PDA

View Full Version : Hello hello from Alaska! :)

NorthernPearl
03-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Hello, all! I'm Pearl. (One of my given names, and awfully convenient in terms of merstuff!) I'm from Alaska, and do most of my swimming in lakes and pools. The ocean here is too cold for me. :) Someday I'd like to go swimming where the ocean's a bit warmer, though.

I don't have a tail, though I'll probably start saving my spare change for a monofin. (The Oceanika MerFins look really cool... anyone have any experience with them?) I've always thought of myself as a waterbaby, though, and recently rediscovered just how much I love being in the water after having been out of it for a long time. Amazing how you can forget or put aside something like that... being back in the water really did feel like coming home.

In unwatery stuff, I'm a college student, I love reading and movies (I just love stories, really), I love animals in general, and I'm always obsessing over something new I want to learn about. I also take bellydancing classes when I can, which I love. Not sure what else to tell you all about myself... guess I'll just wave hello! :)

Azurin Luna
03-16-2012, 02:34 AM
Welcome! :D

There is a forum thread about the ocianica mono fin. If I remember correctly she said it was good for pools but not much for sea swimming

NorthernPearl
03-16-2012, 03:11 AM
I was just reading that just now! It looks like it would suit what I'd like to use it for very well.

Thanks so much for the kind welcome. This seems like a wonderful community!

-Annwyn-
03-16-2012, 04:34 AM
The Oceanika merfin is fine for ocean swimming. In my review, I stated that it was just not suitable if you desired to go fast. That's all.

NorthernPearl
03-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Aela, your video review was great! Love being able to see the fin in action. Thanks for doing it!

-Annwyn-
03-16-2012, 06:30 AM
No worries! Thought I'd 'take one for the team' ;)

OrcaMatt
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
The ocean here is too cold for me.Hello, have you considered a career in the exciting and glamorous field of 'being an orca'? :cool:

NorthernPearl
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
LOL That's a really nice "I'm an Orca - Ask Me How!" button you have there! xD I briefly considered it when I ran across the orca school/cabal/tribe thread - I love orcas! I'm more of a beluga kind of girl, though. Maybe I could be a black sheep tagalong. Can orcas have groupies?

OrcaMatt
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
LOL That's a really nice "I'm an Orca - Ask Me How!" button you have there! xD I briefly considered it when I ran across the orca school/cabal/tribe thread - I love orcas! I'm more of a beluga kind of girl, though. Maybe I could be a black sheep tagalong. Can orcas have groupies?Well, give it a try! Can always go back :D

And yes, we can definitely have groupies*!

*Groupers? Yum! Remember, always pet your grouper head to tail, because of the spines

NorthernPearl
03-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Inspiration has struck... I may just be tempted to be orcalicious after all! If I can just somehow miraculously get the picture in my brain onto paper or screen I'd have a start, anyway. They're just so darned pretty, it's hard to resist.

And that's true about groupers. A very good bass-ic to remember. :)

OrcaMatt
03-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Inspiration has struck... I may just be tempted to be orcalicious after all! If I can just somehow miraculously get the picture in my brain onto paper or screen I'd have a start, anyway. They're just so darned pretty, it's hard to resist.

And that's true about groupers. A very good bass-ic to remember. :)Awesome, glad to hear it! Of course let me know if there's any way I can help :D