PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Hello!

vabs
01-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Hi All. Trying a shorter note. Original wouldn't post. New to the 'verse. SCUBA diver, no tail yet, water baby, looking to make use of the pool.

Slim
01-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the Mernetwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vabs
01-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Thank you, Slim!

Natametfin
01-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the community!

vabs
01-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Thank you, Natametfin! Glad to be here!

Ocoree
01-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Hiya Vabs! Welcome to the network!

vabs
01-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Ocoree!

Mermaid Alea
01-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Welcome! How did you find out about mermaiding?

vabs
01-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Thank you, Mermaid Alea!

I'm not sure how I came across it but I saw a video on Facebook of Mermaid Melissa. I looked through her other videos and saw her swimming with the manatees in the groves scattered around Florida. That really piqued my curiosity!

Mind you, my first memory of the ocean as a child was 'Jaws'. Logically, it made me terrified of pools. Of course, this was tempered with natures shows like Grizzly Adams and, more importantly, Jacques Cousteau. I saw 'Splash' and absolutely loved that tail! I even tried salt in the tub hoping it was a genetic secret. HAHA! Of course, nothing cements the fantasy in a little girl's mind like a trip to Weeki Wachee.

Flash forward (or should it be 'splash forward'?) and I miss getting into the ocean. Where I am, it's about an hour to the coast with an overnight trek from dock to dive site. For SCUBA, I very much prefer the push and pull of the waves when diving. It's alive and I feel it, and it somehow recharges my own energy. It's not the same for me with a lake and swimming in a pool with regular fins is not really conducive to a good dolphin kick. I'm really interested in diving local (dive shop) lakes or deeper pools as a mermaid. I think the exercise would be great and I think it'd help me connect with the water similar to when I take a dive trip in the ocean.

So, when I looked over Mermaid Melissa's site and saw this site linked, I followed y'all on my facebook feed. Now that I have fabric for a tail, I thought it might be good to socialize with friends that know something about the world I'm diving into (pun intended).

*Edit: I'm reading some of the older posts in one of the forums and am seriously hoping I haven't picked at some scabs. Humblest apologies.*