PDA

View Full Version : Cute Encounters

Nemefish
03-29-2012, 12:03 AM
awwww how cute are all your styories, i wish i get a small fan club of kids being all excited about mermaids when i get a tail, it sounds like so much fun for all ^_^

Mermaid Dottie
03-29-2012, 12:05 AM
I totally love it. I didn't get to go swimming today, so I'll prolly end up swimming on monday after work again.

Mermaasai
03-30-2012, 03:08 PM
The cutest thing EVER happened at the pool today.

I got to the pool today and put my tail on but didn't realize there was going to a class for young autistic children at the pool today!
Well they arrived (6 of them 3 boys and 3 girls) and cuteness ensued.

The girls AND boys were absolutely thrilled to have a mermaid in the pool with them and asked ALL kinds of questions and we had a little mini swim session on how to swim like a mermaid (dolphin kick). We held mini races and I blew bubbles at them. We even had a little breath holding contest.
It was a-FREAKING-dorable.

Absolutely made my day, they begged their teacher to come back next friday and I promised I would be there to play with them again.
Ohhhhh they were so cute.
By next week my new tail from mermaid parties should have arrived so I will be a little more 'realistic' for them too.
I just had to share the cuteness.

I think I'm going to talk to the people that run that public pool and make a weekly promise to spend all day Friday there for little mermaid meet and greets for the kids that swim there.
It just warms my heart up and down.

Kanti
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Aww that's so sweet xD
I;m sure the teacher wasn't expecting that to happen lol. It probably made their
day a lot better too in the end.
How old were they?

Mermaasai
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I think they ranged between about 8 and 14, the teacher was this REALLY big man (like buff big) and he just smiled and looked like a great big teddy bear.

Sephina
03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I had a smiliar encounter my second time swimming in a tail. A little girl was in the pool and went nuts over my tail, her dad wasn't paying attention and just kept telling her she had a great imagination. The look on his face when he finally looked up and realized it wasn't her imagination was hilarious!

Gem Stone
03-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Last summer I was at Weeki Wachee in my tail and a three year old boy made his mom buy an inner tube to carry him out to the peer so he could say hi to the mermaid. And then he was too shy to say hello! It was so adorable but his mom was MAD! She was like, I did not buy an inner tube and swim out here for you to chicken out. Now say hello, now!
He was so cute!

Mermaid Dottie
03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I almost have a little fan club. :) if I go to the nearest pool on fridays and saturdays the same little girls are there with their grandparents and moms. Last time, they remembered my name, and asked me to watch them because they had taken diving lessons that week. They were so good!
And once I went there and they had just finished swimming lessons, and there was a little boy still practicing with his mom. I helped him with his front crawl stroke! I was thrilled!

Nyx
03-30-2012, 09:25 PM
All that cuteness!
I love hearing stories about kids (and even adults) getting excited over mermaids XD.
I think it's the most adorable and funny thing ever.

green52
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Mermaassi, you must of totally made their day!

Raivynn
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
LIKE! There are special needs children and adults that come into my store weekly, including the King's Daughters (school for autistic children/adults). I always make time for each of them, even if they are difficult to understand. Most of them are articulate enough to speak well, but some still need help from their guardians. But me ... I want to work with kids. I've decided I don't want any of my own, but I have no problem in spending small amounts of time with groups of them because they are just so darn cute!!!

Mermaid Dottie
04-04-2012, 12:01 PM
The Funniest thing happened at the pool on monday! At the pool nearby there is a lazy river donut, and a little space inside with jets. I went in there, got caught in the middle of a splash war, and freaked out this boy who was 11 or 12. He TOTALLY thought my tail was real, and thought it was freaky!
"Woah! Woah! OH my gosh! What is that?!"
I pretended to freak out when he grabbed my tail. It was SUPER Funny.

and for cuteness, a little 3-year-old said "You're a real mermaid?" so I let her feel my tail and said "You tell me. Am I real?" normally when I do this kids go "No...." and shake their heads and smile. Not her. She just gazed at me in wonder and asked the question again, so I told her "if I'm a real mermaid to you, then that's all that matters." she was so precious!

MerEmma
04-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Ah, I like this thread! Too bad it hasn't been touched in so long. Anyhow. Today I was swimming at the pool and a girl about ten came up to me and said she loved my tail. :P I was only in my Oceanika but I was just so happy. She raved and raved about how realistic it flowed and how beautiful it was and said that from the other end of the pool I looked almost real. :P I had a wonderful time and I'll probably see her again since her family is an owner at the timeshare too. I just couldn't stop smiling! :P (Plus I finally got to figure out if I was making bubble hearts or bubble blobs!)