows so well underwater. If you swim a few laps in a stiffer fin, say a Finis Rapid, then switch to the Mahina, you will notice a difference.

I have a Finis Rapid (confirmed to fit in the Finfolk fabric tail) and a Mahina monofin so when I get my tail I will let you all know how those monofins are. The only concern I have with my Rapid is the strap clips on the side stick out a lot so that might detract from the look of the tail. That is one of the pros to getting one of the monofins Finfolk recommend for this tail - both fins they recommend won't have that ankle bulge. I would be curious as to hear your opinion of the two. I feel like my monofin is too stiff and it doesn't feel easy to swim in. Is the mahina meant for more experienced swimmers?

Mermaid Kane
12-19-2017, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't say so. I use a mahina, and it's my first fin.

uwmerman
12-19-2017, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't say so. I use a mahina, and it's my first fin. how do you like it? Swim easy and graceful?

Mermaid Kane
12-20-2017, 12:01 AM
how do you like it? Swim easy and graceful?

Oh, its just wonderful. I love it! Its flowy, but has pretty good(?) propulsion, and it feels great.

Sherielle
12-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Hey there guys! I just want to happily say that I'll be getting a finfolk fabric tail too. My secret santa sent me a Golden Fin Ticket from finfolk!!!!! I plan on getting the Island Iris tail. I'm so happy!!!! Especially after selling my silicone tail.

MermaidAuquita
12-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Hey there guys! I just want to happily say that I'll be getting a finfolk fabric tail too. My secret santa sent me a Golden Fin Ticket from finfolk!!!!! I plan on getting the Island Iris tail. I'm so happy!!!! Especially after selling my silicone tail.

Same girl same https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171220/89a60de32a56a5c8a5ca3e3d47cd8a50.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171220/fe98cbe505db41697cf93011bfcc4c9d.jpg

My mermaid tail I gave them my tail size and they got on order on a note

merman caspian
12-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Hey there guys! I just want to happily say that I'll be getting a finfolk fabric tail too. My secret santa sent me a Golden Fin Ticket from finfolk!!!!! I plan on getting the Island Iris tail. I'm so happy!!!! Especially after selling my silicone tail.How exciting for you! Which one did you decide on?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

user76213849809
12-20-2017, 06:54 PM

how do u get golden fin tickets? can you buy them?

merman caspian
12-20-2017, 07:35 PM
how do u get golden fin tickets? can you buy them?It was part of Finfolk's recent PodSquad Secret Santa exchange and those lucky enough to have the Admin team as their SS got the ticket

Mermaid Alea
12-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Congrats golden ticket winners! :thumbs-up:

My coworker said the wait for me to get my Finfolk fabric tail seems like it has been forever lol. I didn't realize she was anticipating it. When my boss found out that I took Black Friday off to get a tail she wasn't surprised. :lol:

I would be curious as to hear your opinion of the two. I feel like my monofin is too stiff and it doesn't feel easy to swim in. Is the mahina meant for more experienced swimmers?

Like what Mermaid Kane said, the Mahina can be a good first monofin - and it is good for anyone! I think many mers start with a Mahina. My first monofin was the Rapid and I have really enjoyed it. Both monofins have their pros and cons. The only real con for me on the Mahina is how it hurts my feet. In no time I get a blister under my ankle bone on my right foot. Other mers have had similar issues with getting blisters. Everyone seems to recommend getting a size up from the size you would usually wear - then you will have extra room to wear thick socks or neoprene socks to prevent those blisters. The Rapid doesn't hurt my feet at all.

The Mahina has a better look than the Rapid. I personally think the Rapid is easier to use with less effort when compared to the Mahina. I feel like I can expend less effort and get further with the Rapid and it takes a bit more effort and concentration in my movements to swim with the Mahina. Of course the Rapid is stiffer...

When it comes to deep water swimming I haven't really had a chance to test the Mahina for swimming deep. I'm a bit weary of using it again because I don't like getting blisters (I'm not talking about swimming really hard and getting blisters, I'm talking about swimming slowly and carefully and still getting blisters). The Rapid is awesome for swimming deep. In just a few kicks it gets you down pretty fast. I was at a spring hanging on the side of a floating dock and these girls jumped off the dock into the water. When they came up, one girl said she lost her sunglasses. Long story short, I wanted to help but I was nervous because I had never swam so deep before but I swam down there and rescued those sunglasses from the bottom and that moment showed me that the Rapid is pretty good for descending into the depths.

uwmerman
12-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Thank you for your input mermaid alea. Sounds like to me the mahina should be for a slightly more experienced swimmer? Since it requires more concentrated movements. I have no idea what monofins I have. I got one with my suntail and with my magictail. So I'm not sure what those brands have for monofins when you get the tail and monofin combo.

moomer
12-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Not necessarily on the Mahina. It's the first monofin I've owned and it's still the only one. I had no trouble getting used to the feeling, and the weight. Obviously try it out in the shallows, and I highly recommend wearing neoprene socks. :)

uwmerman
12-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Not necessarily on the Mahina. It's the first monofin I've owned and it's still the only one. I had no trouble getting used to the feeling, and the weight. Obviously try it out in the shallows, and I highly recommend wearing neoprene socks. :)

Sent from my Pixel using TapatalkI didn't know one could wear socks in a fin. What tail did that monofin come from? Or did you buy the monofin Separately?

moomer
12-22-2017, 08:18 PM
I bought my Mahina seperately from my fabric tail. I sized up a small amount, and bought Neoprene socks from a scuba shop :)

uwmerman
12-22-2017, 08:25 PM
I bought my Mahina seperately from my fabric tail. I sized up a small amount, and bought Neoprene socks from a scuba shop :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk ah I see. I didn't even think to get a monofin seperately lol. I'm still new at being a mer and swimming in a tail. How long have you been a mermaid?

Mermaid Kane
12-22-2017, 08:31 PM
I didn't know one could wear socks in a fin. What tail did that monofin come from? Or did you buy the monofin Separately?

The way most fabric tails work is that there are skins and then a monofin made by the same company to fit the tail. For example, a monofin that came with your Suntails skin is a Suntails monofin.
However, Mahina MerFins don't have a skin option. You can buy leggings that are scale printed, but that company doesn't promote using their tail with a skin (at least, not for kids).

If if you buy a Mahina, you'd have to make your own tailskin, or commission someone else.

Again, I will recommend the Mahina as a first monofin! I would say that the motion is actually easier to get down. It's also big enough to have great propulsion (compared to FinFun or other cheaper fins), and it's neutral buoyancy (where I found the Suntails fin when I tried it to float, which SUCKED).

Nerdmaid Faith
12-23-2017, 01:12 AM
Guess what! I put lots of helpful info regarding these tails in a handy little video here!

https://youtu.be/FAida17jizg

Mermaid Alea
12-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Yes I'm not trying to say a Mahina isn't a good first monofin. Many mers have had it as their first fin and I don't see why it wouldn't be a good first choice. I personally didn't start with that as my first monofin and I also have issues with the fit for my Mahina. As Moomer mentioned, she bought a size up from her size so that she could wear socks in the monofin and that probably makes it work just right for her. :)

Yass Faith I can't wait to watch your video!!!

uwmerman
12-23-2017, 08:01 PM
The way most fabric tails work is that there are skins and then a monofin made by the same company to fit the tail. For example, a monofin that came with your Suntails skin is a Suntails monofin.
However, Mahina MerFins don't have a skin option. You can buy leggings that are scale printed, but that company doesn't promote using their tail with a skin (at least, not for kids).

If if you buy a Mahina, you'd have to make your own tailskin, or commission someone else.

Again, I will recommend the Mahina as a first monofin! I would say that the motion is actually easier to get down. It's also big enough to have great propulsion (compared to FinFun or other cheaper fins), and it's neutral buoyancy (where I found the Suntails fin when I tried it to float, which SUCKED). that makes sense so what ever tail skin- monofin combo I get is likely going to just be a monofin from that company or brand.

uwmerman
12-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Yes I'm not trying to say a Mahina isn't a good first monofin. Many mers have had it as their first fin and I don't see why it wouldn't be a good first choice. I personally didn't start with that as my first monofin and I also have issues with the fit for my Mahina. As Moomer mentioned, she bought a size up from her size so that she could wear socks in the monofin and that probably makes it work just right for her. :)

Yass Faith I can't wait to watch your video!!! are there any other monofin types other than the Mahina and the rapid?

moomer
12-24-2017, 12:21 AM
Heaps. Do some shopping online and you will see.
The rapid is only a style of monofin made by one company, Finis. As is the Mahina.
If you look in a dive shop, they probably will have a few you could try on for size.

BlueCorvidae
12-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Aaaaah, my tail shipped out today! :D

Mermaid Alea
12-29-2017, 07:40 PM
Ahh I just checked my email! Mine shipped as well!

I just so happen to be wearing my Ariel onesie that I wore when I bought the tail, so perhaps it is good luck lol.

I just signed up for text alerts. We are guessing it will come Tuesday or Wednesday. :yay:

BlueCorvidae
01-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Heeey guess what I just got today?
https://i.imgur.com/cqaEbC2.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/QDLA6Vh.jpg?1

Mermaid Alea
01-02-2018, 09:20 PM
AHHHHH!!! You got your tail!!! How big is the packaging?

I got a text today saying mine is expected to arrive here on Friday. This is going to be a loooong week haha.

MermaidAuquita1998
01-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Heeey guess what I just got today?
https://i.imgur.com/cqaEbC2.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/QDLA6Vh.jpg?1

Yeah do a review on YouTub please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlueCorvidae
01-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeah do a review on YouTub please

I'm really not much of a youtuber. I'm awkward when I'm trying to talk to a camera and I don't have any decent equipment. Plus I live with birds that are louder than me so... I guess I'll just tell you about my thoughts here!

Keep in mind that I haven't swam in it yet. The weather is awful and I really don't feel like making myself sick. Anyways;
>The package is pretty big, about the same size as the box my finis foil was shipped in. If you've ever ordered a monofin before, expect the box to be about the same size.
>The fluke is huge. Just one of the fins is the same length as my arm.
>The print is absolutely gorgeous, however it doesn't line up properly all the way up the seam. I'm not too bothered about it, but I know some people might be so it's worth pointing out.
>It wasn't easy to put on and I doubt it will be as easy to take off if you need to remove the tail when you're in the water. The only zipper is on the fluke for inserting the monofin, so don't expect the same quick-release of a finfun fabric tail.
>There are two sheets of flexible plastic inside the fluke for holding your monofin in place and keeping the shape of the fluke. It was tricky figuring out how to properly inserting my monofin, and they didn't include any instructions for that.
>The fluke is heavier than I was expecting. I doubt it's as heavy as silicone but I had trouble lifting my feet with it on.
>New neoprene smells funny, lol.
>The fluke will have creases in it when it first arrives. They have to fold it, plastic casing and all in order for it to ship. Fortunately the plastic they used for the monofin casing is very flexible and the creases will be gone if you let it lay out for a few hours. Finfolk did give instructions for this part.

Mermaid Alea
01-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Does the neoprene have a fabric lining on the interior?

Thanks for all of the info! :)

BlueCorvidae
01-02-2018, 11:33 PM
Does the neoprene have a fabric lining on the interior?

Thanks for all of the info! :)

Yeah, the typical black lining that you see on most neoprene tails.

MermaidAuquita1998
01-02-2018, 11:43 PM
I'm really not much of a youtuber. I'm awkward when I'm trying to talk to a camera and I don't have any decent equipment. Plus I live with birds that are louder than me so... I guess I'll just tell you about my thoughts here!

Keep in mind that I haven't swam in it yet. The weather is awful and I really don't feel like making myself sick. Anyways;
>The package is pretty big, about the same size as the box my finis foil was shipped in. If you've ever ordered a monofin before, expect the box to be about the same size.
>The fluke is huge. Just one of the fins is the same length as my arm.
>The print is absolutely gorgeous, however it doesn't line up properly all the way up the seam. I'm not too bothered about it, but I know some people might be so it's worth pointing out.
>It wasn't easy to put on and I doubt it will be as easy to take off if you need to remove the tail when you're in the water. The only zipper is on the fluke for inserting the monofin, so don't expect the same quick-release of a finfun fabric tail.
>There are two sheets of flexible plastic inside the fluke for holding your monofin in place and keeping the shape of the fluke. It was tricky figuring out how to properly inserting my monofin, and they didn't include any instructions for that.
>The fluke is heavier than I was expecting. I doubt it's as heavy as silicone but I had trouble lifting my feet with it on.
>New neoprene smells funny, lol.
>The fluke will have creases in it when it first arrives. They have to fold it, plastic casing and all in order for it to ship. Fortunately the plastic they used for the monofin casing is very flexible and the creases will be gone if you let it lay out for a few hours. Finfolk did give instructions for this part.

How do u put the mono fin in it

BlueCorvidae
01-03-2018, 12:02 AM
How do u put the mono fin in it

Trial-and-error plus determination. I sandwiched mine between their two sheets of plastic but I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not sure I did it right. =/

Mer Coralia
01-03-2018, 12:43 AM
ITS SO PRETTY :swoon::swoon::swoon:

I'm so excited for mine, it just sucks it'll take a week to do so :/

Nerdmaid Faith
01-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Remember my friend Jen from my video? WELL HERE'S HER AWESOME UNBOXING/REVIEW/TUTORIAL!!! I'm legit almost crying its such a beautiful tail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5YHL3fPB-k&feature=youtu.be

BlueCorvidae
01-03-2018, 02:29 AM
Okay, so it's good to know that I have my foil in right. I got a slip of paper with my tail saying something about plastic screw covers but I have no idea what it's referring to.

merman caspian
01-03-2018, 05:24 AM
I've seen some of the live unboxing videos on the PodSquad Facebook page and they look awesome. I'm waiting for my notification myself (I bought the Starcrossed Silver) and I'll post pictures it arrives

BlueCorvidae
01-03-2018, 01:36 PM
By the way, I feel I should point out that the tails have white zippers, despite the fact that most of them have dark accents. It isn't very noticeable, but a few people have been disappointed by it so I'm gonna give a heads up about it here.

Mermaid_Mari
01-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Could anyone tell me how much the tails weigh? I think I might get one in the next batch but I’m worried about shipping cost to Australia

BlueCorvidae
01-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Could anyone tell me how much the tails weigh? I think I might get one in the next batch but I’m worried about shipping cost to Australia

I don't own a scale so I can't check the weight for you, but according to AU mers in the Podsquad, they ended up paying $84 for shipping.

On another note, Mermaid Sarandipity made a video about the monofin casing in her tail. Hers was in backwards and she had to take it out and flip it, which allows you to see the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tkaUEv2K8&feature=youtu.be
(She also asked that I share her website. https://themindfulmermaid.net/ )

Mer Coralia
01-04-2018, 02:19 AM
All the unboxing and swimming videos are making me so jealous and excited. <3

All so pretty :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:: swoon:

Dogfish
01-04-2018, 04:59 AM
I freaking love these tails. Can't wait to see more from them!

MermaidLiara
01-04-2018, 07:55 AM
I have no idea whether it's been said here before, but just in case: THE MAHINA DOES *NOT* FIT IN FINFOLK'S FABRIC TAILS.

Does anyone know whether the Hydra fits? :)

BlueCorvidae
01-04-2018, 11:56 AM
I guess I'm not to bothered by the Mahina not fitting. My foil is growing on me, even though I haven't had a chance to use it yet. >.>

Mermaid Fenicia
01-04-2018, 03:36 PM
I have no idea whether it's been said here before, but just in case: THE MAHINA DOES *NOT* FIT IN FINFOLK'S FABRIC TAILS.

Does anyone know whether the Hydra fits? :)

If they say that it's fit a Rapid, then it will fit a Hydra as they are the same size ;)
With is an Hydra and black is a Rapid

MermaidLiara
01-04-2018, 04:12 PM
If they say that it's fit a Rapid, then it will fit a Hydra as they are the same size ;)
With is an Hydra and black is a RapidOooh great news! Thank you for that comparison pic! [emoji3]

Mermaid Whisper
01-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Did I hear that it would fit a cut Competitor? I have one and haven’t been able to make/find a tailskin that I like.

MermaidLiara
01-05-2018, 03:46 AM
Did I hear that it would fit a cut Competitor? I have one and haven’t been able to make/find a tailskin that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDepending on how it's cut, a competitor could definitely fit. No idea how much cutting it would need, though.

Mermaid Alea
01-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Here is my unboxing video of the Shoal Green tail!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOm544tLwjo

Khaleesi Daenerys
01-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Are they restocking in February? Hopefully they will do a dark red or green in the sea nymph fluke.

Mermaid Alea
01-06-2018, 08:42 PM
So I wanted to let you all know that the Mahina Monofin does fit in the Finfolk fabric tail - at least it fits in the Sea Nymph fluke. ;)

Here is my video talking about how I got the Mahina Monofin to fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5AbKqdzRw

Mer Coralia
01-07-2018, 03:01 AM
By the way, I feel I should point out that the tails have white zippers, despite the fact that most of them have dark accents. It isn't very noticeable, but a few people have been disappointed by it so I'm gonna give a heads up about it here.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, so apparently the reason was the colored zippers would have delayed them for a month (so they'd end up being released in February instead of January). Finfolk opted for quicker shipment hence the white, however many pod members have said it's easily correctable by using a sharpie to color it in.

I feel ya on it, for the darker ones it's noticeable but considering the feedback of A LOT OF PEOPLE wanting them sooner, I can see why they kept the white. It's funny one of the twins was like "why are zippers so problematic?" :lol: However the next batch of fabric tails will have colored zippers. :thumbs-up:

BlueCorvidae
01-07-2018, 09:21 AM
So I wanted to let you all know that the Mahina Monofin does fit in the Finfolk fabric tail - at least it fits in the Sea Nymph fluke. ;)

Here is my video talking about how I got the Mahina Monofin to fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5AbKqdzRw

But it is confirmed not to fit a lotus fluke. I don't have a mahina to try with my sea sapphire, but I personally wouldn't. My fluke has an inward curve to the fins, which wouldn't be very friendly for a mahina. Even with the sea nymph fluke, somebody else in the pod squad tried it and their mahina was nearly ripping their seams, so it depends on the size of the tail AND the size of the mahina whether this would work.

Honestly, if you guys prefer having a solid rubber monofin, I'd just stick with the finis foil. It doesn't have that same flowy mermaidy look that the mahina has on it's own, but the tail skins on these tails are enough to make up for that. It fits into these tails a lot easier than the mahina did, so you won't have to risk breaking the zipper either. /mytwocents

On another note, your living room looks gorgeous.

MidnightMer
01-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Are they restocking in February? Hopefully they will do a dark red or green in the sea nymph fluke.

I hope they do. My birthday is in February, so it would be a good gift to myself, but I would want a darker green tail to go along with my current color scheme.

Mer Coralia
01-07-2018, 08:48 PM
I hope they do. My birthday is in February, so it would be a good gift to myself, but I would want a darker green tail to go along with my current color scheme.

Once everyone's is shipped out they're going to sell any remaining of this round and the next release will be all different. Apparently it'll be constantly evolving with colors but they may bring back some old ones.

MermaidAuquita1998
01-07-2018, 09:49 PM
I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/ee79da3b6ad234e8b959d9c33d3d25de.jpg

Slim
01-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Someone is screaming with excitement

I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/ee79da3b6ad234e8b959d9c33d3d25de.jpg

MermaidAuquita1998
01-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Someone is screaming with excitement

Slim I’m so excited I can’t wait

Mer Coralia
01-09-2018, 01:40 AM
I GOT MINE AND ITS REALLY HARD TO GET OVER THE BUTT BUT SHE FITS!

Yeah I definitely stretch those hip measurements :sweat drop:

She's currently stashed under laundry on the floor so she's safe :dance:

I need to get another monofin though. I have the wave and it fits but I may still get a trainer for better training for my silicone one and it'll be easier getting in the tail.

saborigakusei
01-09-2018, 08:07 AM
I received mine recently as well! I got the Eternal Ember. :)

Here's my take on the sizing:

I'm pretty short (5'2, 115lbs or so) and I got the XS. It is EXTREMELY hard to get over my butt, and is definitely several inches too long, which creates significant wrinkles around my ankles that I can't straighten out. I'm hoping getting one of the recommended monofins will help with this, at least a little.

Speaking of monofins...

I have a mahina and a hydra monofin, and tried to squeeze them in. I managed to get the mahina in there, but as people have said it is a very tight fit and I feel bad for my poor seams.
The hydra WILL NOT fit in my XS - the blade of the fin fits very well, but due to the space in between the footpockets the whole fin will not fit in the tail. A tail size with wider ankle space may fit the hydra, but it doesn't seem likely to me due to how much of the monofin stuck out.

I'll try to get some pictures of the monofin fit and upload them at some point.

Other than that, I really do like it. The vinyl in the fluke is genius - a real game changer for fabric tails. The construction is great, and the scale printing is stunning. The fact that it is the same size as their silicone tails is also a huge plus in my book. As people have already said, the zipper is white and is too noticeable for my liking, but I plan on taking a sharpie to it so it's not a big deal.

I plan to take it on a test swim in a few days!!

MermaidLiara
01-09-2018, 08:38 AM
I received mine recently as well! I got the Eternal Ember. :)

Here's my take on the sizing:

I'm pretty short (5'2, 115lbs or so) and I got the XS. It is EXTREMELY hard to get over my butt, and is definitely several inches too long, which creates significant wrinkles around my ankles that I can't straighten out. I'm hoping getting one of the recommended monofins will help with this, at least a little.

Speaking of monofins...

I have a mahina and a hydra monofin, and tried to squeeze them in. I managed to get the mahina in there, but as people have said it is a very tight fit and I feel bad for my poor seams.
The hydra WILL NOT fit in my XS - the blade of the fin fits very well, but due to the space in between the footpockets the whole fin will not fit in the tail. A tail size with wider ankle space may fit the hydra, but it doesn't seem likely to me due to how much of the monofin stuck out.

I'll try to get some pictures of the monofin fit and upload them at some point.

Other than that, I really do like it. The vinyl in the fluke is genius - a real game changer for fabric tails. The construction is great, and the scale printing is stunning. The fact that it is the same size as their silicone tails is also a huge plus in my book. As people have already said, the zipper is white and is too noticeable for my liking, but I plan on taking a sharpie to it so it's not a big deal.

I plan to take it on a test swim in a few days!!Thanks a lot for your review on sizing and monofins, very insightful :) Let us know what you think of your test swim :D

Sherielle
01-09-2018, 09:53 AM
I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/ee79da3b6ad234e8b959d9c33d3d25de.jpg

I'm now obsessively checking my emails since I'm a Golden Fin girl too!

Mermaid Whisper
01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
I’m trying to wait it out to see if they release any more colors/flukes/designs. I love the silver and black, but having so few choices means a lot of mers will feel the same :P

Now to wait for tax time...

MermaidAuquita1998
01-09-2018, 01:04 PM

Ohhhh that’s awesome

MermaidAuquita1998
01-09-2018, 01:06 PM
I’ve been obsessively checking mine too What color did u get?

Magi
01-09-2018, 01:29 PM
So I'm hoping for some feedback on this tail from other people who have theirs.

How does this tail fit? How true are the measurements that Finfolks gives for these tails? I know that with the Mythic line they tend to run a bit large....
I measured myself and while my waist fits the XXS the butt doesn't and it looks like I might be a little too tall if I've measured that part right. I've never worn neoprene before but I was aware that there's a tiny bit of a stretch to it, but I don't know how much....
Should I be more concerned about that waist measurement that's firmly in the XXS measurment or that Butt measurement that's between two sizes? How important is that top ot tail ot ankle measument that I'm between sizes on as well?
I just really want it to fit right for swimming as I don't want extra drag from it being too loose.

Sherielle
01-09-2018, 04:01 PM
I’ve been obsessively checking mine too What color did u get?

Island Iris. I'm not sure if they will email me when they ship it

MermaidAuquita1998
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Island Iris. I'm not sure if they will email me when they ship it

Omg I got the same color!!!! ❤️❤️❤️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️ So they told me that they will email a tracking number

Mermaid Persephone
01-10-2018, 01:19 PM
I got mine the day before yesterday. I got a small, despite having hips that should have made me get a medium, but it fits and I love it.Will get pics soon. And my cert was 29/300, which was cool to see.

MermaidAuquita1998
01-10-2018, 02:31 PM
So FinFolk said this https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/b66464583aa5d6dab8b18c54ccbc30f0.jpg

Sherielle
01-10-2018, 05:31 PM
So FinFolk said this

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkGood to know. I'm trying not to bug them since they need to take care of the paid orders first and the last thing they need is me bugging them for a tracking number, lol. I'm treating like a surprise.

MermaidAuquita1998
01-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Good to know. I'm trying not to bug them since they need to take care of the paid orders first and the last thing they need is me bugging them for a tracking number, lol. I'm treating like a surprise.

I’m obsessed trying to know more when it’s coming

Mer Coralia
01-11-2018, 04:36 AM
So I'm hoping for some feedback on this tail from other people who have theirs.

How does this tail fit? How true are the measurements that Finfolks gives for these tails? I know that with the Mythic line they tend to run a bit large....
I measured myself and while my waist fits the XXS the butt doesn't and it looks like I might be a little too tall if I've measured that part right. I've never worn neoprene before but I was aware that there's a tiny bit of a stretch to it, but I don't know how much....
Should I be more concerned about that waist measurement that's firmly in the XXS measurment or that Butt measurement that's between two sizes? How important is that top ot tail ot ankle measument that I'm between sizes on as well?
I just really want it to fit right for swimming as I don't want extra drag from it being too loose.

The Mythic and Fabric sizes are completely different and it's recommended you don't compare them. The fabric neoprene includes the amount of stretch.

I was stuck between two sizes (cause waist and hips) and chose the smaller one for my waist; I contacted Finfolk about it and that was their recommendation so I wouldn't have drag. I'm with Folly with having the next butt size up, so for the first time trying it on, it was really hard to pull over but the second time was easier. Otherwise the size I received fit well. Another point for me, since the lengths were the same I wasn't worried about that. However for you since the XXS and XS have different lengths, you may want to size up for length alone. You can always take in if necessary. Plus looking at the chart, it's an inch difference of waist between the XXS and XS opposed to three inches of length.

Also you can contact the girls and tell them your measurements so they can recommend a size. They're your best source if you're unsure.

Hope that's helpful. :pearl:

saborigakusei
01-13-2018, 08:31 AM
So I finally got to take it for a swim! And to those planning to purchase one, I have one thing to say -

For the love of Poseidon, SIZE DOWN!!!

My tail, which I can barely squeeze into on land, felt like it was a size too big underwater. I was constantly trying to pull out wrinkles. If they don't release custom sizing then I may actually go with an XXS next time.

There is also a massive amount of drag due to the lack of drainage holes in the fluke. I'm looking into ways to add some, because I felt really slow and got tired very quickly. On the upside though, swimming in it as is will definitely give you a workout. xD

Other than that though, it was great! Neoprene keeps you a lot warmer than spandex, which was very nice since the pool was a little chilly. And I still can't get over how amazing the scales look and how big the fluke is. :swoon:

To any other mers that have had a chance to take these for a swim, how did it fit in the water? I'm curious how everyone else's experiences are!

TwilitWing
01-13-2018, 08:16 PM

I gotta say, this is my first mermaid tail EVER, and I'm so happy it was a finfolk. ;; I can't wait to swim in it. Took a bit of time to get the luna monofin in there.

My poor pupper was so confused as to where my legs went. xD

BlueCorvidae
01-15-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm sad because I haven't had a chance to swim in mine yet. I worked on the only warm day this month and now I have a double ear-infection. (Inner ear, so it doesn't hurt, but I don't want to agitate it...)

Mermaid Persephone
01-15-2018, 08:47 PM
Pics of my new fabric tail... no monofin yet (should hopefully coming this week), so I haven't been able to try it out. However, I might this weekend.

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 08:33 AM
the fin folks look better than my finfun but personally i dont have one yet :$:jawdrop::):D maybe in 5 years or so i will have my silicone tail but umm by 2020 i might ask for a finfolk fabric looks way nicer than my finfun but i still love my tail (may look like im rambiling but i dont know how to socialize)

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 09:01 AM
or maybe something like this for my next birthday depending on if they still have them
:jawdrop::lol:

BlueCorvidae
01-16-2018, 09:36 AM
or maybe something like this for my next birthday depending on if they still have them
:jawdrop::lol:

They're selling the last of these particular tails today, but they're going to come out with a new line of fabric tails for spring and summer. This is most likely going to be a regular thing from Finfolk now, so if you'd rather save up for one of these tails than a silicone, it's much cheaper and you could get one from the next release.

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=BlueCorvidae;292480]They're selling the last of these particular tails today, but they're going to come out with a new line of fabric tails for spring and summer. This is most likely going to be a regular thing from Finfolk now, so if you'd rather save up for one of these tails than a silicone, it's much cheaper and you could get one from the next release.[/QUOTE/] i know thats why i said or maybe something like it but not exactly this exact one something simmiler

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 11:05 AM
im starting to like finfolk better than my finfun so by july 16th im going to get whatever model they have out by then it dosent have to be this exact one :)

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 11:07 AM
this is just such a nice looking fabric tail it looks so simmiler to silicone tails so my next tail might be from finfolk

MermaidMermeron(Cameron)
01-16-2018, 11:17 AM
this is just such a nice looking fabric tail it looks so simmiler to silicone tails so my next tail might be from finfolk
but i might still save up for a silicone tail and ask for a finfolk fabric tail for my birthday i got my finfun 4 years ago i think or maybe 5 - 7 years ago but my memory is foggy it could've just been 3 - 4 years ago i have taken really good care of my tail and i think that fabric tails are so cheap i could ask for another for my birthday or next Christmas but so far in allowence for my silicone tail i have 450$ and in 1-3 years i could get a job so i may have my silicone tail by 2024 - 2029 idk ... but im very exited

MermaidAuquita
01-16-2018, 06:41 PM
On there Instagram said that due to high demand they plan on bringing back the Island Iris this is the pink and purple tail review https://youtu.be/U19kiGzg5eQ

MermaidAuquita
01-21-2018, 07:29 PM
Did any of the golden fin people get there Tail yet

Nerdmaid Faith
01-21-2018, 10:00 PM
Alrighty folks I have emerged!
3 of my fellow mermaids of BC have gotten their tails from the Black Friday sale and I just got to see one today! @Mermaid_kaida on instagram got hers in the Sandy Shoal and boy oh boy do we have some things to say! Here's her unboxing - I highly recommend for her hilarious commentary!
(https://www.facebook.com/368114360012172/videos/947137938776475/)
Pros:
Oh mer gosh, it is a FinFolk tail,,, but in fabriiiiic! There is hope for us poor people! Except for the fact that us Canadians basically paid 500 for it, not including the monofin cost. Yipeeee
It has an amazing design and the fluke is just gorgeous
I was correct in that the 1mm neoprene is pretty nice to the touch, not transparent (black inside) and much thicker than the average fabric tail.
Seems to be pretty sturdy - great for Kaida as she does tons of photoshoots on rocky surfaces
It seriously looks legit in the water - we got a ton of curious stares from other lane swimmers
The body of the tail fits very well, has some stretch but conforms to your body quite nicely. I fit into the tail just fine and could make it work for my much smaller frame no problem.
The fluke looks pretty darn legit and flows great in the water but that comes at a large cost...

Cons:
Not as bright as in the pictures, the "sandy" colour is more of a brown
Some of the stitching at the side isn't as tight as it should be, Kaida mentioned something about a "serger???" If you saw my last video, you'll know that I don't have a clue when it comes to these things.
HOLY CARP THIS THING IS HARD TO SWIM IN!!!! And yes, I did get into it myself for a spin and well.... I am not impressed.
Granted, Kaida purchased the finis Foil instead of the Shooter with it so that might have something to do with the monofin's power in the tail but there are some things that I noticed when it came to this ridiculous fluke:
1. The vinyl is much thicker than anticipated and therefore heavy out of the water, and slightly floaty in the water.
2. The fluke had NO DRAINAGE! Literally, when we hauled the fluke onto the pool deck it looked like a waterbed and sloshed out a ton water when we squeezed it.
3. The stupid screws would keep being undone and cause the monofin to slide around. (this lead to an excellent pun battle between myself and Kaida's mertender)
4. The fluke would fill up with air as we lowered into the water, making it tricky to get into the pool without looking like you ate 4 balloons for breakfast.
5. It felt like I was swimming with a pull bouy or something. This tail has a ton of drag! I could barely swim 5m underwater without coming up for air. Today I managed to swim 25m underwater in my freaking Luna to give you some reference.
6. The massive size almost looks slightly out of place on a fabric tail and was interesting to work around. It certainly displaces a TON of water, due to its surface area.
7. Did I mention that this thing is hard to swim in?? Sure there is a learning curve with any tail, but to throw a beginner in this tail or a weak swimmer? Borderline unsafe, as a lifeguard I am officially calling it. Seriously, its not an ocean tail, at least from what I found. Granted, I could tread water and float in this thing but going fast? Not. A. Chance.

Now of course, these are my preliminary opinions based on one swim in someone elses tail, but I'm pretty sure about the fact that this tail is not a practical design for swimming. Too many moving parts and far too much drag to make it an enjoyable experience. I want to seriously caution you guys to take it SLOW on your first swim if you haven't gotten it already and be prepared that the vinyl is a pain in the butt.

The more info the better! Does any of this sound familiar to people who have swam in theirs yet?

OpheliaImmortal21
01-21-2018, 10:24 PM
If anyone figures out how to add drainage holes please post! I followed instructions to a T and still had air pockets in my fluke i was unable to get out! SOS

saborigakusei
01-22-2018, 07:19 AM
I had success eliminating air pockets by slowly lowering myself into the pool starting with the tips of my fluke. That said, I did have issues with the tail collecting air anytime part of it came out of the water (like when I dove down or did tail flips).

I do agree with faithonthebass - this tail is incredibly slow and tiring to swim in compared to my other ones. I think I may have had a slightly easier time due to my squeezing the mahina in there though.

I will definitely be trying to add drainage, I'll post an update when I do.

Sherielle
01-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Did any of the golden fin people get there Tail yet

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI haven't yet.

MermaidAuquita
01-22-2018, 10:22 AM
I haven't yet.

Was u one of them

Sherielle
01-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Was u one of them

yes

Nerdmaid Faith
01-22-2018, 01:28 PM
I had success eliminating air pockets by slowly lowering myself into the pool starting with the tips of my fluke. That said, I did have issues with the tail collecting air anytime part of it came out of the water (like when I dove down or did tail flips).

I do agree with faithonthebass - this tail is incredibly slow and tiring to swim in compared to my other ones. I think I may have had a slightly easier time due to my squeezing the mahina in there though.

I will definitely be trying to add drainage, I'll post an update when I do.Kaida and I would literally push down on the fluke in the water to get the air out. We determined that this tail has some of the awkwardness of a silicone tail but is still convenient and portable.

MermaidAuquita
01-22-2018, 03:54 PM
yes

Me too I’m obsessing checking my email for a notification but I texted them on Facebook again I’m just too excited [emoji38] this is my first tail like ever! I got the Island Iris

Mermaid Jaffa
01-23-2018, 03:32 AM
Open up some of the seams along the edge of the fluke. Picture it like the Fin Fun tails, how it has a big hole to put monofin in, instead of that big hole, undo a few stitches along the fluke edge, so you'll end up with many tiny holes. Make sure to secure remaining stitches so the whole thing doesn't come undone.

Sherielle
01-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Me too I’m obsessing checking my email for a notification but I texted them on Facebook again I’m just too excited [emoji38] this is my first tail like ever! I got the Island Iris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk I know they are on vacation right now and they had a minor emergency right before they left so some of the tails they were shipping did not go out in time. I'm just gonna be patient and when mine arrives, it will be like christmas all over again. lol.

Sherielle
01-23-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm curious if anyone is going to do any modifications to theirs. I'm considering getting a dorsal and possibles side fins from Fancy Fish

MermaidAuquita
01-23-2018, 11:42 AM
I know they are on vacation right now and they had a minor emergency right before they left so some of the tails they were shipping did not go out in time. I'm just gonna be patient and when mine arrives, it will be like christmas all over again. lol.

Thank u I didn’t know that

Nerdmaid Faith
01-23-2018, 03:00 PM
I'm curious if anyone is going to do any modifications to theirs. I'm considering getting a dorsal and possibles side fins from Fancy FishMy friend Kaida is going to do exactly that but with pectoral fins

BlueCorvidae
01-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Alrighty folks I have emerged!
3 of my fellow mermaids of BC have gotten their tails from the Black Friday sale and I just got to see one today! @Mermaid_kaida on instagram got hers in the Sandy Shoal and boy oh boy do we have some things to say! Here's her unboxing - I highly recommend for her hilarious commentary!
(https://www.facebook.com/368114360012172/videos/947137938776475/)
Pros:
Oh mer gosh, it is a FinFolk tail,,, but in fabriiiiic! There is hope for us poor people! Except for the fact that us Canadians basically paid 500 for it, not including the monofin cost. Yipeeee
It has an amazing design and the fluke is just gorgeous
I was correct in that the 1mm neoprene is pretty nice to the touch, not transparent (black inside) and much thicker than the average fabric tail.
Seems to be pretty sturdy - great for Kaida as she does tons of photoshoots on rocky surfaces
It seriously looks legit in the water - we got a ton of curious stares from other lane swimmers
The body of the tail fits very well, has some stretch but conforms to your body quite nicely. I fit into the tail just fine and could make it work for my much smaller frame no problem.
The fluke looks pretty darn legit and flows great in the water but that comes at a large cost...

Cons:
Not as bright as in the pictures, the "sandy" colour is more of a brown
Some of the stitching at the side isn't as tight as it should be, Kaida mentioned something about a "serger???" If you saw my last video, you'll know that I don't have a clue when it comes to these things.
HOLY CARP THIS THING IS HARD TO SWIM IN!!!! And yes, I did get into it myself for a spin and well.... I am not impressed.
Granted, Kaida purchased the finis Foil instead of the Shooter with it so that might have something to do with the monofin's power in the tail but there are some things that I noticed when it came to this ridiculous fluke:
1. The vinyl is much thicker than anticipated and therefore heavy out of the water, and slightly floaty in the water.
2. The fluke had NO DRAINAGE! Literally, when we hauled the fluke onto the pool deck it looked like a waterbed and sloshed out a ton water when we squeezed it.
3. The stupid screws would keep being undone and cause the monofin to slide around. (this lead to an excellent pun battle between myself and Kaida's mertender)
4. The fluke would fill up with air as we lowered into the water, making it tricky to get into the pool without looking like you ate 4 balloons for breakfast.
5. It felt like I was swimming with a pull bouy or something. This tail has a ton of drag! I could barely swim 5m underwater without coming up for air. Today I managed to swim 25m underwater in my freaking Luna to give you some reference.
6. The massive size almost looks slightly out of place on a fabric tail and was interesting to work around. It certainly displaces a TON of water, due to its surface area.
7. Did I mention that this thing is hard to swim in?? Sure there is a learning curve with any tail, but to throw a beginner in this tail or a weak swimmer? Borderline unsafe, as a lifeguard I am officially calling it. Seriously, its not an ocean tail, at least from what I found. Granted, I could tread water and float in this thing but going fast? Not. A. Chance.

Now of course, these are my preliminary opinions based on one swim in someone elses tail, but I'm pretty sure about the fact that this tail is not a practical design for swimming. Too many moving parts and far too much drag to make it an enjoyable experience. I want to seriously caution you guys to take it SLOW on your first swim if you haven't gotten it already and be prepared that the vinyl is a pain in the butt.

The more info the better! Does any of this sound familiar to people who have swam in theirs yet?

I took mine for it's first swim yesterday. This is my first ever tail, so I have nothing to compare it to. I also bought it with the foil, which is my first monofin. (I've swam with dual fins before.)

I am not an incompetent swimmer, but I am pretty slow in the water. I was still faster in this tail than I am when I swim without any gear. So I haven't noticed any of the issues with drag and the like, then again, I haven't used anything like a finfun before. The fluke was heavy pulling out of the water though, I probably pulled about four gallons of water out with it. The feel of the vinyl isn't a problem if you have a decent pair of neoprene socks on. I also left the screws in the position that they were shipped to me in, so I haven't had a problem with them yet either. I may take them out entirely though.

I'm going to agree with you on safety. This IS a difficult tail to get out of, so I'm going to avoid swimming anywhere with a current and I definitely won't be swimming without a buddy who isn't in a tail.

MermaidAuquita
01-28-2018, 05:55 PM
For the golden fin people here’s what FinFolk said https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180128/8952d11f88746bb28ebc24bddae0d932.jpg

MermaidAuquita
01-31-2018, 06:51 PM
FinFolk Productions just posted on instagram https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/862c93984dc2e050b6c70c08153773e5.jpg

Magi
02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
So my tail shipped out yesterday and it's looking like I'll be getting it early next week. Not sure when is the earliest I can test it out in water, but news on how the XXS and an Aquarius monofin all fit to come soonish =D

MermaidAuquita
02-02-2018, 06:00 PM
So my tail shipped out yesterday and it's looking like I'll be getting it early next week. Not sure when is the earliest I can test it out in water, but news on how the XXS and an Aquarius monofin all fit to come soonish =D

What color of Tail did u get?

Magi
02-02-2018, 09:13 PM
What color of Tail did u get?

I’m gonna be a Peachy Keen mer ^.^

MermaidAuquita
02-03-2018, 10:51 PM
My TAIL AS FINALLY SHIPPED IT SHOULD BE HERE TUESDAY

Mermaid Holly
02-03-2018, 11:36 PM
My TAIL AS FINALLY SHIPPED IT SHOULD BE HERE TUESDAY

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkCongrats!

Mer Coralia
02-06-2018, 01:54 AM
It's been so hard trying to write my experiences with this tail and my initial thoughts. Not sure why but here it finally goes:

(Please note my only tail swimming before this was in a FinFun once two years ago; and to date I've swam in my Sapphire four times)

It's really easy to swim in and it's easier to turn in once you get accustomed to the fluke size. I use a wave monofin and I feel that it help holds its shape more so than the shooter which makes it more flowy. You need a monofin in it even when you're just posing cause the vinyl just keeps the fluke shape not keep it sturdy, it's just too floppy without it. I don't notice drag but I am a strong swimmer and I don't find swimming a workout (I never feel tire or sore from it, no matter how long/far I've swam) so that might just be me; my friend who I often swim with, has commented on the drag compared to his Mertailer fabric tail. I also don't have issues with the vinyl slipping, it is really sticky to its self.

I've seen four variations in person: Sea Sapphire (mine), Starcrossed Silver (friend's), Island Iris and Plumeria Pink. All the fluke variations: Lorena, Lotus and Nymph. I feel that the Lotus is the largest, the Lorena the longest and the Nymph the smallest of the three. I transport mine in a HOF bag that hasn't been flipped yet. It makes it so easy to carry.

The colors are all gorgeous. Since having it in person, the three-dimensional affect has softened to me and it's more obvious its a fabric tail opposed to just seeing it in pictures. I hope that makes sense. I'm not sure to describe it.

I know people have issues with screws. I have not. Nor do I find the tail heavy except when it balloons from holding too much water in the fluke. The air bubbles were especially difficult the fourth time for whatever reason, you can swim most of them out though. I'm adding drainage in my fluke to beat both these problems. I'll let you know how it works from my next swim hopefully later this week.

I do have tiny holes in mine, all on the bottom two directly from the monofin heel; the holes show that the printed fabric is different layer of neoprene. I patched these with neoprene glue, which to be honest didn't do the best job since I kept messing with it (I didn't want to sew it). So only one of the holes looks good, the other didn't line up correctly and the third has tape stuck in it. I'm hoping a swim will take those pieces out. Another note on the neoprene, I feel mine has stretched out around the fluke since the vinyl isn't as snuggly -it was really tough to take out the first time. I feel even though it helps the drying process by taking them out, I won't be taking them out too often because I feel that it stretches the neoprene a bit when you're fighting to get it back in.

I have noticed (from other pod members) that depending what size you get, the scales end differently around the waist. Both smalls I've seen have that short blended waist of the scales from regular size getting smaller towards the waist. The other sizes can have a much longer waist blend to where its not scales and some don't even have it, it just ends at the regular scales pattern. So it gives the tails a sense of uniqueness.

The zipper is noticeable but there's pros and cons of that to personal choice. Personally I would have preferred a black zipper but most people are using sharpie to cover it which works perfectly fine. The seams are noticeable in the sense that the scales don't line up. I don't notice the thread seams until it gets darker towards the base of my tail. I fit my size perfectly minus the butt so I feel thats unavoidable unless its not snugly. It does not stretch much so do pay attention to the size measurements and if you're confused email the girls. Thankfully I didn't have a length problem, not that it was really an option for me. It does come just short of my waist so yay for a bit of a an awkward muffin top which isn't fixable since I have a longer monofin. The shooter is shorter than the wave so you can adjust so it comes up slightly more.

Oh last thing hopefully. The chlorine is KILLER on the darker parts of my tail. It's starting to turn it white, which disappears underwater but is noticeable out of the water when dried. If you use it in a chlorinated pool, you need to soak it and rinse it out really well to prevent that.

So yay! That's hopefully everything. I'll share how my drainage holes work once I finish them and test it out.

I absolutely love it. I think its really good if you're going for silicone since its the size of one, just not the weight.

MermaidAuquita1998
02-06-2018, 05:48 PM
It's been so hard trying to write my experiences with this tail and my initial thoughts. Not sure why but here it finally goes:

(Please note my only tail swimming before this was in a FinFun once two years ago; and to date I've swam in my Sapphire four times)

It's really easy to swim in and it's easier to turn in once you get accustomed to the fluke size. I use a wave monofin and I feel that it help holds its shape more so than the shooter which makes it more flowy. You need a monofin in it even when you're just posing cause the vinyl just keeps the fluke shape not keep it sturdy, it's just too floppy without it. I don't notice drag but I am a strong swimmer and I don't find swimming a workout (I never feel tire or sore from it, no matter how long/far I've swam) so that might just be me; my friend who I often swim with, has commented on the drag compared to his Mertailer fabric tail. I also don't have issues with the vinyl slipping, it is really sticky to its self.

I've seen four variations in person: Sea Sapphire (mine), Starcrossed Silver (friend's), Island Iris and Plumeria Pink. All the fluke variations: Lorena, Lotus and Nymph. I feel that the Lotus is the largest, the Lorena the longest and the Nymph the smallest of the three. I transport mine in a HOF bag that hasn't been flipped yet. It makes it so easy to carry.

The colors are all gorgeous. Since having it in person, the three-dimensional affect has softened to me and it's more obvious its a fabric tail opposed to just seeing it in pictures. I hope that makes sense. I'm not sure to describe it.

I know people have issues with screws. I have not. Nor do I find the tail heavy except when it balloons from holding too much water in the fluke. The air bubbles were especially difficult the fourth time for whatever reason, you can swim most of them out though. I'm adding drainage in my fluke to beat both these problems. I'll let you know how it works from my next swim hopefully later this week.

I do have tiny holes in mine, all on the bottom two directly from the monofin heel; the holes show that the printed fabric is different layer of neoprene. I patched these with neoprene glue, which to be honest didn't do the best job since I kept messing with it (I didn't want to sew it). So only one of the holes looks good, the other didn't line up correctly and the third has tape stuck in it. I'm hoping a swim will take those pieces out. Another note on the neoprene, I feel mine has stretched out around the fluke since the vinyl isn't as snuggly -it was really tough to take out the first time. I feel even though it helps the drying process by taking them out, I won't be taking them out too often because I feel that it stretches the neoprene a bit when you're fighting to get it back in.

I have noticed (from other pod members) that depending what size you get, the scales end differently around the waist. Both smalls I've seen have that short blended waist of the scales from regular size getting smaller towards the waist. The other sizes can have a much longer waist blend to where its not scales and some don't even have it, it just ends at the regular scales pattern. So it gives the tails a sense of uniqueness.

The zipper is noticeable but there's pros and cons of that to personal choice. Personally I would have preferred a black zipper but most people are using sharpie to cover it which works perfectly fine. The seams are noticeable in the sense that the scales don't line up. I don't notice the thread seams until it gets darker towards the base of my tail. I fit my size perfectly minus the butt so I feel thats unavoidable unless its not snugly. It does not stretch much so do pay attention to the size measurements and if you're confused email the girls. Thankfully I didn't have a length problem, not that it was really an option for me. It does come just short of my waist so yay for a bit of a an awkward muffin top which isn't fixable since I have a longer monofin. The shooter is shorter than the wave so you can adjust so it comes up slightly more.

Oh last thing hopefully. The chlorine is KILLER on the darker parts of my tail. It's starting to turn it white, which disappears underwater but is noticeable out of the water when dried. If you use it in a chlorinated pool, you need to soak it and rinse it out really well to prevent that.

So yay! That's hopefully everything. I'll share how my drainage holes work once I finish them and test it out.

I absolutely love it. I think its really good if you're going for silicone since its the size of one, just not the weight.My TAIL CAME

https://youtu.be/BOyq44bfIA8

gay-mermaid
02-07-2018, 12:22 AM
My TAIL CAME

https://youtu.be/BOyq44bfIA8

im so happy for you!!!!!!!

MermaidAuquita1998
02-07-2018, 10:18 AM
im so happy for you!!!!!!!

Thank i

MermaidAuquita1998
02-07-2018, 10:18 AM
im so happy for you!!!!!!!Thank you

Magi
02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Well, I'm unsure how I feel about how this tail fits me ever so slightly. I've heard from several mers that the tail fit differently once they got it in the water, but from trying on my tail yesterday I'm wondering if my tail is just too tight. I was able to get it on, but I can't get it higher than my hip bones and there's some slight muffin topping on my back.
How is the tail fitting for you guys? Think I should return for a size up (it is still in stock) or should this be fine?

MermaidAuquita1998
02-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Well, I'm unsure how I feel about how this tail fits me ever so slightly. I've heard from several mers that the tail fit differently once they got it in the water, but from trying on my tail yesterday I'm wondering if my tail is just too tight. I was able to get it on, but I can't get it higher than my hip bones and there's some slight muffin topping on my back.
How is the tail fitting for you guys? Think I should return for a size up (it is still in stock) or should this be fine?My tail fits me great

MermaidAuquita1998
02-07-2018, 01:52 PM
How is the tail fitting for you guys? Think I should return for a size up (it is still in stock) or should this be fine?You should probably keep it because I doubt they will be coming back

Mermaid Cetea
02-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Hi. I'm a fluffy mermaid, and I received my tail today! I'm not sure if the pics I tried to post will work lol..... I haven't had the opportunity to swim with it just yet, but here's what I noticed while trying it on.

The fluke is much heavier than I expected. I would definitely consider a rigid monofin in this tail as opposed to a floppy one. I ordered a finis shooter, but all I had for today was a fin fun monofin. Also, the finfun fit, but after a few minutes in it I would not recommend trying to swim with a finfun in this tail. It just isn't durable enough for it.

I ordered an XXL, and most of the measurements were spot on. I did notice that the hips are actually a little too wide for me, and it wrinkles up there (refer to the picture where I look like a sausage lol). I'm going to try to take that in, but idk how that is going to go.

The zipper is white. I know that isn't news. I haven't sharpied mine yet, so you can still see how it looked initially.

I was in the tail for 10 minutes maybe? I noticed that the vinyl insert actually shifted a bit inside the tail and spun a little to the left, making it weighted weirdly. I took it off and re positioned it, and it happened again. more research to come on why that's happening...

Also, confirmed, the pattern does not fade on the larger sizes. the scales go right up to the waist. I think that might be a positive thing, as it hid some of my lumpyness lol.

I'll report when I have a better monofin and some swim experience in this tail to comment on.

MermaidAuquita
02-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Hi. I'm a fluffy mermaid, and I received my tail today! I'm not sure if the pics I tried to post will work lol..... I haven't had the opportunity to swim with it just yet, but here's what I noticed while trying it on.

The fluke is much heavier than I expected. I would definitely consider a rigid monofin in this tail as opposed to a floppy one. I ordered a finis shooter, but all I had for today was a fin fun monofin. Also, the finfun fit, but after a few minutes in it I would not recommend trying to swim with a finfun in this tail. It just isn't durable enough for it.

I ordered an XXL, and most of the measurements were spot on. I did notice that the hips are actually a little too wide for me, and it wrinkles up there (refer to the picture where I look like a sausage lol). I'm going to try to take that in, but idk how that is going to go.

The zipper is white. I know that isn't news. I haven't sharpied mine yet, so you can still see how it looked initially.

I was in the tail for 10 minutes maybe? I noticed that the vinyl insert actually shifted a bit inside the tail and spun a little to the left, making it weighted weirdly. I took it off and re positioned it, and it happened again. more research to come on why that's happening...

Also, confirmed, the pattern does not fade on the larger sizes. the scales go right up to the waist. I think that might be a positive thing, as it hid some of my lumpyness lol.

I'll report when I have a better monofin and some swim experience in this tail to comment on.

Omg So did I https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/857c05977af8675b60827df3c50c81e9.jpg

shimmygoddess
02-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Regarding sizing: I had to exchange. I originally got an XS, but it was way too tight, so I exchanged for a Small. For reference my waist is 27 and hips 36. It fit much better, but the waist still was too snug for my liking. (lots of muffin top). Plus it was very long and I am short torso'd. I took out all the stitches in the waistband and completely took out the elastic. I just folded it over a bit more and tacked it down enough so that I could swim in it the other day. It stayed up just fine without an elastic and was much more comfy on the waist

Mermaid Kane
02-08-2018, 11:26 AM
These tails have gorgeous colors.

butterflybuttons
02-09-2018, 01:54 AM
I keep checking the tracking on my tail, haha, I'm so excited for it to arrive but it's probably still going to be another week or two. Why is Australia so far away lol!

BlueCorvidae
02-10-2018, 09:36 AM
I kind of wish drag was as big of a problem for me as it is for other mers with these tails. I accidentally propelled myself way too deep while taking mine to the springs for the first time. My ear ended up filling up with water so much I couldn't hear from it, and today it feels bruised. I was just trying to go under the water, I accidentally shot down about 20 feet or so... :$