PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio Meet Up?

Mermaid Rubbles
06-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone! Ive been wanting to plan a meet up for a bit now and im finally able to! I figured Aquatic Adventures would be a good place to hold it but not sure what date yet. Maybe July 1st or 2nd? It would be super cool to get to meet other mer-people in person!
Would anyone be interested in having one?

Paergence
06-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Depending on how it pans out, I might be able to. It's about 2:40 from me, and I am at the tadpole end of the spectrum, but I would love to go to a meetup.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Mermaid Rubbles
06-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Depending on how it pans out, I might be able to. It's about 2:40 from me, and I am at the tadpole end of the spectrum, but I would love to go to a meetup.

That would be awesome! My little sister is gonna be coming too so no worries about age lol!

Also I realized I should state this here. Aquatic Adventures 1 time pass fee is 10 dollars. And the first time you swim they have you sign a paperwork thing, if your under 18 youll need a parents signiture also. It basically just says youll follow the rules and if you dont and you get hurt thats not on them.

Paergence
06-11-2018, 12:38 PM
XD I should have specified better - human age I am 31, but I just got my first fin on Thursday. The pass fee thing is super nice to know though.

Mermaid Rubbles
06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
XD I should have specified better - human age I am 31, but I just got my first fin on Thursday. The pass fee thing is super nice to know though.

Oh oops! I figured you meant you were a child lol! Sorry for assuming! Did you mean 2:40 as in about 3 hours away? Thats far omg

Paergence
06-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Yeah, almost three hours. And I don't think that was a bad thing to assume either - that is info that would need to be shared anyway.

I just drove that far this weekend to try my fin in a pond (with a lifejacket and buddies), so.... xD

Mermaid Rubbles
06-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Thats true lol! And nice! As someone who rarely leaves the area around Columbus anything further always seems far.

Jade Mermaid
06-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone! Ive been wanting to plan a meet up for a bit now and im finally able to! I figured Aquatic Adventures would be a good place to hold it but not sure what date yet. Maybe July 1st or 2nd? It would be super cool to get to meet other mer-people in person!
Would anyone be interested in having one?
Hi! I didn’t see your post until today (I saw that you had replied to one of my posts and noticed this post too)! I think many of the merfolk in Ohio don’t get on the MerNetwork all that frequently. Are you a member of the Ohio Based Mermaid Meet Up Group on Facebook (admin. Tami Baker)? Many more check for updates on that page. I suggest requesting to join that group if you haven’t already and you could ask Tami if she could put up a post for you about the possible get together. Keep in mind those that are professional mermaids often have gigs on the weekend and day jobs during the week so don’t be disappointed if many of them are already busy. Worth a try though. I think should be able to come to a meet up at the beginning of July though. :) With your dates, are you trying for Sunday, July 1 or Monday, July 2 or did you mean to put Saturday, June 30 as a possibility? Hope you’re able to get something arranged!

Paergence
06-19-2018, 02:03 PM
I know I submitted a request to join that group...a week and a half ago? And not heard anything back yet. Its not a long amount of time unless you are waiting lol.

Mermaid Rubbles
06-19-2018, 04:26 PM
I know I submitted a request to join that group...a week and a half ago? And not heard anything back yet. Its not a long amount of time unless you are waiting lol.

Hey sorry im catching up on messages lol work has had me crazy! I actually just joined it a few days ago but just saw people posting photoshoot stuff so i wasnt sure if it was actually the right place for it.

Due to work situations im now thinking July 2nd since they asked if i can come in the 1st (usually its my day off). Did you guys have a time you wanted to do it? I figured about 8:30 am maybe but if it doesnt work for someone we can do something else!

Paergence
06-19-2018, 05:52 PM
I guess I'm going to cancel my request to join and then retry. Notifications on FB tend to get lost lol. XD

On topic, if you do it on Monday I'll have to pass this time. I'll be at work. Just have to catch it next time. ;D

Mermaid Rubbles
06-19-2018, 06:21 PM
I guess I'm going to cancel my request to join and then retry. Notifications on FB tend to get lost lol. XD

On topic, if you do it on Monday I'll have to pass this time. I'll be at work. Just have to catch it next time. ;D

Darn! Thank you still though for wanting to come! Next time definitely can try for a weekend!

Jade Mermaid
06-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Hey sorry im catching up on messages lol work has had me crazy! I actually just joined it a few days ago but just saw people posting photoshoot stuff so i wasnt sure if it was actually the right place for it.

Due to work situations im now thinking July 2nd since they asked if i can come in the 1st (usually its my day off). Did you guys have a time you wanted to do it? I figured about 8:30 am maybe but if it doesnt work for someone we can do something else!
I think a Monday meetup will be difficult for most people to come participate. I think it would be fine to post on the Facebook page to see if anyone can come. You could ask Tami about it if you feel hesitant. While it’s nice to see people’s beautiful photo shoots, it would be refreshing to have some other types of posts on there (Tami had mentioned long ago it wasn’t just a modeling page). As to your meetup, it might be more successful with a Sunday date though. Cheers!

Mermaid Rubbles
06-23-2018, 09:45 PM
I think a Monday meetup will be difficult for most people to come participate. I think it would be fine to post on the Facebook page to see if anyone can come. You could ask Tami about it if you feel hesitant. While it’s nice to see people’s beautiful photo shoots, it would be refreshing to have some other types of posts on there (Tami had mentioned long ago it wasn’t just a modeling page). As to your meetup, it might be more successful with a Sunday date though. Cheers!

Gah yeah, sundays a better day, i can see if i can get them to let me have sunday off if you think its a better plan. I havent planned an event before so sorry if im fairly scattered at this! Ill go ahead and message her to make sure! Thank you so much for your help with this Jade!

Paergence
06-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Oh, if it does get changed, could you let me know through here? I am still waiting to get into the group and don't know if I skipped some secret handshake...

Mermaid Rubbles
06-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Would you guys be okay putting it off till the 15th? That way we all could go since its a Sunday, id say the sunday after this coming (7/8/18) but the Dive Pool has classes going on for scuba then

Paergence
06-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Would you guys be okay putting it off till the 15th? That way we all could go since its a Sunday, id say the sunday after this coming (7/8/18) but the Dive Pool has classes going on for scuba thenI could do the 15th. I think I am in Cincinati for a concert the day before actually. XD

Mermaid Rubbles
06-29-2018, 06:18 PM
I could do the 15th. I think I am in Cincinati for a concert the day before actually. XD

Thats fun lol! Hopefully you wont be too tired from it!

I heard back from Tami about posting about the meet up too and she sais it would be great. So ill be posting that tonight or tomorrow when i get off work!

Mermaid Rubbles
07-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Just touching base real quick!
I called Aquatics awhile ago to be sure that it would be okay with them if 4-5 people showed up during the open period with tails. They said that was okay! There is a birthday party going on at 1 PM so he said just make sure were out by then.
So that means we could swim from as early as 8 to 12:30 probably. Is that a good time frame for you guys? Paergence you said you would have to drive awhile, would you want us to make it a little later so you dont have to get up as early?
Also im planning on bringing my extra monofin and maybe some small snacks for us all, does anyone have any allergies?

Paergence
07-10-2018, 08:56 PM
That sounds fantastic!

As long as it's okay, I am also dragging my roommate but she is no drama at all, and might end up just sleeping on a lounge chair depending on how early we go. We are going to be closer to Cincinnati the night before, so we are going to be coming from about two hours away instead of three. That being said, if it could be closer to ten that would be amazing too.

I can bring things too! (I instantly imagined goldfish, because reasons.)

Mermaid Rubbles
07-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Of course no worries! My mom is wanting to go also! Maybe 9:30?
Thats exactly what i thought of lol! If you wanna do goldfish i can get maybe some fruit snacks or bring drinks, water or tea maybe lol! Did you have a preference?

Paergence
07-13-2018, 09:10 AM
No preference here. :D I will stop after work today to get goldfish. I am so excited for this. XD

We are going to try our hardest for 9:30 to be there, but we also haven't been tho the area we are leaving from, or the area we are going. (And I get lost easylol)

Mermaid Rubbles
07-13-2018, 03:41 PM
No worries! Maybe you guys will be fashionably late lol! Depending on which direction you come from theres a lot of round abouts! If it helps any theres a Bob Evans right next to it

Mermaid Rubbles
07-14-2018, 03:33 PM
So i hate to have to pull out at the last moment but im not going to be able to go! My sister just got a job thats really far away and sunday morning is the last day ill be able to spend time with her before were both busy before she leaves. I was looking forward so much to swimming with everyone im sorry!

Mermaid Rubbles
07-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Scratch that were good aaaaaaa! She has stuff to do in the morning now so figured i shouldnt cancel if im not gonna see her