PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Items?? :)

Amethyst
03-26-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm just being nosey really ;) but do people here like or collect nautical items, as well as Mermaid items?? As I love them and if I had a big house, I would definitely have a nautical themed area :D I was just wondering if your homes are decorated completely sea themed?? As that would be awesome lol ;)

I have a few bits and bobs around my house, mainly sea shells lol I would love more but it's the cost of some things plus I'd have to think about where to put them :confused: lol :)

My lovely mirror :)

This was my dad's shell, he got it when he was in the Navy, if you couldn't tell from the painting, my dad for some reason tried to scrub it off before giving to me but I stopped him!! lol t was kinda worn away anyway but still nice to have a bit of something on there from where it came from :)

Spindrift
03-26-2012, 08:46 AM
I love nautical decor! Especially anchors :)

Theta
03-26-2012, 08:55 AM
In a perfect world, I would have a nautically decorated house on the shore someplace. My bf, however, will probably put his foot down and say 'no more sea stuff!' He's such a lubber.

Here's one of my favorite nautical stores, they have tons of home decor stuff:

http://www.prestons.com/

SweeteSiren
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
My backyard is guarded by 2 cement seahorses, about 3 feet tall. Sometimes in the evening when I'm sitting on the porch swing and the wind through the pine trees sounds like surf, I look through them and pretend they're staring out over the ocean instead of into the woods.

SireniaSolaris
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
One day I'd like to have a beach house somewhere. If I had a beach house I'd totally do all decorating sea themed :)

Amethyst
03-26-2012, 10:32 AM
My backyard is guarded by 2 cement seahorses, about 3 feet tall. Sometimes in the evening when I'm sitting on the porch swing and the wind through the pine trees sounds like surf, I look through them and pretend they're staring out over the ocean instead of into the woods.

Your place sounds really nice!! Love the sound of the seahorse guards! :D

Alveric
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I collect and paint model ships.

Alveric

Mermaid Sirena
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I LOVE the mirror :D

Mermaid Jewel
03-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I painted my study room in an aqua blue with white trim and furniture so it looks like a beach house :) I also have a seashell themed bathroom, and I own about 5-6 lbs of seashells/sand dollars I collected myself from various beaches (I LOVE diving for seashells :D)