PDA

View Full Version : Leaving On A Virtual Vacation

Princess Kae-Leah
03-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Dear Friends,
I would just like to let you know that I have decided to take a break from both my public Facebook mer- page and MerNetwork for a while. It has honestly been weeks since mermaiding has been genuinely fun for me, or hasn't caused me stress and heartache, and I hope taking a break would help me reconnect with the very sense of fun and whimsy that inspired me to write "Nerissa Sanderson, The Part-Time Mermaid of Sunshine Valley, CA" and purchase a costume mermaid tail in the first place.
Hobbies are a wonderful thing, but just about everything has the potential to turn into an unhealthy obsession and as such end up doing me more harm than good, and negative energy and self-doubting can be more addictive than any drug known to mankind. Believe me, I wish more than anything that I was strong enough to let the hurt I feel drift away with the waves and then get eaten by sharks, but unfortunately I feel being constantly reminded of recent drama has made moving on from it profoundly difficult.
As I write this open letter, I must admit that I am overcome by some seriously mixed emotions. Taking even a temporary break from this page means I will not be doing the activism for ocean conservation issues that is so important to me, and because of that fact I suppose part of me feels I'm letting down the oceans and its beautiful creatures that I love so much. However, at the end of the day, I suppose my mental health is ultimately more important than any petition that I could sign to help protect the oceans, or any other excuse I could come up with to refuse to take a "virtual vacation".
In closing, I want to apologize for any drama that I've caused in the past, to encourage other merfolk in my absence to keep fighting the good fight for ocean conservation, to keep spreading peace and love and not hate, and, heck, to pray for me if you're the praying type.
Love and fishes,
Kae-Leah

Gem Stone
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
I eagerly await your return

Mermaid Sirena
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Take care of your self beautiful, we will be here waiting for your return. I hope you find your peace and joy while taking a break from it all.

SireniaSolaris
03-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I hope you feel better soon. It is as you said - your own mental and emotional health comes first. After all, you cannot stand for the oceans as well if you are not in tip top shape, right? :)

We are looking forward to seeing a happy, healthy KL come back to us. Take care, doll :)

Theta
03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope you re-connect, re-energize, and come back refreshed and happy again! We'll be thinking of you and waiting for your return :)Take good care of yourself in the meantime!

Alveric
03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Rest up, have fun and come back.

Alveric

BlueMermaid
03-28-2012, 11:50 AM
I have done the same thing on numerous occasions, it helps alot. *hug* Hope to see you again soon sweetie.

happyguava
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
I know how you feel, KL, I think we all let those feelings of self-doubt get to us at times. I hope you have a refreshing break and I hope we see you back soon :)

Maple
03-29-2012, 11:44 PM
I love the positive energy on this thread! I chatted with Kae-Leah a lot before she made this decision, and while I am sad that I won't get to talk to my friend on FB for a bit, I am very happy that she's taking the time she needs to recharge and re-evaluate her online life.

However, it breaks my heart knowing that there were a few mers out there that purposefully went out of their way to hurt KL's feelings. It's happened more than once, which is even worse. What I don't understand is the people who may not have agreed with or liked KL - why did they not just defriend her from FB and put her on their ignore list here on MN? Instead they decided to act immaturely and set out to hurt feelings. Shame on them.

In no way to I mean this to be dramatic; it is just something that has made me so upset since KL and I talked.

Of course, I sincerely hope to see Kae-Leah return to us soon and am so thankful to see everyone supporting her with such positivity. It makes my heart go pitter-pat for all you lovely mers out there.

Mermaid Dottie
04-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I adore you, Kae, and you inspire me. Know that I think you are the most beautifully spirited Mer in the Ocean, and take good care of yourself. You are Important.