PDA

View Full Version : Finis Foil is Too Small?

---
03-29-2012, 01:31 PM
-

Maple
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
How is it too small? Are your feet too long or wide?

If they're too long have you thought about cutting the footstraps off and using tension instead? Or, sewing in elastic bands? You'd have to do that by hand with a pretty thick needle...

malinghi
04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Some people who get blisters from foot pockets wear neoprene booties to reduce discomfort. You can also probably try this with socks.
http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=31148&Click=310393&gclid=CJDjwo_Av68CFcae7QodKl6HyQ

Miss Sparkle
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I am having the same problem - I ordered the Foil in XS, since I wear a women's size 6.5, and now that my monofin has finally arrived (took two weeks for it to get here!) it is way too small, both in terms of length and width.

I really hate to have to send it back because it will take forever to get a refund and order a replacement. I can deal with the strap being tight, it's not that bad, but my tiny narrow feet can just barely squeeze inside and I can just imagine the wonderful blisters I'll have if I tried to swim in it. Does anyone know if it's even possible for this thing to stretch out some after wear? And I'm worried that if I go the next size up it will be way too big, though I suppose booties or swim socks might help.

Miss Sparkle
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
According to the Amazon reviews, the sizing of the Foil tends to be inconsistent. With U.S. shoe sizes, a 6.5 ought to be 9 1/4 inches long. I measured my monofin and the foot pockets were slightly less than eight inches long.

Granted it is an open toe design, and my real problem is the width and not the length, but still. I'm stuffing rolled up socks in my monofin and I'll check in a few days to see if it helps any. I wish my problem was that the monofin was slightly too loose! I wanted to be able to wear swim socks with my monofin but there is absolutely NO wiggle room at present.

Merman Chris
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Strange, because I have a foil in my first tail and it fits me just fine, and I wear a 11/12 mens shoe.

sunrise
05-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Mine's small too. Only for me, it's too long, not wide enough, and actually too short. It says it's the right size on Amazon, but I have two bruises on my left foot now. It fits somewhat better in water though.

Mermaid Saphira
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
You could sit with the fin on in a hot tub for awhile..this should expand the foot pockets a bit

spottedcatfish
06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Hmm I have a pair of Finis zoomers. I read the instructions that came with the fins, and they said that blisters will be normal till your feet toughen up to the fins. I also have a 6 1/2 foot, and the sizing is such that the smallest size c, goes from a 3 - 6 in women sizes (these are the ones I have) and the next size up goes from a 6 - 8. I have swam in then twice so far, and I've noticed that they are getting tight on my feet, much like your monofin. The booties may not leave enough room for you feet in them, so I'd try some lycra swimming socks and see how your feet feel after using wearing them with the fins.

MerAnthony
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Plastic is a petroleum based product and when monofins are made they are made from a mold. An in the mold a lubricant is used to keep it from sticking inside the mold. To clean it off just use rubbing alcohol on a rag and wipe it off. Sometimes they don't bother to clean them after they are made, they just stack and ship.