PDA

View Full Version : Tarte Be a Mermaid Makeup Line

Mermaid Holly
04-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I recently received from my wonderful Aunt, a few items from the Be a Mermaid and Make Waves collection by Tarte, and thought I'd share it here!

Packaging: Absolutely beautiful! I got the brush set and eyeshadow palette and both come in gorgeous holographic, scale boxes. The brushes are wrapped in mermaid print tissue paper, which is absolutely adorable!

First impressions: The eyeshadow comes in a greenish, holographic container, shaped like a shell! It seems very sturdy and incredibly neat! The brush set comes with five synthetic brushes, with holographic tail handles. They do feel a little bit bristley, but not bad at all.

Inside the clam shell is a mirror that says: 99% mermaid. It contains 14 different colors mostly in greens and purples with hilarious names like 'shell yeah' and 'nude beach'. There are both matte and shimmery finishes. As I have yet to search them, I'm not sure about the texture or color payoff.

Overall, I can't wait to try these, and I'll post more pictures when I do!

Do you have any of the items in this collection? Do you like them? Share your thoughts!43240432414324243243

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Mermaid Holly
04-05-2018, 11:34 AM
More pics4324443245

Khaleesi Daenerys
04-05-2018, 01:44 PM
I saw that compact, it's lovely in person, but I couldn't justify the 45$ since I didn't see if it contained parabens.

AniaR
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM
They look great but I think they're way too expensive. The brushes are no different than the 9$ ones on Amazon that I already have lol

Mermaid Holly
04-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Very true, though I didn't get a choice based on price, as they were a gift. [emoji14]

MermaidRaegan
04-05-2018, 06:36 PM
I have the mascara and one of the lipsticks and they’re both awesome. The mascara is just their usual formula with a green make-over, but I love it anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MermaidAphrolila
04-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Oh gosh, now I've got to avoid Sephora until they stop selling this because I sure don't need more makeup, but how can I possibly resist?! Lol!

Mermaid Holly
04-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Lol

Lernaria
08-29-2018, 01:34 AM
The eyeshadow is really amazing and very versitile for any look you could think of, its a little pricey but i have no regrets lol

Mermaid Holly
08-29-2018, 06:47 PM
The eyeshadow is really amazing and very versitile for any look you could think of, its a little pricey but i have no regrets lol

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile appIt smells good too, lol. I feel kinda bad, because I just recently found out that I really look terrible with heavy eyeshadow, so I haven't gotten much of an opportunity to use this palette in public.

Lernaria
08-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Im sure you look great! you just have to have a very light hand when putting on these shadows because these are some BOLD colours and they NEED contrast with light colours or else itll kind of look like a blob of darkness on your eyes which would not look good on anyone.

MidsummerMermaid
08-29-2018, 09:44 PM
I see some mermaids pull off makeup underwater. Is this makeup waterproof?

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Holly
08-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Im sure you look great! you just have to have a very light hand when putting on these shadows because these are some BOLD colours and they NEED contrast with light colours or else itll kind of look like a blob of darkness on your eyes which would not look good on anyone.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile appAww thanks, I really need to give it another try.

Mermaid Holly
08-31-2018, 07:40 PM
I see some mermaids pull off makeup underwater. Is this makeup waterproof?

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)No, it's not at all, just mermaid inspired.

MermaidAuquita22331998
01-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Did u get the whole set my brother got me the makeup brushes I love them [emoji7]

Mermaid Holly
01-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Did u get the whole set my brother got me the makeup brushes I love them [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI just got the brushes and eyeshadow, I love how soft they are!

MermaidAuquita22331998
01-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Yes my brother got me the makeup brushes from a different brand though