PDA

View Full Version : sample script for comic book wanted.

Mermaid Momo
03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
i've been wanting to become a comic book artist for a while now.(5 years exactly) but i just realised that a lot of people who like your art also asks for sequential pages. I've drawn sequential pages before. but never more than 2 and the companies want to see at least 6. so i was wondering if someone would like to write up a sample script for me to follow to create these pages to add to my online portfolio.

as this isn't a paid job, the best i can do is provide a link back to you on the images. I'm asking for a script of a 6-10 page comic (doesnt have to be a complete comic book but if you want to make it a short story then be my guest) it can be on anything because the wider range of comics i can draw the better chance i have of being hired. Pleas include dialogue in your script even though i might not add dialogue since i'm a penciler.

if you're interested, please send the completed script as a link or pdf by the forum PM system or you can post them as responses if you would like others to use them as an example. I'll contact you through the Mernetwork PM system if i love your script and would like to draw it as a comic. Please feel free to ask questions.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Hmmm.... not sure what to come up with... any particular story type you're looking for?

Mermaid Momo
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
not really. though most people say that my style is sorta toned down and romantic so i guess romance?