PDA

View Full Version : HOLY F***ING S**T, James Cameron just went to the bottom of the Mariana Trench

malinghi
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
SERIOUSLY, OH MY GOD. HOLY SHIT. WOW.

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this. This is almost as awesome as going back to the moon.

http://youtu.be/HH8qSBiIgGA

Also, does someone have James Cameron's e-mail address so we can invite him to join MerNetwork? We all know he's totally into this stuff.

Gem Stone
03-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I know! I saw that on the news! I can't believe it!

Artisankatie
03-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Ha, yeah, this was mentioned in one of my Geoscience lectures last week - "See, you don't have to be a scientist to do stuff like this, you just need a shitload of money."

Spindrift
03-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Ha, yeah, this was mentioned in one of my Geoscience lectures last week - "See, you don't have to be a scientist to do stuff like this, you just need a shitload of money."

But he is actually a professional deep-sea explorer. He used to make a ton of underwater documentaries. He's also an inventor and developed a lot of new camera techniques. The guy is pretty legit.

SireniaSolaris
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Wow. Neat!

Nate Walis
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe he's so keen to get down there because it's the only place on Earth he has a chance of locating an original idea for a movie...