PDA

View Full Version : Underwater MP3player

Mermaid Star
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM
My underwater speaker was $45 I think. You just submerge it in the water and everyone underwater within a certain radius can hear it. :) I tried it in my dads pool and it sounds great!

Mermaasai
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Ok, so I've decided to buy an underwater mp3 player...
Not being familiar with whats out there I did a bit of research and the midrange affordable fairly good reviews product I found was this: http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=33517&CartID=1&color=25823

Has any one had experience with this or any other waterproof mp3 player?

The finis swmp3 caught my eye the most because instead of headphones which seem to refuse to stay in my ear on ANY mp3 player, it is a bone based mp3player.
So it resonates through your cheekbones to your inner ear to produce clear sound under water regardless of water being in your ears.
FASCINATING right?

Im looking forward to trying it out, if indeed it is what I get..

Gem Stone
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM
I've never even heard of one but they sound cool.

malinghi
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
I think winged mermaid bought a waterproof mp3 player but I'm not sure. I'll text her and ask her.

Maple
03-29-2012, 12:43 AM
I have a swiMP3. You do have to turn up the volume if you don't wear silicone in your ears, and sometimes it messes up how your goggles sit on your face, but otherwise it's amazing and I never swim laps without it!

Mermaid Star
03-29-2012, 05:20 AM
I don't have an underwater MP3 Player but I do have an underwater speaker. You can plug it into a radio and lower it into the water. That way anyone in the water (within a certain radius) can hear it. :)

Mermaid Sirena
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
That sounds a lot more promising then all the other aquatic mp3 players I've seen. Personally I don't have any experience but if you do end up getting it I'm sure we would all be fascinated in your experience :D

Winged Mermaid
03-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I do indeed have a Finis Swimp3 player! I love it!! I've never found it messes with how goggles are situated. I do have a pair of speedo goggles though. It's clear and you can turn it up really loud! The only thing I've had issue with is is the order of the songs on playlists on it. It says that they will be ordered in the order you upload them, but that's not always true. I'm still messing with it, but it's not really a big deal. You also have to memorize what combinations of buttons do what (shuffle, skipping from playlist to playlist, ect). My advice would be to actually buy from Finis. First off they have really excellent customer service from what I've heard, so if there is an issue they will help you, but I'm not sure if that applies if you don't buy it right from the company. Secondly, the "mermaid20" code still works last time I checked (used it to buy mine), so that's 20% off!

Advice to anyone- never buy a underwater mp3 player that requires a case for an actual mp3 player or headphones. I've looked into it and headphones are not good at staying in your ears or the player in the water at all and they really get in the way. Also casings and headphones are really prone to leaks and breakage. Not worth the hassle or the money.

Mermaasai
03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
nice!

I shall have to invest then ^.^
I'm looking forward to it. Fortunately music order isnt a big deal to me, I generally like things to be random and mixed.
Thanks for the code! I hope it still works ;)

Gem Stone
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Is there a music played where you just put it in the water and you only hear it underwater? That way everyone in the pool hears it?

Mermaasai
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I think you can use a submersible speaker for that ^.^

Sea Pearl
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
I didn't even know you could get underwater MP3 players but it sounds really cool! Would be really cool to listen to in the pool or swimming under water.

Gem Stone
03-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I found a floating pool speaker for $100 at Leslie's pool supplies. I'm thinking about getting it

Winged Mermaid
04-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Music really does take mermaiding to a whole other level of joy, fun, and relaxation for me! It's especially helpful if you get the "big fish in a tiny bowl" syndrome- I think all of us knows what that feels like!

I checked out the floating pool speaker you spoke of, it is just for above water sound, but still cool! I was looking into underwater speakers, but they start at $250 and go up FAST. The cheapest ones are meant to to be installed permanently. Things are expensive! :/ How great would that be though. What one were you talking about Star? Can't seem to find anything like that for that price so far.

Mermaid Star
04-13-2012, 11:41 AM
It is from daravoc. I found it on ebay from the post supplier. Works great! I will have to find a link and post it

Mermaid Star
04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
This is the one I got from them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARAVOC-Underwater-Speaker/220776810580?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=012&category=3276&cmd=ViewItem

You can also see their products on their webpage, here: http://www.esunpride.com/product.htm

I got model MA001A just in case the ebay is no longer working when someone reads this. :)

If you need more info, I can try and find it for you. Just let me know! :)

Lyna
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
want.