PDA

View Full Version : Mer friends?

Amethyst
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I was wondering if everyone on this forum has 'mer' friends in real life? Or are you a loner?? This probably sounds weird but I don't have any friends :$ I'm happily married and have a great family, so I'm not lonely but I just think it would be nice to have someone to talk to and share my mer love with and to actually go swimming with someone other then by myself or with my parents lol I havn't gotten a monofin yet or made a tail, I do think if I had an actual 'mer friend' to discuss things with and shop with, I probably would have had more motive to get the things I want. :crazy:
Is anyone else a loner? or do you have lots of 'mer' friends?? :)

SireniaSolaris
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Well, I think it is safe to say that some of us are friends on here, even if it is only internet friends. Mermaids in many areas are rare to come by, and so it is not that easy to find other locals. My local mer friends are not a part of this network. But, I've recently met other members of this network in a very nice get together. We will be planning another gathering in July. I suppose the best way to make real life associations if there are no other local mers in your area to befriend, is to organize in the pods a gathering date. Something fun and inexpensive. Water is always a good bonus with mermaids and mermen :) In the US we have state parks that are very inexpensive and wonderful nature spots to gather. Perhaps there is something similar where you live? If so, talk in your pod about having a nice get together to meet the people in person you are getting to know on here :)

lasserine
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I am a loner :(

Gem Stone
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I have mer Internet friends but offline I swim alone

Sea Pearl
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm a bit of a loner too and don't really have any local mer friends. But it's been great to come on here and talk about mermaid stuff to others :) I'd love to try and meet up with some of you at a gathering in the future!

Spindrift
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
This "Spindrift" account technically belongs to two people. We discuss all our mermaiding plans together pretty often. I'm the only one that posts here with the accout though. So yes, I have a mer-partner. And I've met some of the mers from this community on a few occasions. I haven't swum as a mer with anyone from here yet. Too shy.

Maple
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Alexi and I are both from Vancouver and oddly enough knew each other before we both got into mermaiding!

We swim together lots.

Mermaasai
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
ooo good topic.

Well like others I'm sure people have their online friends and then their irl friends.

I dont have any mermaiding friends in my area but I know that there is a fairly diverse throng of mermaids in florida itself so I imagine that when I am ready to swim with some other mers (aka do some travelling) I will have plenty to flip around with.
Summer is just around the corner after all!
Since im still a bit new, I'm very much looking forward to cultivating friendships via mernetwork and otherwise.

happyguava
03-19-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm really lucky that there are two other lovely mermaids in my city, Aradia and Volitania. We swim together, eat ice cream, play Disney Singstar etc etc... :D

Maple
03-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm really lucky that there are two other lovely mermaids in my city, Aradia and Volitania. We swim together, eat ice cream, play Disney Singstar etc etc... :D

Okay, you guys sound adorable!

Artisankatie
03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Aradia and I (Volitania) met happyguava on Mer Yuku!

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I have one mer-friend in the area, but do to schedules and distance we don't get to talk or hang out much. I have my mer-friend/mentor who lives in Florida but occasionally comes back to visit which is always awesome! Other wise I only sort of have one internet mer-friend, hope to change that eventually though :)

Mermaid Lorelei
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a handle of merfriends where I live. I haven't had the chance to swim with any of them, but hopefully I will soon. :>