PDA

View Full Version : what makes a mermaid?

Odette
03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
What do you expect from a mermaid performance? what standards to you put for yourself?what requirements do you have for yourself as a mermaid?

Nate Walis
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
In many ways, unless totally subjective, this is the same question as: how long is a piece of string.

Odette
03-13-2012, 08:30 PM
i need everyones personal idea of a mermaid performance.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
My personal opinion is a bit different depending on the age groups and the gig.

For instance, for a little kiddo's birthday party, anything from simple swimming with the kids, to putting on a show could be neccassary. If it's a dry gig, maybe just sitting and interacting with the kids while they open presents.

For the older kids, maybe even teenagers, I think you need something more along the lines of a swimming show as well as interactive swimming. You'd probably have to have some games or other such things on hand too.

For adults, well, I really can't say. It could be everything from simply sit and take photos to watch me swim in the pool to a full on show.

I know this isn't exactly helpful, but really, mermaid performances are almost a case by case sort of thing.

Odette
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I know this isn't exactly helpful, but really, mermaid performances are almost a case by case sort of thing.
it totally is helpful to me. thank you so much
i do swimming mermaid mostly but i want to make sure what i do matches with what the audience expects of me then take it further.i have been asked to do things in the past that i wasnt ready for.trying to prepare for whatever can be thrown at me.
i have something huge on the works thats pretty unique and expensive but once i get the copyright,i will share with everyone. i should really be asking people in the communtiy but i found this to be easier and less scary ^^
and i will have to do that anyways so what was i thinking? i have so much going on right now. its crazy
thanks,Lorelei

Mermaid Lorelei
03-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm glad I could help. :>

Prince Calypso
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
when i actually start preforming (which i intend to do this summer) i want to convey a sense of fantasy and beauty. i also want to be able to educate people about bullying and encourage LGBT youth.

from the performance of another mermaid i want all the same and more. beauty, Majesty and the ability to make me walk away saying "wow i learned something new today... and from a mermaid omg "