PDA

View Full Version : New from New England :)

Ayzil
08-21-2018, 08:34 AM
Hi, everyone! My name is Lisa and I'm from western Connecticut, near the New York border. I am definitely new to the world of mermaiding and am interested in learning from all of you! I am a cosplayer who has been cosplaying Ariel for several years and one of my friends who is a photographer asked me if I would be interested in doing a mermaid photoshoot. I've always adored mermaids but I don't know that I ever considered that it was something I could really do. So I started watching videos and doing research and have realized what an amazing community is out there and that it's a hobby I definitely want to try. I purchased a basic tail to learn with (FinFun was having a sale :D) and I'm interested in learning all I can and maybe connecting with some other mermaids, local and otherwise.

I do have some questions, too! Where do you all swim? Most of what I've read has said that YMCAs aren't particularly mer-friendly. Are there places you suggest for swimming and practicing?

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully learning a lot! I am very excited to get into this amazing hobby!

pinki_girl513
01-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Hello [emoji305][emoji1366] there! I’m from Ct as well, easy side of the river but my mom is about a sneeze away from the NY border, I usually swim in the lake in my friend’s town or a relative’s pool

Mermaid Galia
01-28-2019, 06:29 AM
Another CT mer here! I’m in the Northwest Corner, about 10 min from MA. It’s so cool to see other Mer’s in CT hoping on.