PDA

View Full Version : Swimtails Betta tails???

Merrow Erie
03-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Has anyone else seen the new swimtails Betta fish tails? I don't know how they'll swim, but they're gorgeous.

https://www.swimtails.com/hydra-mermaid-tails/

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-17-2018, 12:22 PM
They have a video on their Facebook page of the tail during a swim session. It's gorgeous I want one so badly.

MermaidSolstice
03-17-2018, 02:27 PM
OMG! They're so pretty! I love the Amazon one.

Mermaid Kane
03-17-2018, 04:47 PM
I want one so bad now. -w-

Mermaid Holly
03-17-2018, 04:56 PM
SO PRETTY!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Mermaid Persephone
03-17-2018, 06:05 PM
I want one... but I don't know if I should get another tail.

Mermaidmirandaa
03-18-2018, 01:02 AM
I want one but they're so expensiveeeee :c

+.*Love and Bubble Kisses*.+
~Mermaid Miranda

Keiris
03-18-2018, 02:29 AM
They're goodlooking. Haven't ever used a Mahina though.

inanna
03-18-2018, 03:16 AM
oh my god i'm so in love :swoon:

Mermaid_Mari
03-18-2018, 05:47 AM
Theyíre very pretty seem to have a lot of drag though, canít wait to see what people think of them in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MermaidRaegan
03-18-2018, 05:42 PM
I got excited for a minute when I saw their Ďhydraí line. But apparently itís still just for Mahina fins. Oh well. They are gorgeous, but Iím curious about the fabric. I wonder if itís neoprin since they said itís not neoprene.

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-18-2018, 05:54 PM
I got excited for a minute when I saw their ‘hydra’ line. But apparently it’s still just for Mahina fins. Oh well. They are gorgeous, but I’m curious about the fabric. I wonder if it’s neoprin since they said it’s not neoprene.

I believe it is scuba knit fabric...

Mermaid Kane
03-18-2018, 10:54 PM
I believe it is scuba knit fabric...

It says on the page. I believe you are correct.

MermaidRaegan
03-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Thatís what I figured. Since itís not neoprin I may consider getting one, they are crazy pretty.

TheChimera
03-19-2018, 06:31 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180319/04e5ba450cccc8102aec288c5e5d08fd.jpg

I sent them a message recently to ask about the compatibility of the betta with the Mahina since that is what their old pro tails fit and this was the response.

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-19-2018, 08:58 AM
I asked a friend to message them last week they recommended the mahina with the tail when I asked for a price, they even sell the mahina below it on their website. Too bad this website won't let me add the picture here, I don't know how other people do it, but it never works for me. Lol

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-24-2018, 01:22 PM
My husband suprised me and ordered the red betta tail for me. I'm excited :) and, I'm very happy that betta tails are finally becoming widely available.

Ransom
03-24-2018, 02:49 PM
My husband suprised me and ordered the red betta tail for me. I'm excited :) and, I'm very happy that betta tails are finally becoming widely available.Wow @_@

Really excited for you :) Please let us know how it swims!

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Thanks I will :)

moomer
03-24-2018, 04:43 PM
I have been lusting after a Betta tail since I saw these! Hubby is also much more impressed by these than others on the market currently.
He's even on board with one of these being my after baby present [emoji39]
Come at me!
I can't wait to see what people think too!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-24-2018, 04:54 PM
I have been lusting after a Betta tail since I saw these! Hubby is also much more impressed by these than others on the market currently.
He's even on board with one of these being my after baby present [emoji39]
Come at me!
I can't wait to see what people think too!

I'm pregnant right now too. :) He ordered one that'll fit during his pregnancy then I can get it taken in by a seamstress after lol. I've always wanted a betta tail so I'm really happy to see these being produced.
Which one do you want to get? I have a top 5 list but they all look so great.

moomer
03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm pregnant right now too. :) He ordered one that'll fit during his pregnancy then I can get it taken in by a seamstress after lol. I've always wanted a betta tail so I'm really happy to see these being produced.
Which one do you want to get? I have a top 5 list but they all look so great.Oh congratulations!! Yay for merbabies!! How far are you along? I'm currently 31 weeks, so I'm happy to wait till after now [emoji4]

I am loving the sand colours. They just speak to me. A tie for second would be honey or red or black. I love the fade out of the colours. It's so pretty!! [emoji7][emoji7]

I have wanted a Betta style is fluke for ages too! I keep designing my own at home to fit my Mahina, but it's nothing like these. These are incredible. But now I can build one based of one I buy! Yay!

Khaleesi Daenerys
03-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Congrats to you too! :D I'm about 16 weeks.
Sand was my second lol.
Awesome betta mers forever! Oh wow you make your own, that's so cool. These really are incredible looking compared to other fabric tails I've seen on the market. The material is gorgeous online. lol that'll be fun plus you can customize it all you want with different fabric you pick out yourself since you'll be able to make your own.

moomer
03-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Congrats to you too! :D I'm about 16 weeks.
Sand was my second lol.
Awesome betta mers forever! Oh wow you make your own, that's so cool. These really are incredible looking compared to other fabric tails I've seen on the market. The material is gorgeous online. lol that'll be fun plus you can customize it all you want with different fabric you pick out yourself since you'll be able to make your own.Ahhh!! The early days! That's so exciting :D

I have only made one fabric tail before, and that was just out of dance fabric. So it was nice and form fitting, but didn't really last too long.
I have a bunch of scuba knit at home, waiting to be used. It's a thicker, 4 way stretch fabric, which is a dream to use. It's very easy to manipulate and sew. I was very excited to see that these Betta tails are made out of scuba knit!

I think I'll end up with the sand. It's just too pretty [emoji7] and it's wildy different from the fabric I already have. [emoji6]

Mary Marine
03-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Of course they release these AFTER I buy one of their pro tails! :doh: I MUCH prefer the color options on these, but I do like the pro fluke shape better (and the price).

THE FABRIC IS HEAVY WEIGHT SPANDEX for those curious. It's no neoprene, but it's pretty nice, much better than any other spandex I've seen in a tail so far.

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-23-2018, 04:28 PM
I got it in the mail today!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6PfpEGdg

Magi
04-23-2018, 06:15 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6PfpEGdg

I'm eager for news on how it swims =O I've always wanted a betta tail, but want to know how this line feels and preforms.

Merrow Erie
04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Please do a review! I really want one, but I'm afraid it'll be super hard to swim in.

moomer
04-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Woah! The colour is so vibrant!! It looks like it's been printed and produced really well. That scuba knit looks nice and thick.
I didn't realise there was a monofin casing either, that's awesome.
And those fins. [emoji7][emoji7]

I cannot wait to see how you think it goes swimming. [emoji4]

Ransom
04-23-2018, 09:36 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6PfpEGdgBeautiful! Love what they've done with the scale highlights and the silver at the end.

MermaidJuri
04-25-2018, 04:24 AM
This is making me so excited for mine! Just sent final measurements this week!

PirateAngelBaby
05-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Any news on how these pretties swim yet? I've got a soon-to-be mer friend who is hoping to get a tail, and really likes these, but if they drag too much it might not be the best option...

Mermaid Keto
05-06-2018, 04:01 PM
I just got mine! And I just got back from swimming in it!!! They are amazing, and swim super well. But they are heavy and I wouldn't recommend it to a new mer. That being said, any mer who has been swimming for years, you have to get one!!!

Ocoree
05-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Just got mine in the mail today, and I'm sad to say I'm rather disappointed in it :C

The printing looks like they ran out of an ink color, the stitching feels off, the fins look rush-cut, and the main pectorals were found to be off-kilter from each other. Overall it just feels like it was a rush-job for something that cost over $300 for.. Not to mention the packaging was alarming in how it was handled, and the fluke had a very heavy insert of two vynil cut shapes inside for aesthetics instead of function efficiency..

I wish I could request a monetary refund for an item that did not match what they advertised, but sadly they only offer even value exchange or shop credit. Neither of which I'm in favor of considering that's a lot of money that would then just sit untouched and wasted..

What was advertised -
https://www.swimtails.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/betta-mermaid-tail-sand.jpg

And what I got -

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e708/f/2018/127/b/3/swimtails_flop_by_ocoree-dcawxgo.png

I'm.. not the kind who really wears green..

Mermaid Keto
05-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Just got mine in the mail today, and I'm sad to say I'm rather disappointed in it :C

The printing looks like they ran out of an ink color, the stitching feels off, the fins look rush-cut, and the main pectorals were found to be off-kilter from each other. Overall it just feels like it was a rush-job for something that cost over $300 for.. Not to mention the packaging was alarming in how it was handled, and the fluke had a very heavy insert of two vynil cut shapes inside for aesthetics instead of function efficiency..

I wish I could request a monetary refund for an item that did not match what they advertised, but sadly they only offer even value exchange or shop credit. Neither of which I'm in favor of considering that's a lot of money that would then just sit untouched and wasted..

What was advertised -
https://www.swimtails.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/betta-mermaid-tail-sand.jpg

And what I got -

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e708/f/2018/127/b/3/swimtails_flop_by_ocoree-dcawxgo.png

I'm.. not the kind who really wears green..That's weird. I got the same one, and it was perfect. Try calling and talking to them; maybe they can do something for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Ocoree
05-07-2018, 05:30 PM
That's weird. I got the same one, and it was perfect. Try calling and talking to them; maybe they can do something for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Definitely strange then. I got my order in before they were swamped and ran out of material, so it may have gotten buried in the 'get-this-out-as-fast-as-possible' as it sat for almost two months with no updates. I sent them an online ping for contact info, so we'll see.

Part of me just wants to not try to fight the headache of talking with them if they insist on credit only, and see what I can do to salvage the tail I have with at least texturing the fins better and doing something about the bottom edge of the fluke.

Mermaid Keto
05-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Definitely strange then. I got my order in before they were swamped and ran out of material, so it may have gotten buried in the 'get-this-out-as-fast-as-possible' as it sat for almost two months with no updates. I sent them an online ping for contact info, so we'll see.

Part of me just wants to not try to fight the headache of talking with them if they insist on credit only, and see what I can do to salvage the tail I have with at least texturing the fins better and doing something about the bottom edge of the fluke.That could definitely be a possible explanation. Either way, it sucks and I'm sorry. They didn't contact me either for a while, so I was concerned. I called them and they are super nice. I would give it a try.

Mermaid Coralia
05-07-2018, 10:22 PM
To me Ocoree the images look almost identical...it definitely looks green in the stock image.

I placed my order a few weeks ago and customer service was amazing. I spoke to them over the phone about the fit, what size I should order and how long the current wait time would be.

So if you're unsatisfied wit your tail I would shoot them a message about it on Facebook, as they usually respond rather quickly ans the owner seems to really care.

That being said I can't wait to get mine in the mail! I'm super excited

Ocoree
05-08-2018, 03:28 AM
Hmm, perhaps.. I think a big part of it is I was expecting something different than what I got. Question is now getting my roommate to get off my back about the tail's condition. I'm personally willing to go through and clean up the areas where it's more straight cut than rounded, and see what I can do about the fluke at least to make it feel more natural.

Ransom
05-08-2018, 03:42 AM
I'd call them first, many places void the warranty if it looks like the customer has tried to fix things themselves. Hope you get it sorted out!

Ocoree
05-08-2018, 03:45 AM
Lol, yeah I'm familiar with the warranties having worked retail. Thing is mulling over this all afternoon and during work has induced more stress than I cared to have, and I haven't even put the silly thing on yet!

MermaidBrandie
05-12-2018, 11:51 AM
I got the Sand Betta too, and while I can see a couple spots where it's obvious it was hand cut in the fins, nothing looks off to me. Just as the was described and in the picture. Which I have to agree, I see as green as well. What color were you expecting? It could just be a variation in monitors. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180512/135942fe8905c51fdcd15889ab01bd33.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Magi
05-12-2018, 12:06 PM
So how does the fluke hold itís shape in the water? Do they have something in there? I really love the look of these tails, but that price for essentially a spandex tail(unless I misunderstood what sort of fabric they use)? I understand itís a huge fluke and thatís a lot of fabric, but I Iím on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

MermaidBrandie
05-12-2018, 12:13 PM
So how does the fluke hold itís shape in the water? Do they have something in there? I really love the look of these tails, but that price for essentially a spandex tail(unless I misunderstood what sort of fabric they use)? I understand itís a huge fluke and thatís a lot of fabric, but I Iím on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)There are two vinal cutouts that mimic the shape of the fluke you see that you sandwich the monofin in (just like the finfolk fabric tails as well).

The fabric is a thick scuba knit spandex. It has a weight to it, but still isn't neoprene. It will be more durable than standard spandex though.

You can find videos of it on the swimtails Instagram, and I hope to have a full unboxing/swim/and review video out sometime this week.

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 02:53 PM
So here's how the inside works. :) I DO NOT RECOMMEND REMOVING IT. it's just the biggest pain. Lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/8b1694876c302f52474dcd532c692691.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/3f40de768d514a529ca4eb1440070e99.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/82fd7a21f94a20ec3b7dc591c44cfc48.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/eb76d27a9b35c4e8c5615133b42ceade.jpg

BlueCorvidae
05-13-2018, 03:41 PM
So how do you rinse it properly if you don't remove the vinyl? It's a pain with the finfolk tails too, but the vinyl is such a trap for moisture and other gunk that I worry it won't clean and dry properly if you don't remove it after every swim.

Edit: I feel I should remind everyone that most of the preview images Swimtails uses are not photographs of actual tails, but rather digital renderings of the designs. Some of the tails they offer probably aren't even made until after somebody orders them. They don't do many photoshoots with actual models.

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 04:02 PM
So how do you rinse it properly if you don't remove the vinyl? It's a pain with the finfolk tails too, but the vinyl is such a trap for moisture and other gunk that I worry it won't clean and dry properly if you don't remove it after every swim.

Edit: I feel I should remind everyone that most of the preview images Swimtails uses are not photographs of actual tails, but rather digital renderings of the designs. Some of the tails they offer probably aren't even made until after somebody orders them. They don't do many photoshoots with actual models.Right now I don't have a place to dry it, but when I get to the new house I'm going to figure out a way to to hang it for rinsing and drying. All my other fabric tails I've just laid out places and now worries about it. I will, occasionally remove it but it's difficult and I don't recommend removing it regularly for that. It will cause a lot of stress on the seam by the zipper.

Ashton
05-13-2018, 04:18 PM
I think the batta tails look really cool how is the drainage?

Ocoree
05-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Heh, could be a monitor difference. I was more or less expecting a richer/darker tone with the tail when it was coming.

Lol, and of course one says don't remove the inserts after I had done that at least once, so I'll agree they are a butt to get back in! Also at least one mystery answered too in what the flipping heck the inserts were there for! Seeing it all assembled makes a lot more sense, because my box didn't have anything hinting at what to do with the silly thing, and it just looks plain funky with only the mahina inside, or on top of the insert!

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 11:30 PM
Heh, could be a monitor difference. I was more or less expecting a richer/darker tone with the tail when it was coming.

Lol, and of course one says don't remove the inserts after I had done that at least once, so I'll agree they are a butt to get back in! Also at least one mystery answered too in what the flipping heck the inserts were there for! Seeing it all assembled makes a lot more sense, because my box didn't have anything hinting at what to do with the silly thing, and it just looks plain funky with only the mahina inside, or on top of the insert!Mine came all put together. Did yours not?

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 11:32 PM
I think the batta tails look really cool how is the drainage?Since the fabric is a thick scuba knit, it drains well. There's no drain holes in the bottom, but it doesn't bubble or hold water that I can tell at all.

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 11:36 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bis9ni3lDHg/

Here's a link to Instagram clips if yall haven't seen it in the water yet. :)

Ashton
05-13-2018, 11:42 PM
After watching your video, I can kinda guess a theory as to why the Mahina was used.
Theory: Mahina might provide more support along the sides as apposed to another monofin. Though now that I think about it- a Rapid might have been a better idea since it is around the same shape. And the plastic of the fin part might have added to the strength of the fluke.

MermaidBrandie
05-13-2018, 11:52 PM
After watching your video, I can kinda guess a theory as to why the Mahina was used.
Theory: Mahina might provide more support along the sides as apposed to another monofin. Though now that I think about it- a Rapid might have been a better idea since it is around the same shape. And the plastic of the fin part might have added to the strength of the fluke.You could always order it without a monofin and put a rapid in. A friend I was swimming with today had a slightly modified rapid and it would have definitely fit in this.

MermaidBrandie
05-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Unboxing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPRfPOBdzM

Ocoree
05-14-2018, 06:48 PM
Mine came all put together. Did yours not?

Nu, I had ordered my fin separate for the purpose of in the event that I got other skins for it, I'd rather have the black fin instead of the chances of the blue or orange showing through.

Seeing it in action though makes the insert look like it belongs in the tail, and the skin darkens in the water to about where I was thinking it would look, so there's that at least. Plus seeing the insert working as a way to reduce drag bubbles helps a lot too!

MermaidBrandie
05-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Nu, I had ordered my fin separate for the purpose of in the event that I got other skins for it, I'd rather have the black fin instead of the chances of the blue or orange showing through.

Seeing it in action though makes the insert look like it darkens in the water to about where I was thinking it would look, so there's that at least. Plus seeing the insert working as a way to reduce drag bubbles helps a lot too!I'm glad I helped!! [emoji173]️

inanna
08-06-2018, 09:22 AM
:yay: swimtails released the matching tops for the bettas and sirens! at last!

SirenStella
10-09-2018, 11:23 PM
So I ordered one of these, but it's taking forever to get here! On their site it says it will take up to 4 weeks, but I ordered mine over 5 weeks ago and still no shipping confirmation. Anyone else struggling with this?? I've probably called their phone at least 15 different times to receive updates, but they don't answer and their voicemail doesn't work. I feel like if I want to get a hold of them I have to dedicate a whole day to nagging them via PM on Instagram before they'll answer me. :P I'm in a show at an aquarium and I was hoping to wear the tail this Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm just so excited for this tail and I'm so bummed it's taking this long! Thoughts??

MermaidJuri
10-09-2018, 11:25 PM
So I ordered one of these, but it's taking forever to get here! On their site it say it will take up to 4 weeks, but I ordered mine over 5 weeks ago and still no shipping confirmation. Anyone else struggling with this?? I've probably called their phone at least 15 different times to receive updates, but they don't answer and their voicemail doesn't work. I feel like if I want to get ahold of them I have to dedicate a whole day to nagging them via PM on Instagram before they'll answer me. [emoji14] I'm in a show at an aquarium and I was hoping to wear the tail this Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm just so excited for this tail and I'm so bummed it's taking this long! Thoughts??I ordered 8 weeks ago and contacted them at 7 weeks. They only replied on Facebook comment and were otherwise unreachable. If you manage to get a hold of anyone please let me know how as they apologised and then no follow up...

SirenStella
10-10-2018, 10:12 AM
That's so frustrating! I'm a business major and my husband has his degree in Business Management. Good customer service (actually talking to your customers) is business 101. The fact that this company still has yet to figure this out is more than a little obnoxious. I actually got them to call me (by messaging them my phone number and telling them to call me) and I spoke with Doug. Doug is awesome, (pretty much the best thing about this company's behind the scenes work) and he answered all of my questions I had. Getting a hold of him (or anyone), though, was extremely difficult. I'll let you know if I get a response this time. :)

BlueCorvidae
12-10-2018, 10:37 PM
I know I was looking at their sea goddess tail with grabby hands but I'm kinda glad I ended up not going for it. :(

Nerdmaid Faith
01-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Did a video on this whole updated situation
https://youtu.be/qHeQf_nejF0

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

SirenGita
01-19-2019, 01:46 AM
Still no refund from my oct 18 order... and I'm getting blasted with new emails from them about new sales >.<

Trade Winds
02-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Has anyone else had issues getting orders? I want to order from them in a month or so for a betta tail. They match my natural hippocampus tail so well...

Can anyone tell me the best way to store and dry these tails? I've only had Fin Fun so I have no experience with bigger stuff.

MermaidBrandie
02-03-2019, 11:07 AM
Has anyone else had issues getting orders? I want to order from them in a month or so for a betta tail. They match my natural hippocampus tail so well...

Can anyone tell me the best way to store and dry these tails? I've only had Fin Fun so I have no experience with bigger stuff.My experience with them was great but that was before they got hella popular. They did make an announcement that they have revised how they do things since they didn't expect to get so popular so fast and are a small company.

That being said, I have a betta tail from them and love it. I lay it out flat in my garage to dry, have washed it before on a gentle setting in the washer as needed (then lay it out to dry). Getting the vinyl sheets out that hold the shape can be a little tedious, but I have a YouTube video up showing how I do it when I need to.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Trade Winds
02-03-2019, 11:12 AM
My experience with them was great but that was before they got hella popular. They did make an announcement that they have revised how they do things since they didn't expect to get so popular so fast and are a small company.

That being said, I have a betta tail from them and love it. I lay it out flat in my garage to dry, have washed it before on a gentle setting in the washer as needed (then lay it out to dry). Getting the vinyl sheets out that hold the shape can be a little tedious, but I have a YouTube video up showing how I do it when I need to.

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure now after reading so much if I should order from them or not. A friend of mine order one last year and had no problems, but yeah that was before current issues. I found another thread here where people are waiting on tails or refunds. It really sucks because there aren't many tailmakers who have tails that fit the Mahina (this one, Magictails, and Mermaid Inc are the ones I know).

MermaidBrandie
02-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure now after reading so much if I should order from them or not. A friend of mine order one last year and had no problems, but yeah that was before current issues. I found another thread here where people are waiting on tails or refunds. It really sucks because there aren't many tailmakers who have tails that fit the Mahina (this one, Magictails, and Mermaid Inc are the ones I know).Their response to the issues, including the refund and such issues. It's up to you, but I would order from them again in a heartbeat.

SirenGita
02-03-2019, 01:31 PM
I have been in repeated contact with them. Lots of pretty promises STILL NO REFUND despite claiming it has been processed twice.

They have offered me custom colors and 25% off which would be great but then they disappear again.

I definitely feel more like I'm getting delayed more than i am getting actual help or resolution.

I am definitely not happy right now and I'm trying my darndest to give them a second chance!

My friends who donated almost $500 are confused by my efforts. I just want my tail!

At this point its been 4 months since i ordered my tail. I've missed xmas, and will probably still not have my tail by my bday in april since I'm broke until i get that refund from swimtails :( at this point it looks like i won't even get my tail by my wedding in Hawaii and that was my whole dream :'(

MermaidBrandie
02-03-2019, 01:34 PM
I have been in repeated contact with them. Lots of pretty promises STILL NO REFUND despite claiming it has been processed twice.

I am definitely not happy right now and I'm trying my darndest to give them a second chance!:(

SirenGita
02-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Personally I'm giving them one more week to get back to me with something concrete before just accepting i got scammed and fighting them through my bank.

I adore those betta tails. They are by far my favorite design in that price range, and I've seen a few on IG and they make me drool :/

MermaidBrandie
02-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Personally I'm giving them one more week to get back to me with something concrete before just accepting i got scammed and fighting them through my bank.

I adore those betta tails. They are by far my favorite design in that price range, and I've seen a few on IG and they make me drool :/I love love love my betta tail.

I've been told by a Swimtails rep that all refunds and such are going through a merchant company called Stripe now so it might just be Stripe that's slow. They tolde to let everyone know to email them at support@swimtails.com and they'll do e erythong they can to work it out between yall. They're really fast to respond on Instagram whenever I message them too. [emoji3590] I hope it all gets sorted out.

Trade Winds
02-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Luckily I have to wait until I save up for the tail, so I hope by then they will 1) have business functioning normally and 2) have the bass tail they teased released. I'm torn between that and the betta, IF Swimtails gets better. It sucks so much for me because finding brown/lake-y fabric tails (without me having to buy a new monofin) is really hard. Then I ran into all this, and then saw the threads, the F rating on BBB, etc.

MermaidBrandie
02-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Luckily I have to wait until I save up for the tail, so I hope by then they will 1) have business functioning normally and 2) have the bass tail they teased released. I'm torn between that and the betta, IF Swimtails gets better. It sucks so much for me because finding brown/lake-y fabric tails (without me having to buy a new monofin) is really hard. Then I ran into all this, and then saw the threads, the F rating on BBB, etc.Yea I feel you. I know they're trying and since I'm local I know how small they are. They really didn't expect to blow up like that so theyre working on it, which they acknowledged in the apology on insta.

SirenGita
02-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Its nice to have the input from here too. I'll try and ride this out a while more. I know what its like to have a business partner tank your business so i will keep biting my nails until they get back to me again.

Its SO much harder than if i alone had paid for this as i feel so much pressure to get results :/

SirenGita
02-21-2019, 03:02 PM
https://coag.gov/node/20335

Sadly they disappeared again, and i got my official bbb response.

I have filed a complaint with the colarado ag, and they said if you guys have also been defrauded by swimtails, esp. If you live in colorado, they really need your reports.

The above link is to the ag report page.

This isn't vindictive but it does need to be done. They aren't taking the new profits for old refunds they are just taking it!

Mermoviemedic
05-11-2019, 11:47 PM
it's a damn shame, the betta tails have really caught me! and i can't find anyone else that makes them. Went looking and finding people from as late as 03/2019 complaning abount no refunds and no response, (BBB) When I made a coment on the FB page a few days ago, about how I did not like the V on a tail I got a respone right away saying they would take special orders.... (glad I checked first) Nope I do not think so... May even try to make my own if I get froggy enough to try LOL