PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Tattoo's?

Amethyst
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I was just wondering what people's views were on tattoos :) Do you all have mermaid or mermaid inspired tatts?? :D I have one tattoo but it's a celtic sister knot, I was thinking of a mermaid one for the future. Anyone wanna show their ink?? :)

I think this is kinda pretty :)
2042Ooooops didn't think this pic was going to be so big!!! :O

Gem Stone
03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
No tattoos for me. Well, maybe temporary ones, but that's it

MermaidParties
03-16-2012, 05:33 PM
www.facebook.com/mermaidparties will be featuring tattooed mermaids soon. You should check it out. The owner has a whole sleeve mermaid scene tattoo. It's awesome!

New York Mermaid
03-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Im workign on getting a tattoo but more cetacean related, than mermaid

Bellasea
03-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I want to get a tattoo. I'm not sure what yet but I know it will be either be meraid related or squid/octopi. Also my mom is getting a mermaid on her calf. Once she gets it I will post a picture.

Amethyst
03-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm really in love with these designs but I'd want them in colour :)

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I plan on getting a full leg tattoo that is a mix of imagery important to my life in tribal design organically mixed with the swirls of traditional henna body art. A mermaid will certainly be included in it :) Ideally I want it to grow up my back but for professional mermaiding reason I'll keep it no higher then the butt until I'm done swimming for money ^_^

Some day I will get it, someday.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I know Raven has a lovely tattoo (or multiple) on her back. I actually think it adds to the mermaid look.

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I know but I don't think a tattoo growing out of my tail would help with the reality ^_^ Sort of like a tree with no roots and floating in the sky :P

Mermaid Lorelei
03-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Haha, yeah, I suppose that's true.

Spindrift
03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I think that some tattoos are done very tastefully and on others they just don't work. I don't think I could ever personally get one because 1) I wouldn't be able to deal with having someone else's art "branding" me (so if I did get one I'd have to design it myself) and 2) I would want to change it every week! Maybe henna is the best option for me :P

My brother has a lot of tattoos though. I think they look nice on him. Although he was definitely way too young to get them when he did.

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Henna is an excellent option once I'm done fully designing mine i want to have it put on me with henna so I can live with it for a while before committing.

Gem Stone
03-21-2012, 01:21 AM
What henna?

Amethyst
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
That's a good idea @Mermaid Sirena :)

@Gem Stone - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna)Henna tattoos, is another form of temporary tattoo. Coming from a south Asian tradition, henna uses a paste made from the powdered leaves of the Henna plant. Its active dye, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsone) binds with the keratin in skin, fingernails, and hair. Traditional henna is drawn in delicate patterns on the hands and feet, but modern henna is applied in all sorts of designs anywhere on the body. Unlike other forms of temporary tattoos, henna does not allow for a full range of colors but only shades of reds, browns, and near-blacks. The paste is applied and left on the skin for several hours to stain. The stain will gradually fade away as the skin sheds. Henna tattoos can last days to over a month depending on application and aftercare. :)

Mermaasai
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
oooooh mers I have a ton of ink...
None of it is mermaid tattoos but its all very tribal and flowy. A lot of it was inspired by my surroundings so its very earthy and animal based.

I have two sets of wings (down my arms and my back) a large crest on my center back, my right arm from the elbow down has a long tattoo on the inner side.
The left arm from the elbow down has a snake (black mamba) curling around it all the way to my thumb.
I have chest tattoos to match my shoulder/arm wings.
A small heart with wings on my right hip (long story)
and a long tribal tattoo matching my shoulders and chest that wraps from my upper hip across part of my back and all the way to my pelvic bone and then all the way down the side of my leg to my ankle..

Also- my fingers are tattooed..

lots of ink... I'm hoping to incorporate my ink into my tail at some point, like make it look like my tail is also tattooed (to match my leg tattoo) but we will see, if mermaid parties does a great job on my latex tail this time around I will probably order another with said inking designs.

Mermaid Sirena
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
My understanding is that you can 'tattoo' silicone so perhaps if you purchased a pure silicone tail from Mike, Raven or Eric you could then take it to an artist or a school and have them actually tattoo your tail.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I've actually been planning on doing just this to my boyfriend's tail.

Mermaid Sirena
03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
You should! I would look fintastic I think :) What sort of tattoo's are you thinking about for a tail? Lorelei? Mermaasai?

Mermaid Lorelei
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Epic tribal. XD

Amethyst
03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Tattoos on your tails would look awesome!! :D

Mermaid Photine
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Ooooh! Amythyst! What an idea!

But what would they be "made" from? Sea plant dyes? Octopus ink? with trained swordfish with whittled down noses? Oh, the story possibilities!

Amethyst
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
lol! Wow your really creative @MermaidPandorah!! :D Those are good questions!! lol :D

Mermaid Photine
03-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Aww, thanks, Gem Stone! :$

I think this technically still is on topic, but ignore me if it isn't:

What do you all think that a mermaid's tatoos would look like?
I could see big typhoon scenes on the mermaid in a single colour with a sketchy style reminiscent of barnacles.

taom
03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
When I think of a mermaid having a tattoo, I picture Samoan tribal art or something like that.

MermaidAubrin
03-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Oh wow! I lovee that first one, so pretty.

hehe now I want something like that. I do plan on getting a tattoo though, but I will make sure it completely un visible in normal clothing

green52
03-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Oh wow! I lovee that first one, so pretty.

hehe now I want something like that. I do plan on getting a tattoo though, but I will make sure it completely un visible in normal clothing

I like the first one as well. I think the scales would look better if they were small, but its a minor thing.

Mermaasi, what do you have tattooed on your fingers?

Lotus
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I have eight tattoos- but only two show when I am in my tail; a celtic heart knot on my right shoulder and moon and stars on the back of my neck. I guess the neck one doesn't really show, due to all the hair, but anyway....
I also have a blue and purple sun on my lower back with chinese kanji that says "dreamer" above that, another chinese symbol that means "strange" on my left ankle, a fairy and an orchid on my belly/left hip, and a large leg band on my upper right calf just below the knee- it's some tribal stuff and a medallion of a girl and a dolphin. Eventually I'll be getting a tummy tuck, so the orchid and fairy will be gone- I plan on moving them to my back, but I am going to redesign the fairy so she's a mermaid. after that, I'm going to have some mod work done on my calf band, all of my tats touched up, and something done to kinda tie em all together. It'll be a big back mural. If anyone asks me why a mermaid would be so inked up, my answer will be simple- I'm a mermaid! I'm around sailors, silly! :P

MermaidRaegan
04-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I have two tattoos as of now and one coming very, very soon: a tree with tangled roots growing out of a pool of water covering one entire calf, a tiny cat inside my elbow, and a star on my ankle. But I'm planning to get a design of scales up my bare calf either next fall or next spring: it's my first multi-colored tattoo, so I have to finish saving for my tail project first! XD But the tail I'm designing for myself right now actually has a "tattoo" on it that I'm very excited about.

Mermaid Dottie
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I've thought about "Tattooing" my tail, but for personal reasons I won't ever get my body permanently inked.
Henna, now... That's another matter.:)

Ayla of Duluth
04-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm linking this from my phone so idk if it'll work, but:

http://www.lolhome.com/img_big/funny-picture-9979524905.jpg

We really should mmake this site mobile device friendly. :)

Mermaid Photine
04-11-2012, 11:13 PM
^Gah! That took me a second to see it as a tattoo.
so awesome...

Mermaasai
04-12-2012, 12:02 AM
2444 My tattoos :p sorry they arent very clear... cell phone self taken pics ftl

Mermaid Marla
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow mermaasai those are some seriously awesome tatts! I have a small butterfly on my lower front under my bikini line and I just recently got a four inch seahorse on my lower back! Love it! I will be getting another one this month... I'm thinking of a manta ray or a couple colorful reef fish...

mermaidcatherine
04-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm planning to get a few tattoos, but none of them mer related. I'm planning to get a religion related one (i grew up very religious) and an ED Recovery tattoo. :)

Amethyst, I love that picture of Ariel!

MermaidParties
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
It's not finished yet (hopefully soon haha) but I wanted to share my mermaid tattoo :)

Mermaasai
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
oOoOoO ballink ^.^ Sleeves FTW

malinghi
04-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Mermaasai, those are some awesome tattoos. What order did you get them in? When did you decide that you were going to get tattooed over most of your body?

Mermaasai
04-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Mermaasai, those are some awesome tattoos. What order did you get them in? When did you decide that you were going to get tattooed over most of your body?
Thank you!

My first tattoo was a smiling cheshire cat on my inner wrist.. Personally I would have gone bigger but tattoo artists generally require a bit more ink before agreeing to large pieces. Unfortunately...
Next was the wings across my arms and shoulders. They are based on weaver bird wings (african weaver birds were a big part of my life as a small child)
Then came my lower back dragonfly based wings.
Then the right wrist/arm that says Dia Do'ahm Nar Lagai "May god not weaken your hand" with a musically based strip in the center.
Then my large back crest with the lion, birds, lamb, roses, nautical star, skull, and thorns. Lion for africa, lamb for the cattle based maasai, nautical star for my extensive world travels, skull for the death and destruction that plagues africa/the world, roses for the beauty and thorns for the cost of it all.
Then my chest, mainly as an extension of my shoulders and back wings.
Fingers came next "Live Free" (for obvious reasons but there are some deep roots for it stemming from the persecution and tribalism in africa as a whole) and below that "Ride Hard" For my passion for motorcycling. I've been riding since I was 5.
Then my long leg piece. Also an extension. (tail feathers if you may lol)
And finally my black mamba on my left arm. The mamba was a tribute piece for a man that had a huge impact on my life. He died right around the time I got the tattoo done. Its a redemption piece. Long story.

And I think thats it ^.^
I am still going to get a weaver bird on my right hand/wrist that matches the mamba, and a purely maasai inspired piece on my ankle. My hubby is still fighting to keep my legs fairly clean but we shall see o.O

Bellasea
04-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I was hopping if there were any artistic mers outhere that would be willing to do a sketch for me. My mom wants to get a mermaid on her calf, but she can't find any pics of what she wants. She wants the mermadi to be on her stomach, with her tail up in the air behind her.
something like this >https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG8c525qPGhf0QF6A6wxATi5r-v__B1kcrfcoM-3LtnEEo1DlmxI7I6bIShe wants the mermaid to be in the water so the hair would be more flowey and the tail longer. She waants the mermaid to be reading a book
the fluke she wants to look this>https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxPq89dyt2Rg718hzKHACYM0Ug_tcQu QGyd2DXUCQhqK67-ajGj6v1Yhg
she really likes the curve-ey type

anything that anyone can provide would be wonderful! (if you do just scan the sketch and upload here please)
thank you!

Mermaasai
04-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I forgot to answer why I decided to get so much ink..
The tribe I grew up with often covered their bodies in scars, paint, intricate beading patterns and other adornments. I always found their expressions beautiful and wanted to emulate it even as a child. When I grew older I discovered tattoos and a whole new way to do things opened up. Maasai get keloids when they scar but I don't. So tats were the natural choice to decorate my skin. I've known since I was very young what I wanted to decorate my body with.
I like to say... a true tattoo artist doesn't put ink into your skin, all they do is scrape away the skin to uncover the beauty that is already there.

MermaidParties
04-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I like to say... a true tattoo artist doesn't put ink into your skin, all they do is scrape away the skin to uncover the beauty that is already there.
That's lovely Mermaasai! I tattooed for a few years and my boyfriend is a tattoo artist too. Being covered, we hear it all when it comes to tattoos, good and bad, but I've never here that before, I love it!
An old man approached me one day at a public event and said "You know, if you didn't fall asleep outside, people wouldn't feel the need to graffiti on you." That was the most interesting comment anyone ever made to me hahaha My tattoos make me feel like me and I wouldn't change that for anything.

Zarina, I would love to work on a sketch and upload it, it may take me a day or two, but I will definitely post it when I'm done :D

Blondie
04-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Here are some cool ones I found

NSFW (It's just a butt :P But still..)
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26hscSija1qjqwzso1_500.jpg

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0u9ymTmG41r8qwkpo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lykryd9LGb1r2ggdyo1_500.png

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6567004977_e817a5202b_b.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsxiv17ke1qffrppo1_500.png

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9xz5RPFj1qjsz43o1_500.jpg

NSFW (Boobs :P)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lszamfF4is1qdq7wio1_400.png

Bellasea
04-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Zarina, I would love to work on a sketch and upload it, it may take me a day or two, but I will definitely post it when I'm done :D

Thank you! We tried so hard to search the internet for something but couldn't find what we wanted. Also, neither of us can draw; I've always saidn that I can't even doodle.

MermaidParties
04-18-2012, 01:13 AM
lol awe my mom says that too. She says she has no idea where my artistic abilities came from lol I am working on that drawing now. I will post it tonight or tomorrow, whenever I think I'm finished hahaha I can't work on a drawing too long, because then I'll never quit changing things. Be back soon :D

MermaidParties
04-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Here's a quick sketch of an idea I had :) 2541

Bellasea
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Thank you! I love it! I will show text her the picture and see what she thinks!

MermaidParties
04-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Awesome! Sounds great! I can't wait to hear what she thinks. And if she wants any changes, just let me know :) It's still in pencil so it's easy to alter. I was happy to draw this up for her. I really hope she likes it :)

Bellasea
04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
My mom really likes it. She is going to see if it will. :)

MermaidParties
04-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm so glad! :D Let me know if she gets it. I would love to see it turned into a tattoo! :)

Bellasea
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
^^ Will do! :)

Tasha Mermaid
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh i LOVE the scales tattoo, I've been looking at it for ages thinking "i need that" lol, i don't have any tattoos but i know what i want...its a picture i draw on my hand ALL the time, its a pentacle with a crescent moon either side, i want my crescent moons to be a pink and my pentacle to be a light blue, I'm a pagan witch so its very sentimental to me .he only thing stopping me from getting it done is my extreme fear of needles, before anyone says needles don't hurt, hear me out.
My fear comes from being in hospital as a young child (i was 7 years old), they took blood off me every hour for 2 weeks (from my wrist) to create enough blood to give back to me in a transfusion when i had open heart surgery just after (i was born with childhood heart disease) those old style needles and every hour left me both woosey and in pain, team that up with the fact the main stream pathology needles leave my arms double there size like a bad allergy that both burns and is so sore. so yes fear of needles.

But i REALLY want my pentacle tattoo so I'm trying to figure out how to make it so i don't have a meltdown at the thought of it :S

Bellasea
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
^^ Have you considered henna? I know it is temporary, but you could just redo it when ever it needed to be.

MermaidParties
04-30-2012, 01:29 AM
But i REALLY want my pentacle tattoo so I'm trying to figure out how to make it so i don't have a meltdown at the thought of it :S

Hi Mermaid Lunali, I wanted to see if I could help you out with this. I, too, have a fear of needles but I am also covered in tattoos. Full sleeves, chest piece, ribs, legs, everywhere, literally. And every time I go to the doctor and they want to stick me with one of those 14 gauge needles to either draw blood or give me an injection it freaks me out. I have to concentrate on my breathing and I refuse to watch them do it or it makes me sick to my stomach and they give me ALL KINDS of grief. "You got all them tattoos and can't handle a tiny little shot." It makes me want to scream at them because tattoo needles are sooooo much different from a syringe. Hopefully this helps :) There are four layers of skin. A tattoo needle penetrates the first three layers to lay the tattoo ink just deep enough to stay. A syringe goes all the way into the muscle. A tattoo needle also moves at speeds so fast you don't even see it penetrating the skin. A syringe is slow and deliberate which makes me think it's more intimidating. Even though a tattoo takes time to do, it's not at all similar to getting stuck with a syringe. And as a tattoo artist, when a client comes in and tells me they have a fear of needles and really want their tattoo but are scared, I tell them, just don't watch, it really will help. And if you think you can't help but watch and it freaks you out, get it somewhere you have not choice but to not watch, like the shoulder blade, or any where on the back. And lastly, tattoos do hurt, but not bad enough to keep me from getting one, but I'd do all I could to avoid a shot. It's a mind thing. You want the tattoo so you deal with the pain but you don't want the shot, so it registers as something to fear in your brain.
I hope this helps and you can get your dream tattoo. If not, there is always henna, which is safe for anyone to use and pain free :) not to mention you can change your mind as much as you like. Tattoos aren't for everyone, but for those they are for, it's an incredible experience :D

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi Mermaid Lunali, I wanted to see if I could help you out with this. I, too, have a fear of needles but I am also covered in tattoos. Full sleeves, chest piece, ribs, legs, everywhere, literally. And every time I go to the doctor and they want to stick me with one of those 14 gauge needles to either draw blood or give me an injection it freaks me out. I have to concentrate on my breathing and I refuse to watch them do it or it makes me sick to my stomach and they give me ALL KINDS of grief. "You got all them tattoos and can't handle a tiny little shot." It makes me want to scream at them because tattoo needles are sooooo much different from a syringe. Hopefully this helps :) There are four layers of skin. A tattoo needle penetrates the first three layers to lay the tattoo ink just deep enough to stay. A syringe goes all the way into the muscle. A tattoo needle also moves at speeds so fast you don't even see it penetrating the skin. A syringe is slow and deliberate which makes me think it's more intimidating. Even though a tattoo takes time to do, it's not at all similar to getting stuck with a syringe. And as a tattoo artist, when a client comes in and tells me they have a fear of needles and really want their tattoo but are scared, I tell them, just don't watch, it really will help. And if you think you can't help but watch and it freaks you out, get it somewhere you have not choice but to not watch, like the shoulder blade, or any where on the back. And lastly, tattoos do hurt, but not bad enough to keep me from getting one, but I'd do all I could to avoid a shot. It's a mind thing. You want the tattoo so you deal with the pain but you don't want the shot, so it registers as something to fear in your brain.
I hope this helps and you can get your dream tattoo. If not, there is always henna, which is safe for anyone to use and pain free :) not to mention you can change your mind as much as you like. Tattoos aren't for everyone, but for those they are for, it's an incredible experience :D
one of my younger brothers has a fear of needles and just got a tat he said it wasn't that bad (he has gotten a second one ....i warned him about the addiction they cause lol) as for henna, I've done that, and I'm ALWAYS drawing my design on my hand in coloured pens i have been since high school so I'm way more used to seeing it then not seeing it (i was constantly in trouble for daring over myself hahah) I know i WILL get the tattoo but its just when lol, as for people telling me "drink alcohol you won't feel a thing" well, it won't work i can't even get tipsy

Oh and I'm worse then you ....im the weirdo running AWAY from the dr's office pale white sweaty and shaking ...they have to hold me down to give me one :S

MermaidParties
04-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Oh and I'm worse then you ....im the weirdo running AWAY from the dr's office pale white sweaty and shaking ...they have to hold me down to give me one :S

Aw!!! Once, when I was around 3 or 4 I had to get these shots in my feet for something that was wrong and the first time they had three straps across me, three nurses on top of me and my mom holding me down. haha I like to think that's where my fear of needles stems from because I swear to this day they were 4 inch long needles that went all the way in the top of my foot. NO THANK YOU!!!

'm ALWAYS drawing my design on my hand in coloured pens i have been since high school so I'm way more used to seeing it then not seeing it (i was constantly in trouble for daring over myself hahah)

I did that too!!! That's a sign you may get addicted after your first as well. The addiction comes from the feeling you get right after a new tattoo, it boosts your confidence and gives you something to show off and it's AWESOME :D

as for people telling me "drink alcohol you won't feel a thing"

That actually is true... but it is very bad to be drunk and get tattooed. It causes your blood to thin, you'll bleed more, have a higher chance of scarring and you'll have to have the tattoo redone :( You can take ibuprofen though before a tattoo, it can help with pain and possible swelling. And if you're really scared of the pain you can use tattoo numbing cream, usually with 5 or 6% lidocaine. You put it on the area to be tattooed, cover with plastic wrap for 2 hours and then the area is virtually numb. It doesn't work for everyone but it does significantly take the edge off for most. :)

Mermaid Rillia
04-30-2012, 03:35 AM
oooooh mers I have a ton of ink...
None of it is mermaid tattoos but its all very tribal and flowy. A lot of it was inspired by my surroundings so its very earthy and animal based.

I have two sets of wings (down my arms and my back) a large crest on my center back, my right arm from the elbow down has a long tattoo on the inner side.
The left arm from the elbow down has a snake (black mamba) curling around it all the way to my thumb.
I have chest tattoos to match my shoulder/arm wings.
A small heart with wings on my right hip (long story)
and a long tribal tattoo matching my shoulders and chest that wraps from my upper hip across part of my back and all the way to my pelvic bone and then all the way down the side of my leg to my ankle..

Also- my fingers are tattooed..

lots of ink... I'm hoping to incorporate my ink into my tail at some point, like make it look like my tail is also tattooed (to match my leg tattoo) but we will see, if mermaid parties does a great job on my latex tail this time around I will probably order another with said inking designs.

Mermaasai i have aheart with wings on my lower abdomen/pelvis area just below my belly button. and i have a small vine on my ribs.

The heart tattoo I got when i was 16 as a symbol of my grandmother. She always told me that the person who i was destined to be with would hold the key to my heart and would unlock all of my love. which could not have been more true. The vine was just a defiance against my mother :) ( i was such a lil rascal) sorry the pics are big :/
2745 NSFW Boob....but not really

and one more for good measure...done in pen by a friend in history class lol2747

Hoping for a chest piece soon as well just dont know of what yet.

MermaidRaegan
04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
DO NOT get a tattoo while drunk! That is all kinds of bad idea. Not to mention most artists won't even give a tattoo to something they think is intoxicated because of legal issues. Or at least, that's how it's been everywhere I go. (Lots of stressing in the waver on 'being of sound mind' etc.)

Also, I can confirm the above that tattoo needles just aren't the same. I nearly cried when getting my HPV vaccine; those needles gave me bruises! But whenever I've gotten a tattoo, even in places that go over the bone, I've spent the several hours of being in the chair chatting and joking around with the artists and any friends who tagged along. The pain is never as bad as my mind tries to tell me it will be before hand and the needles are COMPLETELY different in size and feel. Especially once you get to the multi-needle for shading and colors, those are a cake walk.

Lastly, might I just throw in my agreement that getting blood taken over and over should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. -_- Even though I won't diss donating blood, cause it saves lives.

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Aw!!! Once, when I was around 3 or 4 I had to get these shots in my feet for something that was wrong and the first time they had three straps across me, three nurses on top of me and my mom holding me down. haha I like to think that's where my fear of needles stems from because I swear to this day they were 4 inch long needles that went all the way in the top of my foot. NO THANK YOU!!!

Hahaha the last time i did it i was 23 ...and I'm turning 24 this year lol :P

I did that too!!! That's a sign you may get addicted after your first as well. The addiction comes from the feeling you get right after a new tattoo, it boosts your confidence and gives you something to show off and it's AWESOME :D

hahaha you are making me want one :P

That actually is true... but it is very bad to be drunk and get tattooed. It causes your blood to thin, you'll bleed more, have a higher chance of scarring and you'll have to have the tattoo redone :( You can take ibuprofen though before a tattoo, it can help with pain and possible swelling. And if you're really scared of the pain you can use tattoo numbing cream, usually with 5 or 6% lidocaine. You put it on the area to be tattooed, cover with plastic wrap for 2 hours and then the area is virtually numb. It doesn't work for everyone but it does significantly take the edge off for most. :)

I don't drink so i don't have any worry about being drunk, i love ice cold water and fresh squeezed juice...yeah I'm boring :P
Oh i can't have anything with aspirin in it and ibuprofen has aspirin :S ...asipirin is a blood thinner and I'm not allowed anything that thins the blood, odd i know because people with heart disease are told to take Aspirin BUT i have holes in my heart in the mitral valve between the section that takes in oxygenated blood and the section that takes out carbon dioxide blood, so they bloods mix meaning i get less oxygen then a normal person in general, so thinning the blood would cause me to end up with no oxygen and i would start to turn blue like i did often as a kid :)

Oh I've never heard of the cream, but i think i would just do it normally without cream :P

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
DO NOT get a tattoo while drunk! That is all kinds of bad idea. Not to mention most artists won't even give a tattoo to something they think is intoxicated because of legal issues. Or at least, that's how it's been everywhere I go. (Lots of stressing in the waver on 'being of sound mind' etc.)

Don't worry i don't actually drink so there is no chance of being drunk when getting one.....mind you i have seen a lot of drunks getting tattoos, most tattoo artists over here couldn't care less.
Im actually a little OCD so i would be very bossy as to where and how i want it to look, since its my own design and all. i normally go with my friends when they get theirs done (I'm the film crew lol)

Also, I can confirm the above that tattoo needles just aren't the same. I nearly cried when getting my HPV vaccine; those needles gave me bruises! But whenever I've gotten a tattoo, even in places that go over the bone, I've spent the several hours of being in the chair chatting and joking around with the artists and any friends who tagged along. The pain is never as bad as my mind tries to tell me it will be before hand and the needles are COMPLETELY different in size and feel. Especially once you get to the multi-needle for shading and colors, those are a cake walk.

Yeah i can watch someone getting a tattoo and loom at those needles fine but i can't even look at normal needle without freaking out....strange because being a seamstress I'm ALWAYS pricking my fingers with my dressmaker pins or sewing needles and that doesn't bother me at all :)

Lastly, might I just throw in my agreement that getting blood taken over and over should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. -_- Even though I won't diss donating blood, cause it saves lives.

I wasn't giving blood (I'm actually not able to), the blood was for use to go back into me with some of my mothers when i had my one heart surgery, it was taken to be used as a replacement for my own blood loss, so really i was only saving me, but come off it every hour is just plain unfair not to mention painful. It made me feel weak and woozy all day :S.......but those who willingly donate blood, those to me are brave wonderful people :)

Mermaid Marissa
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I think I really want scale tattoos. Maybe I'll get a small tail up my ankle and a seahorse (http://tattoos-and-art.com/wp-content/gallery/seahorse-tattoos/3208570305_344429a2fc.jpg) and a paw print (like this:http://www.dogstampsplus.com/PawPrints-VLV-2.gif) around my hips or bikini line.

MermaidRaegan
05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I've never given blood either. Actually, the second my mother found out that I'd gotten a tattoo she dragged me to the hospital and insisted that I get checked for hepititus and a dozen STD's, so I had to have quite a bit of blood taken. Then there were problems with the samples, so I had to give more, then the tests go messed up so I had to go in AGAIN. My inner elbow was the color of a plum. TT.TT I just can't give blood after that, needles getting stuck in my forearm just freaks me out.

I'm so excited for my scale tattoo!! I won't be able to get it till probably fall, but I'm psyched none the less.

Bellasea
05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
How would it look? ^^

Mermaid Marissa
05-04-2012, 09:26 PM
^^that sucks I hate needles I bet the tattoo's pretty

Mermaid Rillia
05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
i want a scale tattoo. I just dont know how it would look or where i would get it.

Mermaid Miel
05-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm weird in that I am the complete opposite... I can donate Blood, no needle-fear whatsoever, but I will Never get a permanent Tatt.
It's part religious reasons, part personal preference... I've seen tattooed grandpas at Mum's work as a kid and I'm too flighty too settle on one design without changing my mind a million times. So, no permanent Tatts.

I Adore Temporary Tatts though, and was Just wowing over this rather naughty mermaid set and wondering if it would slide off in a chlorine pool.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370608633227

MermaidParties
05-28-2012, 05:33 AM

She's almost completely done! I'm so excited some scales, her lips and eyes will get done next time. The hand's a little rough lol

MermaidRaegan
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Lookin' good!!

Mermaid Annariea
05-29-2012, 11:03 PM
i have a tattoo, i just got it a week ago, exactly. its a celtic infinity knot.
its on my left hip, and i absolutely love it :D
im going to try and post a picture of it... i took one when i first got home after getting it done.
hopefully that works... sorry if its super big. >.>

Dacora
05-30-2012, 02:36 AM
I cant wait to get my tats. But due to me being under age and my parents not approving of them Im waiting until I can support myself and move out before I get them. I want a small seahorse on my right hip and my mothers family crest, my step dads family crest and maybe my biological fathers family crest, maybe between my shoulder blades.

Merman Dan
06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I got this one two years ago. A weedy seadragon on my right upper chest to symbolize fatherhood:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/154156_1650330628917_2137633_n.jpg

Last year I got a pacific giant octopus on my left arm, to symbolize motherhood:
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6097/6363607585_ee412ce758_z.jpg

This year, I am considering a patch of sargassum seaweed on my back. In the weed, seven sea critters will be hiding. One for each of my kids. :)

Mermaasai
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
nice ink! (and your avatar picture is FREAKING adorable..)

AniaR
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I didnt think that puzzle piece on the foot tat had never been seen before. I was looking for tattoo ideas and I found the original
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z0L-n1qLC5Q/T6cx_XjQn-I/AAAAAAAACEY/mL8xgk8zYxM/s1600/IMG_6294.jpg

gives me hope because I'd like to have orange scales someday, no idea what design or where I'd put them yet... but it seems like it shows up well

this one is neat but a little gory for my taste
http://exposeonline.co.uk/images/inspiration/Scales___Skin_rip_by_allentattoo.jpg

Mermaid Summer
07-07-2012, 03:57 AM
I want to get something on my leg but I am not sure. I know first I have to get my phoenix then I want to get something with water

Lyna
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
We had a girl come into the shop that wanted from her hips down fully tatted in scales and color to look like a mermaid tail. Another artist and myself teamed up to draw this monster sized design and were going to set up a sttion running both traditonal machines and neumas and tag team the task. I was sad when she never went through with it.
Personally, I have roughly 100 hours or so of work on my skin, and I'm not done yet. (http://www/facebook.com/catz.tatz) And my 3rd tattoo ever was a mermaid covering the right side of my stomach-which i later started adding a beach sunset scene behind her with intentions of addig the underwater showing under the water line. I've also drawn another mermaid I was planning on putting on the front of my right thigh in said underwater area (but the location of that is kind of to show their work versus mine. lol) I know typically mermaids don't have tattoos...and I've never seen a professional mermaid or model sporting slinged ink, but just as I am a mermai and don't care if people think that's a childish dream...I am a tattooed and sleeved woman and I don't give a damn what people think about it....so just like alternative modeling, I'm an alternative mermaid. And if kids ask, I'll tell them on the fll moons I can grow legs and come on shore to visit my artists. hahaha

Mer_Adella
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
i want a scale tattoo. I just dont know how it would look or where i would get it.

I have been considering the same thing. Even my mom said that i should get some scales tattoo=ed around my waist line where the top of my tail started. I mentioned to her that I may have differend colored tails on at different times and didn't want a blue scale tattoo belt with a purple or green tail on. Then she gave me this idea. Get the tattoo of scales done in just black and when I have a photoshoot or a job to do, use jelly and eyeshadow and literally paint each of the scales....

it seems like a lot of work to do but that way you have different color scales to match what ever tail you'd be wearing :D

Mermaid Lei Loni
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I have three tattoos. Once I got over my needle fear, it's like an addiction. I've had the three done within a year, with plans for many more. :) So far I have a small flower on my foot, a triquetra/celtic knot on my hand, and a couple of weeks ago I just had a mermaid done on my calf. She's an art nouveau style mermaid, with lots of fins. So far she's just outlined, I have to have her colored in, but she looks beautiful! :)

Ayla of Duluth
08-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Just got one :)
Obviously it's not done yet.
Had to dislocate my shoulders to get a good pic xD
He's missing a leg, his spots, his color, and there are a few things that need to be touched up in the outline. hair strands aren't skinny enough, eye isn't big enough, the lining in the ear is missing, etc. I'll post another picture when I get it finished.

Mermaid Sirena
09-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Beautiful piece by artist: Rich Ives, Steel City Tattoo, Colorado. Photography by: Richard Todd

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/322208_430875650292740_1567712075_o.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=430875650292740&set=a.140208339359474.16798.140021379378170&type=1&ref=nf)

MermaidNoveli
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
www.facebook.com/tattooedmermaids <----- share your tattooed mernaid pics :D

Jan Coffey
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I think the first picture that Amethyst posted is really beautiful...and I love the quote about beauty, as well!

Jan Coffey
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Just saw these other added pics by members...truly stunning!

Jan

Aquatarian
09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I found some really awesome ones using pinterest...
http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/102456960243547224_fz7GGjiX_f.jpg

^This one is based off manta ray gills that the girl got on either side of her head behind her ears. Great idea!
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/267401296595773939_WH1dxgIF_f.jpg

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/260223684689347640_sSlCuf9G_f.jpg
^These 2 are water color tattoos
http://www.crayfordtattoostudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/starfish.jpg
^I always wanted a starfish tattoo but one that looks more like it's laying attached to my body
http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/78742693454999872_tppFF4EG_f.jpg
^I'm definitely getting this one in the future!!

And then this last one I found on tumblr. Some guy wanted some "Ariel" inspired scales on his calf.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ua6qL1SP1rpdm45o1_500.jpg

Merrow Fair Isle
11-26-2012, 12:43 AM
My stepfather was a very well known tattoo artist in the 80's...he was considered one of the greats when it came to amazing color. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 12, so I never had the oporotunity to have him give me a tattoo. I actually didn' t get my first tat until I was 30, because it almost felt like cheating my dad out of it somehow...weird, I know. Anyway, at 30 I was finally ready...and after looking through my fathers sketchbooks and flash ideas I decided on a chest piece of birds..representing freedom and faithfullness. Since then I have had a heart on my inner forearm, and am working ona 3/4 sleeve of flowers, with underlying pastel mermaid scales. I also have a cherry tree in full bloom on my outer lt calf for my grandfather. Below you can see my chest tat :)

Merrow Fair Isle
11-26-2012, 12:45 AM
wow...sorry that is so large, took it straight from FB and its awhole lot bigger than expected.

Merman Dan
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
After five and a half hours, still very much a work in progress:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/21643_4856316656564_913300432_n.jpg

Merrow Fair Isle
11-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Nooooiiiiccce!!

Elle
12-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I have the chinese character for 'dragon' on my lower back, a 'tribal' heart on my shoulder blade and a red star on each hip.

This is my fiance's tattoo that I drew up for him that I got him for his 24th Birthday

MerAnthony
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I wold like to get something like this with my childrens names somewhere in the tail.7868

Dacora
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Ooooh! Amythyst! What an idea!

But what would they be "made" from? Sea plant dyes? Octopus ink? with trained swordfish with whittled down noses? Oh, the story possibilities!

I have been thinking of getting an octopus on my hand wrapping around my fingers. My story would be that I saved a octopus from a fishing net and he used his ink to draw it on me as a thank you. XD

Bellasea
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
That's cute^^

SeaGlass Siren
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
i wanted a small pink conch shell hiding behind my ear. looks so classy!

FreshWaterMermaid
12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Amethyst;16551]I was just wondering what people's views were on tattoos :) Do you all have mermaid or mermaid inspired tatts?? :D I have one tattoo but it's a celtic sister knot, I was thinking of a mermaid one for the future. Anyone wanna show their ink?? :)

I think this is kinda pretty :)

Thanks for showing off my tat Amethyst Hehe :)
I love it and hopefully, when I get some more spending money, I can continue more of it down my thigh and a little on my calf. ^_^
Love everyones ideas! Especially the seahorse tats!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MermaidBrittany
01-01-2013, 02:40 AM
I loooove the first tat and I am hoping to get some scales on my leg, i think it would look awesome! :D

Merman Dan
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I had another session for my sleeve, on Thursday.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8549125461_79c9bdfeb9_z.jpg
I added an anemone, sea turtle, nudibranch, amphipod, filefish, and juvenile dolphinfish to the critters we started on my first session; the sargassumfish, crab, pipefish, shrimp, seahorse, gooseneck barnacles, and juvenile jack fish.

Taniira
03-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I have three: a lioness on my shoulder, angel wings on my lower back (really closer to being on my bum), and I just got a wrist tattoo that says "breathe in, breathe out, move on," which is my favorite Jimmy Buffet song and has personal meaning.

I'm planning on getting nearly a full back piece done, which will cover up my lioness. I do like what it means to me, but I got it done when I was 18 and it's not done very well. I also have to get my wrist tat fixed; the artist did fantastically on my boyfriend's and friend's text ink, but for some reason sucked at mine.

My back piece is going to be an ocean scene, including a pirate ship and three mermaids. I'm really excited about it, I just have to save up the money. I should be able to get it at least started later this year.

Traveling Merman
03-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of the idea of tattoos my grandad had a naval tattoo of two swallows........ Well they were swallows to begin with then they were hanging instead of flying! Lol

Coming from a theatre background, it's a bit of a no no to get a tattoo as it does limit your cast-ability, parts and jobs you can be considered for. for example we will rock you is wary of casting people with tattoos (they might not match the show! Lol and even if they do you have to be able to play multi roles and casting directors don't like that)

Traveling Merman
03-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Just realised after reading my post back that it comes across that I don't like tattoos........ Well it couldn't be further from the truth, just It wouldn't make sense for me to have one because of my job and also my fear of the scariest thing in the world; thin sharp shiny metal pokey things!

Mermaid Kelda
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm a fan of simple, demure tattoos. Large, colourful ones can be beautiful if done right, but they're not my style (and can often look like a colourful mess - the fewer colours, the better, in my opinion).
I've got a small Swedish/Norwegian mythical forest creature on the back of my neck, but I'd like something nautical too - maybe a monochrome kraken? Tattoos are always so hard to decide on! xD And there's only a few places you can put tattoos on your body that look good and also aren't super visible.

Mermaidmechanic
03-11-2013, 09:33 PM
This is mine, of my own hand drawn design. It's not finished of course but it has a ton of meaning to me.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x390/larpphotos/IMG_4337.jpg

Merman Dan
03-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Beautiful!

Mine have meaning, as well. My weedy seadragon (chest) symbolized fatherhood, my giant pacific octopus symbolizes motherhood, and my sargassum sleeve is there for my children. My next will be a two-headed dragon moray, an amphisbaena, symbolizing the union of marriage. It will be placed between the octopus and seadragon.

Mermaidmechanic
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I appreciate tattoos much more when they symbolize something. I saw yours in the thread, they are great! I love that the sleeve is realistic looking rather then the cartoony kind I've seen popping up recently. I've always thought it was odd that the tattoo design I felt meant the most to me had nothing to do with the ocean haha... I plan on getting a few more eventually though since that seems to be the sailor trend.

thestonermermaid
03-18-2013, 02:53 AM
I am getting my mermaid tattoo finished within the next few months and cannot wait to post pictures of it!

Mertara
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I have tattoos but not mermaid related, however I was just thinking yesterday about the next mermaid costume I do and how I want it to be an original as opposed to a cosplay, but I just recently cut ALL my hair off, and I was trying to envision a mermaid that was also kinda punky, and I should ttly tattoo my tail! Great idea! Also where did you find that punk Ariel art? It's fantastic!

MermaidHyli
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
My most recent is of my scales. It's much like the first one only my scales fade rather than just disappear. Also the colors match my tail.
This is also on my hip not my ribs as it has been mistaken for..I was trying to be modest haha

Mertara
03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
gorgeous tattoo!! Yes it does look like its on your ribs bc of the positioning of the pic. I want scales on my thighs too! Who knows when that will happen though XD

MermaidHyli
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Mine cost about 300 and took 3 hrs but totally worth it!

SeaGlass Siren
04-22-2013, 08:12 PM

This is what i want on my lower back. incomplete, still in the works, but thats roughly what i want.

i also want a sigil of archangel michael for protection and because i have a deep connection with him, and lettering at the bottom their either says 'nemo sailing home' representing my dad when he was a boat person and he was sailing his way over here, or 'the oceanborn' representing new life in a new world...again also representing my dad and how he sailed across the ocean and had me :)

except i dont know how to incorporate them ;_;

Mizuko
04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm turning 25 at the end of the year, and I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a few years now, so I've decided if by the end of the year I still want it I'll get it as a 'quarter-of-a-century-old' celebration! haha!

Ariel-Starfish
04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
I had a dream last night of getting a mermaid tat XD lol haha

Mermaid Tula
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
I am over weight. So my plan and agreement with my hubby is that if I can loose about 80 pounds, then I can get my full leg tattoos. I want something like http://piercingbible.com/sites/all/files/images/3/mermaid_tail%20copy.jpg this.

Carolina Mermaid
04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
If I had the guts, I would SO get that tattoo!

Merman Dan
05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
In a few hours I head back to Golden Spiral Tattoos for the fourth session on my sleeve. Since this design represents my children, with loads of critters hiding in the sargassum, I decided to add a little something for my inner child:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7321/8726806555_0446edf011_z.jpg

Mermaid Tula
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
How pretty Aeolius!

SeaGlass Siren
05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
You carry wonderful pieces of art on your body ae :)

Mermaid Ellowyn
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Late to the party, but here is a (not too great) photo of my tattoo. It's on my thigh. I'm thinking about another pinup (a mermaid this time) either on the other leg or as an upper arm piece in the far future. I am totally in love with it and it means a lot to me!

http://i.imgur.com/vovMZeF.jpg?1

MermaidBrandie
01-29-2014, 08:20 PM
My understanding is that you can 'tattoo' silicone so perhaps if you purchased a pure silicone tail from Mike, Raven or Eric you could then take it to an artist or a school and have them actually tattoo your tail.
That would be sooooo awesome.

MermaidBrandie
01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
When I think of a mermaid having a tattoo, I picture Samoan tribal art or something like that.
I agree. Maybe with flairs of whatever land culture that pod is nearest.

Mermaid Lilium
02-21-2014, 10:45 AM
My stepfather was a very well known tattoo artist in the 80's...he was considered one of the greats when it came to amazing color. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 12, so I never had the oporotunity to have him give me a tattoo. I actually didn' t get my first tat until I was 30, because it almost felt like cheating my dad out of it somehow...weird, I know. Anyway, at 30 I was finally ready...and after looking through my fathers sketchbooks and flash ideas I decided on a chest piece of birds..representing freedom and faithfullness. Since then I have had a heart on my inner forearm, and am working ona 3/4 sleeve of flowers, with underlying pastel mermaid scales. I also have a cherry tree in full bloom on my outer lt calf for my grandfather. Below you can see my chest tat :)

You are just too cute <3 and those tattoos are an awesome design =)

Late to the party, but here is a (not too great) photo of my tattoo. It's on my thigh. I'm thinking about another pinup (a mermaid this time) either on the other leg or as an upper arm piece in the far future. I am totally in love with it and it means a lot to me!

http://i.imgur.com/vovMZeF.jpg?1

I vote for other leg! This tattoo is amazingly well done 0.0 Who did it? (not that it's going to be anywhere near me ;D)

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you, Mermaid Lilium! This was done by Brett J. Barr of Built 4 Speed Tattoos in Orlando, Florida. :) A few thousand miles from the UK, but if you ever want his work while on a trip to Orlando, then maybe it would happen haha!

Mermaid Romy
02-22-2014, 03:32 AM
How many mers out there [who perform/do parties/that kind of stuff] have visible tattoos? I'm curious to if it affects you work or anything...

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-23-2014, 01:09 PM
How many mers out there [who perform/do parties/that kind of stuff] have visible tattoos? I'm curious to if it affects you work or anything...
There are several thread about this already I believe. Here is one (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7317-Tattoos-and-merforming&highlight=tattoos), with a few links to more results. :)

Mermaid Romy
02-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Ah, thank you! C:

Sephina
02-23-2014, 06:03 PM
I have a large phoenix tattoo that covers almost my entire outside calf, no mermaid related ones yet. Though I do have a Koi fish one in the planning stages. Just a small one to tuck behind my ear.

Merman Dan
02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
A fish tattoo behind the ear could come in handy, in one's later years, should one require a herring aid.

SeaGlass Siren
02-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Badumtss

Mermaid Romy
02-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Merpuns are the best puns.

Mermaid Lilium
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
there's something fishy about these puns...

Mermaid Lilium
02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Thank you, Mermaid Lilium! This was done by Brett J. Barr of Built 4 Speed Tattoos in Orlando, Florida. :) A few thousand miles from the UK, but if you ever want his work while on a trip to Orlando, then maybe it would happen haha!

Stranger things have been known to happen haha I end up on the plane to Philly enough with brits connecting on to Orlando, Perhaps I should sneak myself into their bags haha

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Stranger things have been known to happen haha I end up on the plane to Philly enough with brits connecting on to Orlando, Perhaps I should sneak myself into their bags haha

That certainly wouldn't be the worst thing! :)

Mermaid Sirenia
03-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Got this two weeks ago as my first tattoo! This was when I just got it done so it's much more vibrant now:) new mermaid here by the way!

~Mermaid Sirenia~

Mermaid Sirenia
03-01-2014, 12:24 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/01/a7ada6yn.jpg

~Mermaid Sirenia~

MermaidBrandie
03-05-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm planning a full back piece mermaid. :)

SeaGlass Siren
03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Word of warning when the ink touches your spine it's brutal. Like REALLY FUCkING BRUTAL.

MermaidBrandie
03-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Word of warning when the ink touches your spine it's brutal. Like REALLY FUCkING BRUTAL.
Haha, I have a full chest piece. *deadpan* I bled.
lol but seriously. I'll be okay.

SeaGlass Siren
03-06-2014, 08:06 PM
when i got mine i tried not to arch my back to much but i couldnt stand the pain ;__;

Merman Dan
03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
After my tattoo artist returns from maternity leave and opens her new shop, I have loads of ink in mind; from finishing my sargassum sleeve, to touching up my weedy seadragon, to adding a few baby octopodes next to my giant pacific octopus, to finally adding the eel I wanted to start last November. THEN I have a piece in mind for my back. :)

Seraphina Suds
03-07-2014, 04:05 PM
My scales, inspired by Merbellas! This was taken when it was fresh. It's almost a year since.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Sephina
03-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Here's my Koi! I get it fresh last night, and it's kind of hard to take a picture of. All the red spots you see is actually because I bled pretty bad. XD

Mermaid Kelda
03-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Ick! I know tattoos are exciting, but post pictures after you stop bleeding xD

Sephina
03-10-2014, 08:05 PM
It wasn't still bleeding, this was about 5 hours after it was actually completed. I just don't want to get it wet to clean it up yet.

Mermaid Christin
03-14-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm planning on getting a mermaid inspired one soon, I've been obsessing about it forever now!

Mermaid Christin
03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Henna is an excellent option once I'm done fully designing mine i want to have it put on me with henna so I can live with it for a while before committing.

I've been doing this for a few weeks now, it works pretty well! The only thing I've noticed is that the henna doesn't stain very dark on the part of my body I want tattooed so I have to apply several applications to get the effect I want.

DonPlease
03-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Hello!
@Sephina I really like your Koi tattoo. I'm going to get a Koi tattoo in the near future (I hope) and I was searching for some placement ideas. The behind the ear placement idea seems super cool, maybe I'll choose the spot. Can I ask you a few questions if you don't mind? What the behind the ear placement idea a personal choice? Or a random choice? Is there some sort of personal meaning behind the tattoo? (One of the reason I want to get this type of tattoo is because of the meaning (http://www.tattooneed.com/koi-fish-tattoos-meaning-symbolism/): is means prosperity, ambition and success and much more).

@MerGrl23 really cool tattoo you want to get. Do you have any pictures of the tattoo you'll get?

Mermaid Tula
05-02-2014, 02:23 AM
So instead of doing the whole tattooed leg, I decided to get this!
First picture is right after finishing the lines.
Second picture is about a half hour later.
I'll be getting it shaded in a few weeks, then after that color

Mermaid Sirenia
05-02-2014, 10:58 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/02/azy9eqa4.jpgtdI it's all healed up now!

~Mermaid Sirenia~

Mermaid Ellowyn
05-03-2014, 12:45 AM
That looks like it's going to be really awesome, Tula! And I love how bold and beautiful yours is Sirenia :) Healed up nicely!

Mermaid Tula
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks Ellowyn! I still need to figure out the color scheme for her. I'm thinking purples and greens, kind of like my avatar.

Mermaid Dana
07-16-2014, 07:24 AM
I have Ariel on arm, in a part of my Disney sleeve project.
But since I love Ariel so much she was the first. The tattoos are a cover up, from a sad past in my life where I did self injury. But now Ariel is covering my past, and she always makes me happy, and reminds me that life is worth it :)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/heceta/IMG_1174_zps071e5d57.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/heceta/media/IMG_1174_zps071e5d57.jpg.html)

coral_sybil
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I've just been planning on getting "once upon a time" with a fancy boarder on my back... working on the idea more

Mermaid Leira
07-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Beautiful art people! i have wings I designed, I want some little fins and scales on my hips maybe, but I love occy's :)

Mermaid Amelia
07-17-2014, 11:27 AM
No tattoos myself ( not that I don't love them on other people, it's just too much of a commitment for me!) I have always loved this tattoo my sister has along her side/ribs area http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/17/eva2e3y7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maressa
07-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Hi there! I have three :) I have an ellipses on my finger, and then I have a bird on one hip (soon to be matched on the other side) and a large piece on my lower stomach. All of them match in color... I wanted henna designs all over my body, like the doll I posted. Working up to that point. :) I designed all of them so they are very personal, and I think they are very tasteful and organic, I have never once regretted the decision. When you know what you want, you know! :D I think the important thing is to recognize that if you get one, you will likely get others, so settling on the style is very important. If the tattoos are tasteful and well-done, usually even people who don't like tattoos will compliment you on them. :) 227012270222703

Waves of Ash
03-25-2017, 03:15 PM
I've wanted a mermaid scale tattoo for over 2 years now and am finally getting it done! I just had my outline done for my large-scale (pun intended) tattoo yesterday! I am getting this filled in with watercolor of purples, mints, and a hint of orange/gold in a few weeks. SO EXCITED.

Mermaid Wesley
03-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Looks great! (Also, hehe a butt)

Mermaid Lunette
04-29-2018, 03:54 PM
ah, I know this thread has been dead for like a year but this really seems like the best place to put my tattoo progress and I really wanna share so I hope this is ok! (I felt it would be MORE rude to make a whole new thread when this one already existst.)

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidLunette/posts/2097928883768970

(can't seem to upload so here is the pics on my mermaid page)

Waves of Ash
05-03-2018, 05:28 AM
ah, I know this thread has been dead for like a year but this really seems like the best place to put my tattoo progress and I really wanna share so I hope this is ok! (I felt it would be MORE rude to make a whole new thread when this one already existst.)

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidLunette/posts/2097928883768970

(can't seem to upload so here is the pics on my mermaid page)

GIRL! They look so rad!!!

Mermaid Lunette
05-03-2018, 06:54 PM
GIRL! They look so rad!!!

aw thank you!!! I love them soooo much! honestly, my artist has been doing /such/ a good job

TheSugarSiren
05-04-2018, 02:15 AM

This is what I want to do. I want to get my design for my silicone tail, then have the matching scales tattooed on my lower back. <3