PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Clearwater, Florida

MidsummerMermaid
08-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Are there pods around my area that anyone knows of? I'm brand new and feel a bit awkward being the only mermaid in a pool.

Mermaid Aerial Princess
08-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Hi, MerFantasy! I'm Amy or Mermaid Aerial Princess (on FB & IG). I'm in Tampa. There are a bunch of mermaids around. I'm part of a pod called Florida Springs Mermaids. You can find us on Facebook. We are having a Mini Meet Up Sat Aug 25 at Ginnie Springs. You can find more info about it in the events section of the FB page. We invite all mermaids to join in and come swim with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MidsummerMermaid
08-03-2018, 10:18 PM
@Ariel, which springs? Like Tarpon, or Weeki Wachee or just Florida Springs in general?

Mermaid Aerial Princess
08-04-2018, 12:36 AM
We have meet ups at different spring around Florida. Alexander Springs and Ginnie Springs have been the most popular but we been trying to go to different ones all around the State. Our mermaids come from all over to get together and swim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MidsummerMermaid
08-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Ginnie is 2 hours away from me so I won't be doing that unfortunately hehe

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Jurassic Merman
08-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Hi Amy! I live right near Clearwater! I am also part of the Florida Springs Mermaids pod, and I can send you a PM if you want! My Instagram is Jurassic Merman. I think the closest spring to us (unless you wanna swim in the ocean) is Lithia Springs, and Homassassa is awesome because of the manatees.

MerEmma
08-15-2018, 11:51 PM
Wow!! I've been so out of touch with MerNetwork and the merworld in my life lately, I didn't even know about the FL Springs Mermaid pod! I'm moving to Tampa (literally tomorrow) for school, I hope I can join you guys sometime!!

MidsummerMermaid
08-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Lithia Springs, I'll have to google that one. And @MerEmma, you're gonna love it! :D

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Jurassic Merman
08-17-2018, 05:55 PM
I would love to swim with you both! I will send you guys PM's :)

Kedage2
09-25-2018, 09:32 PM
Hi MerFantasy, we actually have a small pod starting up in clearwater/Largo area so far we've had a small meet up at clearwater beach and at our community pool we would love new mermaids to join us! We are suncoastmermaidpod on IG.

sapphire
01-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Hi, I'm new, I am about 30 min south of Clearwater. I currently don't have a tail skin (because I would like to make my own, however I am swimming with a Mahina ) but once things heat up and I get my skin made i'd love to meet up.

Kedage2
01-16-2019, 01:08 PM
Hi, we are in clearwater and meet up often for dry and wet events, we are heading to the florida springs mermaids meetup on Saturday, join us!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

MidsummerMermaid
02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Hi, we are in clearwater and meet up often for dry and wet events, we are heading to the florida springs mermaids meetup on Saturday, join us!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetworkDo you have a link to that instagram?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Kedage2
02-07-2019, 07:26 PM
@merpirates_clearwater

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Mermaid Manta
03-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Newbie here too! Can't wait to meet everyone one day.
I am currently planning to make my own tail to bring out.

MidsummerMermaid
03-04-2019, 06:56 PM
I would personally buy your own. On main street in Dunedin there is a shop, Mermaid Secret Garden. Go into the store, all the way into the back, and get yourself a FinFun. They can order if they don't have your size.

Slim
03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
I never even knew that place exist. I'll have to check that place out since I just recently retired my first FinFun skin.

I would personally buy your own. On main street in Dunedin there is a shop, Mermaid Secret Garden. Go into the store, all the way into the back, and get yourself a FinFun. They can order if they don't have your size.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app (http://MerNetwork mobile app)

MidsummerMermaid
03-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Yeah, bit more expensive but great place