PDA

View Full Version : Netti' Syren Mini Tailmaking Adventure~

Mermaid Saila
06-09-2018, 05:00 AM
Hello lovelies,

I recently underwent the challenge of tail-making, well kind of. A friend of mine suggested that I start out small so I did, I created a doll sized tail of a tail design I would like to make life sized once I can gain the money for material. I know it doesn't transfer as well, but I think it was great practice and gave me knowledge in how silicone works and how to put things together with it. I showed my process on Instagram and Facebook, I meant to do it here as well, but forgot....so I can't really show the process as it has a lot of photos, but I thought I would show the progress after as I still have many designs to do and would like to show my life-sized ones when I get to them here and the finished product with you guys. I plan on making four other designs to sell as doll tails so that I have an income other then my full time job coming in to help save so I can make the designs life sized.

I have attached a link to my OneDrive that has all the photo's of what Ive been doing, it's not very organized...sorry about that. But if you go to my Instagram MermaidSaila or my facebook Mermaid Saila you can see the timeline progression better. If you want to purchase a custom Doll Tail you can from NettinSyren on Etsy, I still have a slot open for an order.

Anyways let me know what you guys think. I haven't decided yet, but I think the next one I want to do is the Kelpie design I came up with. ^^

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ankok4W-npJhkFnilblWYvd6opZ9

Tanychew
06-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Looks lovely!

I loved your sketches, and your clay sculpting is flawless! Well done :thumbs-up:

Mermaid Saila
06-10-2018, 02:04 AM
Thank you! I can't wait to cast the ones I have so far once it stops raining. Im super excited to make my next tail.

Tanychew
06-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Are you going to make a few more smaller versions before you make your own tail?

Mermaid Saila
06-10-2018, 05:50 AM
Yes, as I do not have the funds needed to make my own fullsized tail yet Ill be making more small sized ones, Ive even opened up an Etsy to take commissions for custom mermaid doll tails. Its good practice for hand painting, sculpting and just working with silicone in general. It also allows me to test out theories as well without wasting large amounts of matieral.

I plan on doing tops eventually, those will be full sized, just need to save a little more so I can buy a bust base, lol ^^