PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Mermaid in the desert!

TheSugarSiren
05-04-2018, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Erin and I have been wanting to become a professional mermaid ever since I put on a tail for the first time. I was a brand ambassador, teaching Mermaid Swim lessons last summer and I loved it. I have fallen in love with the mer-world and know that I belong. I taught swim lessons for 7 years and I loved being in the water, swimming. There were a few times I took my tail to work and surprised the kids. They LOVED it. Being in Az, if you're not inside, you're in a pool.

During the week I work as a full time Baker/Confectioner and actually started my own blog about my adventures in baking as well as mermaiding. I have a lot to learn, but I'm excited for this adventure.

I'm going to school in the fall to get my Associates in Preparation for Interpreting for American Sign Language. I love the language and the culture, but I also want to be able to include everyone into the magic of mermaids. Plus, being able to sign underwater is pretty awesome.

I'm currently trying to save up for a silicone tail, and looking for places that sell fabric tails for plus size girls (size 18).

I hope to make friends real soon.

Stay Sweet!

The Sugar Siren

Ransom
05-04-2018, 03:14 AM
Welcome from Singapore, Erin! Have fun here, and it's great to see how you're integrating so much into mermaiding. I think your sign language initiative is really cool!

I'll let you know if I ever swing by AZ, it's definitely on my to-visit list. I'm sure fabric tail manufacturers (there's a list on this site) can help you out :)

Finley_FlipperHead
05-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Welcome, Miss Sugar! You are a brave mermaid for living out in hot Arizona! Stay hydrated my merfriend!

TheSugarSiren
05-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Welcome from Singapore, Erin! Have fun here, and it's great to see how you're integrating so much into mermaiding. I think your sign language initiative is really cool!

I'll let you know if I ever swing by AZ, it's definitely on my to-visit list. I'm sure fabric tail manufacturers (there's a list on this site) can help you out :)

Thank you! I would love to meet you if/when you come to Arizona! I actually found another plus size mermaid on Instagram and she told me of a couple that offer plus sizes.

TheSugarSiren
05-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Welcome, Miss Sugar! You are a brave mermaid for living out in hot Arizona! Stay hydrated my merfriend!
Thank you Finley! If it's one thing we're good at here it's staying hydrated. lol

Mermaid Momo
05-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Welcome!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

adrianquihuis
05-08-2018, 01:50 AM
Hi SugarSiren!! Great to meet you!! I'm from AZ! What area are you at? I'm from Chandler.