PDA

View Full Version : HI! I'm Mermaid Lira new Texas mermaid!

mermaidLira
04-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Hello all! I'm Mermaid Lira. Just joined in today and enjoying myself so far. I'm part of the Pod of Texas and the Pod of the Southwest.

The first movie I ever saw in theaters was The Little Mermaid and, though I was too young to remember it, it has always held a huge part in my heart. I was in the water before I could walk and it's been a part of my life since then (I even got my degree in Animal Science and ended up working in seafood :lol:). One of my favorite things to do during middle and high school swimming was during free-time when my friends and I would grab fins and dolphin kick around the whole pool seeing who could get around the fastest and stay under the longest. After high school I coached swimming for 10 years, got my advanced/nitrox scuba certification, and a few years ago I fulfilled one of my biggest bucket list wishes...shark diving. About 20ish 7-9 ft blacktips swimming within arms reach, I was shaking I was so happy!

Now that I finally have spare time, I've decided to fulfill another dream of mine. Being a Mermaid! As my city is in the planning stages of building an aquarium (finally!) I hope to get to the point where I can make appearances and spread conservation and knowledge to my fellow West Texans. I just have a monofin as of now (Mahina), but am working on a design for a fabric tailskin to get my full mermaid on. Style-wise I'd say I'm going for a "beautiful but deadly" design (went ahead and attached a pic of the front/belly)

So happy to be here and can't wait to hear from my fellow mers!

Ransom
04-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Welcome Lira! Enjoy your time on Mernetwork, and may your dreams keep coming true.

Ashton
04-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Welcome! Where in Texas are you from? I see you are an avid diver- I am as well and it is always fun to meet new mermaid friends and potential dive buddies!

mermaidLira
04-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Waaaay over in Lubbock. Honestly think I'm the only mermaid in a 50+mile radius ��
We go out to Balmorea (think I spelled that right XD) quite a bit. Haven't asked them about tails yet, but I will definitely ask them once I get my tail. Gorgeous place for underwater pictures to.

Ashton
04-10-2018, 09:39 PM
That is so cool, we just had some divers do their open water in Balmorea (Sp?) last week! I was going to go, but got sick and couldn't make it.

Satine
04-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Welcome !!!! Texas mers rock I’m just outside of Houston !!!!

Mermaidtanya
04-16-2018, 10:21 PM
I’m a Texas mermaid too! I travel around DFW quite a bit. I’m trying to get back into mermaiding because I’ve been on hiatus due to my education and personal reasons. I’m happy to know there is another mermaid from Texas here!