PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mernetwork a safe place for teens?

Mermaid Holly
08-14-2018, 01:40 AM
Hey, quick question.

My younger, teen cousin has just gotten into mermaiding, and wants to get an account, but her parents are a bit worried about safety. Would you guys say that this is a community that is overall creeper-free?
Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Mermaid Jaffa
08-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Yes. Creep free. We have the mer police. But drama? That's another story.

Generally, They're quite nice and and helpful. I was going to say they don't bite either but some of us do!

Mermaid Holly
08-14-2018, 02:01 AM
Yes. Creep free. We have the mer police. But drama? That's another story.

Generally, They're quite nice and and helpful. I was going to say they don't bite either but some of us do!Cool, thanks! I was pretty sure that it's safe, I was just wondering if anyone else had anything to share.

AniaR
08-14-2018, 01:57 PM
we work hard to keep it creep free but I would suggest she turn off private messaging, or have an adult monitor it. We have had the odd creep get in and not make posts, but use PMs. There's an option in settings for turning it off.

KTMaggs
08-14-2018, 02:03 PM
Hey, quick question.

My younger, teen cousin has just gotten into mermaiding, and wants to get an account, but her parents are a bit worried about safety. Would you guys say that this is a community that is overall creeper-free?
Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Iím twelve (I have parent permission) and I havenít found anything except some drama and a mervert blacklist.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Holly
08-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Okay, thanks for all the info! I'll send her these replies, and we'll see what her parents say.

Mermaid Mystery
08-19-2018, 09:55 PM
yeah ive been on here since i was 13 and i've never run into anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk