PDA

View Full Version : Best Dolphin Tail?

Okeanos
03-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Hey there, everyone. I was hoping to get some personal feedback from the other members here. Has anyone ordered dolphin tails, or would anyone know which tailors have experience in such a design? I have spoken to two artists so far, Merrowfins and Mernation. When approached, Merrow quoted a tail to be about 3k. Mernation quoted it to be 5k. I have tried to reach out to others to weigh my options but I've had no luck. Would anyone happen to have any advice? Thanks!

Ransom
03-10-2018, 01:24 AM
I do know Mertailor has made them in the past for events, but you'll have to ask him if he's currently able to do so for customers.

If anyone here has such a tail though, I'd love to see it as well :)

Merman Storm
03-10-2018, 09:56 AM
I have a monofin with a dolphin tail. I'm having issues with getting a skin to go with it. I've made a couple of my own, with limited success.
The monofin itself, the Lunocet, works quite well and is very fast.
At present, I'm working with Mertailor to get a silicone skin that works with it.

Dolphin Man
03-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Hey there, everyone. I was hoping to get some personal feedback from the other members here. Has anyone ordered dolphin tails, or would anyone know which tailors have experience in such a design? I have spoken to two artists so far, Merrowfins and Mernation. When approached, Merrow quoted a tail to be about 3k. Mernation quoted it to be 5k. I have tried to reach out to others to weigh my options but I've had no luck. Would anyone happen to have any advice? Thanks!

I got a pretty good dolphin tail from Merrowfins. You can see some video and photos of me in it on this link. I couldn't get my feet all the way through, thus the odd ruffle at the end, but that's a matter of practice. https://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?16192-Wearing-New-Merrowfins-Tail&p=292283#post292283