PDA

View Full Version : Getting your tail through Australian customs

Mermaid_Salacia
11-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone!

So my tail is currently stuck in Customs in Melbourne. It has been held there since 19/11/2017. How long should I wait for them to contact me about if I need to pay taxes? What are your experiences getting mermaid gear through customs.

Mermaid Lilija
11-21-2017, 07:59 AM
I'd suggest to call them yourself. I live in Europe had a tail coming from Hawaii. If I hadn't called I would never probably had my tail... so calling is the option!

Mermaid_Salacia
11-22-2017, 03:20 AM
I called them today and wasn't given much info at all. I'll wait another week and then call them again.

Mermaid Lilija
11-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Keep pushing. Call to your local post office or something. That's how I did it. Good luck!

Mermaid_Salacia
11-28-2017, 05:58 AM
I finally got a letter yesterday asking me to lodge a tarrif declaration, which I have now sent off. Fins crossed it doesn't take too long now. I just want my baby.

Mermaid Salty
12-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Salacia, how are you going with getting your hands on your fins? Has it come through yet?

Mermaid_Salacia
12-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Thus far I am still waiting. I paid the fees and taxes on it about a week and a half ago (after they finally got around to sending an invoice). Customs said she would be released to AusPost and expected delivery was last week. However, Aus Post have not updated the tracking so it still says that it's in customs. Your girl is feeling a wee bit stressed because I have no idea where in this giant country my poor Baby is.

Mermaid Salty
12-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Ah deary me. That is stressful indeed. But have faith! I am sure it will be in your arms soon. Government can be incredibly slow in processing, but AusPost are actually awesome - it is likely in a large depot in Sydney or Melbourne and once it is travelling, it will only take a few days. Just breathe! The wait will be over soon.

Mermaid_Salacia
12-10-2017, 08:22 PM
I just lurk by the letter box each day, hoping today will be the day.

Mermaid_Salacia
12-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Got a letter saying that customs haven't even sent it out even though I paid for it!!! Another long phone call.

Mermaid Salty
12-10-2017, 11:12 PM
Who is it coming from? Aussie customs are a major pain. I've shipped all sorts of things overseas and back to Aus for performances and mate, it is a slog communicating with them and adhering to all the regulations. I've got my fingers crossed that this all gets resolved for you soon.

Mermaid_Salacia
12-11-2017, 04:56 AM
It's a Mernation tail. Mernation have been fantastic helping where they could. I finally got through to customs and apparently there was a problem with the automatic release of the parcel so even though I got the thing saying it was cleared it wasn't registering as such on their end. Got an email saying they'd fixed it so fins crossed it's on its way. Annoyed it's taken so long because I've missed out on shoots and events because it wasn't here in time.

Mermaid Salty
12-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Ah man, a full month just loitering in customs! I feel your frustration. But it sounds like they've got their act together now. I'm super excited to see it! Please post some photos!

Mermaid_Salacia
12-14-2017, 02:12 AM

BABY IS HOME!!! I'll post the unboxing video as soon as it has finished exporting.

Mermaid Salty
12-14-2017, 04:09 AM
You beauty! The tail is gorgeous. Look at that fluke! Very happy for you dear.

Mermaid_Salacia
12-14-2017, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlukBeoXMQA&feature=youtu.be

Unboxing video finally finished rendering and uploading! It took forever!!!!!!!!!

Mermaid Adrienne
06-16-2018, 06:21 AM
Mine went through customs as well... got stuck there... had to call melbourne customs and get the tarrif signed.. plus paid an extra 300 for it to be released. really not necessary.