PDA

View Full Version : Goth/Nerd Pod

mermaidamathiea
10-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I figured there has to be at least a few other Mers who are either goth or nerds like me. I'd love for there to be a group of us, and hopefully at some point be able to do some things together!

Mermaid Ichthya
10-01-2018, 09:09 PM
I figured there has to be at least a few other Mers who are either goth or nerds like me. I'd love for there to be a group of us, and hopefully at some point be able to do some things together!I'm a goth

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Mermaid Delphinidae
10-01-2018, 09:53 PM
I go with a goth style sometimes, listen to some of the music too. I really want to put together a goth mermaid look sometime! I have a cool design idea for a silicone mermaid tail but I won't be able to afford one any time soon, so I'm keeping an eye on the fabric tail companies and hoping one of them will release a nice black tail. I'd kill for FinFun to make their Atlantis tails in black!

Mermaid Ichthya
10-01-2018, 09:57 PM
I go with a goth style sometimes, listen to some of the music too. I really want to put together a goth mermaid look sometime! I have a cool design idea for a silicone mermaid tail but I won't be able to afford one any time soon, so I'm keeping an eye on the fabric tail companies and hoping one of them will release a nice black tail. I'd kill for FinFun to make their Atlantis tails in black!I'm still trying to get a monofin first ^///^;

mermaidamathiea
10-01-2018, 11:28 PM
I go with a goth style sometimes, listen to some of the music too. I really want to put together a goth mermaid look sometime! I have a cool design idea for a silicone mermaid tail but I won't be able to afford one any time soon, so I'm keeping an eye on the fabric tail companies and hoping one of them will release a nice black tail. I'd kill for FinFun to make their Atlantis tails in black!

SAME! I wanted finfolks midnight magic mythic tail or their shipwrecked siren tail sooooo bad!

mermaidamathiea
10-01-2018, 11:31 PM
I'm still trying to get a monofin first ^///^;

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app (http://MerNetwork mobile app)

I had one but I lost it when I moved. So I need to get one again. I know Merrowfins has a basic silicone tail for $600 which I know is still expensive but it's a little cheaper thank other tail makers

Mermaid Delphinidae
10-01-2018, 11:48 PM
SAME! I wanted finfolks midnight magic mythic tail or their shipwrecked siren tail sooooo bad!

FinFolk tails are super cool! I really love the neoprene/silicone ones with the shiny resin scales, they aren't too expensive either. But I don't make a lot of money and I don't have many opportunities to go mermaiding at the moment so I can't justify buying more tails, and certainly not a three hundred dollar one. I waited quite a while before buying my inexpensive FinFun fabric tail, ha ha. At some point I'd like to spring for a FinFun Atlantis tail but it can wait. Which is just as well, it gives a chance for me to wait for more designs to be released. I may make another shot at making my own tail again at some point too.

When the TV show Siren premiered, the network did a promotion with FinFun where they gave away fabric tails designed after the ones in the show. More of a sea monster vibe than the usual brightly colored FinFun fare. Looked so cool, I wish they'd release those for sale!

In the meantime, I'd like to put together a gothic mermaid look with my Tidal Teal. It's bright blue but it has black detailing so I might be able to make it work.

mermaidamathiea
10-02-2018, 12:25 AM
I was in the process of making my own tail also but my cat broke my mold for the fluke :cry: and I didn't have the money to buy more supplies to fix/remake the mold

Mermaid Kristy
10-02-2018, 12:40 AM
I’m not very goth but I’m definitely a nerd

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

mermaidamathiea
10-02-2018, 12:45 AM
I’m not very goth but I’m definitely a nerd

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Haha that's totally fine! I'm a HUGE nerd too

Nightingale
10-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Hello! I'm a new mermaid but old school goth looking for more goth mermaid friends.
It took me a while to find a darker tail that I really fell in love with but after some searching I found the Hydra Siren tails from SwimTails. I ordered the blue Siren tail but currently they have their skeleton and Halloween tails available if anyone is looking for an awesome fun spoopy tail.

mermaidamathiea
10-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Hello! I'm a new mermaid but old school goth looking for more goth mermaid friends.
It took me a while to find a darker tail that I really fell in love with but after some searching I found the Hydra Siren tails from SwimTails. I ordered the blue Siren tail but currently they have their skeleton and Halloween tails available if anyone is looking for an awesome fun spoopy tail.

Their tails are awesome

Mermaid Ankhali
10-04-2018, 02:37 PM
I am also a Goth!! I also self-identify as a nerd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mermaidamathiea
10-04-2018, 03:08 PM
I am also a Goth!! I also self-identify as a nerd.

haha same. I tend to get weird looks when I'm wearing my typical goth makeup and clothes....then have freaking mermaid leggings on :lol:

Mermaid Persephone
10-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Apparently there is a term called seapunk now... I'm goth/seapunk hybrid.

I like neutral type or dark tails personally. But most 'dark' tails are not dark enough for me. I have a Goddess Gold mythic,which I love doing blackout lenses and all sorts of craziness for, and an Eternal Ember, which I've always thought of as bloodred.

Though I consider myself more geek than nerd. That's just a personal preference on the wordage.

mermaidamathiea
10-05-2018, 04:50 PM
I wanted the Midnight Magic mythic tail!!!

RiverDragonKaringan
10-06-2018, 01:57 AM
Goth/Nerd Merdragon here

mermaidamathiea
10-06-2018, 02:12 AM
Goth/Nerd Merdragon here

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app (http://MerNetwork mobile app)

Yesssss

Mermaid Ankhali
10-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Wow there are so many more Goth mermaids than I thought!

mermaidamathiea
10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Wow there are so many more Goth mermaids than I thought!

Yeah there's alot of us

Mermaid Alea
10-10-2018, 11:18 PM
I'm not a goth mermaid but I really love listening to heavy metal. There is a mermaid music topic on here somewhere and it introduced me to the band Sirenia so I figured I would share this with you all and then swim away lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCxgJFjnZw&t=0s&index=24&list=PLgPT9yq6RK punZVaUD-YVwYxiK2pYsQBV

Mermaid Ankhali
10-11-2018, 05:49 AM
I'm not a goth mermaid but I really love listening to heavy metal. There is a mermaid music topic on here somewhere and it introduced me to the band Sirenia so I figured I would share this with you all and then swim away lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCxgJFjnZw&t=0s&index=24&list=PLgPT9yq6RK punZVaUD-YVwYxiK2pYsQBV

Hey! Nothing against metal heads and I know you said you’re not Goth, but I feel obligated to point out that metal is not related to Goth at all. Okay that’s all. [emoji9]

MidsummerMermaid
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm a nerd, I'm a metal head, and I have a lot of goth friends over here! :D

SeaSerpentessLeviatha
01-14-2019, 06:01 AM
Hello! I'm both more inclined to all things gothic and nerd :) I am revamping my own tail to be black and silver since I'm having to redo all my mersona stuff.

mermaidamathiea
01-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Hello! I'm both more inclined to all things gothic and nerd :) I am revamping my own tail to be black and silver since I'm having to redo all my mersona stuff.That's fantastic, my colors are black silver and a greyish-purple lavander color

Mermaid Ankhali
01-14-2019, 04:49 PM
I’m also a goth, but that’s very separate from my mermaid identity.

mermaidamathiea
01-14-2019, 04:55 PM
I get that I technically have two mersonas ones more of a siren the other is brighter

SirenGita
01-21-2019, 10:11 PM
I was considered goth by others but i was much too cheerful to self identify that way :) i dressed goth until i had a huge sudden weight gain from meds and my fiance told me I'm too old for that stuff now (but not a tail?) Roflmao

I'm certainly a nerd...i live for science esp biology, quantum physics (I like to read about it i can't math )and genetics, and i code ^_^

MermaidAdrine
01-22-2019, 12:23 AM
Fellow goth/Nerd here! Im so glad there are others lol
I'm a bit all over the place with my style but it's always darker. Because of this i have 5 mersonas currently, the newest one being a witchy/voodoo siren? Dark greens and purples paired with black. Swamps & fog, sharpened teeth and boney. Kind of undead looking? Its very new like. Within the past hour new lol

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

SeaSerpentessLeviatha
01-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Nice :) decided to do a different tail so it's all black with oil slick. Since I'm a sea dragon mersona, that's what I did for my mask.

Mermatee
02-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Hello [emoji112] I’m also kinda gothy or so I’m told I have the Fin Fun barracuda tail, but I’m making my own silicone monophin which I plan on making black and neon green with some possible glow in the dark feature (hence the name)

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Faridah Mermaid
02-10-2019, 04:33 PM
I'm not goth, but definately a nerd

mermomma44
05-09-2019, 10:53 PM
I'm a goth. Didn't think "mergoth" could ever be an aesthetic, but it is. Nice to see others out there!

Mermaid_Rain
05-10-2019, 12:11 AM
How did I miss this thread?

I'm definitely a goth nerd hybrid ^_^ my mermaid stuff has had a sudden shift towards bright, happy colors lately (an attempt to influence my mental health), but it shows pretty heavily in the rest of my life.

I'm also a pagan, so I've been the neighborhood "sea witch" for a while now. I guess that one way to pull off mermaid goth lol

Mermaid Kiba
05-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Hey hey, mergoth sea witch nerd here.

Mermaid Avalynn
06-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Heya! I don't know if I'd call myself Goth, but my Mersona is kinda dark, scary, and more Siren then Mermaid. Even composed my own Siren Song to sing on stormy days. Just got some claw rings to help complete the look. My colors are teal blue, black and silver, but I also have an orange ish yellowish tail that I use for more sunny colorful swim days when I feel like a H2O themed Mermaid Princess. :)

MermaidSaph
06-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Another goth mer here! (Though I do tend to lean more punk from time to time.)
It's so cool to see that I'm not alone in my spookiness. :yay:

I don't really have a solid, goth mersona...that's something I really need to create, lol. I'll probably end up having multiple mersonas, though, because I vibe with so many different aesthetics! :lol:

TheMermaidArtemis
06-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Another goth mer here! (Though I do tend to lean more punk from time to time.)
It's so cool to see that I'm not alone in my spookiness. :yay:

I don't really have a solid, goth mersona...that's something I really need to create, lol. I'll probably end up having multiple mersonas, though, because I vibe with so many different aesthetics! :lol:

I feel that! I have my dark mersona (Artemis) and then my bright colorful mersona who doesnt have a name currently lol

Kaila Mermaid
08-24-2019, 07:56 PM
A mer of many faces here lol. I lean more goth/grunge/punk more often than not, and it definitely bleeds over into my mersona. Did a small little shoot once too, and can’t to do more spoopy ones [emoji1665]

linda
08-12-2021, 10:36 AM
hi, nice

Eranthis
08-30-2021, 09:56 PM
Hello. While i am not really goth in my day to day life my Mersona has accidentally shifted from bright, bubbly, and colorful to goth siren, i have absolutely zero idea how this has come to be but it has so i shall roll with it. My fangs and claws are coming today and my wolf skull mask will come in two weeks time along with my webbed fingers, now i must make the perilous journey through the mountains of humans to the store to buy some dark water proof makeup. Onwards!

Mermaid Fina
09-04-2021, 02:50 PM
I'm both a nerd and metalhead more than goth but this year was a huge goth like phase for me.

Mermaid Bauble
09-05-2021, 12:14 PM
I'm a metalhead and goth, although my mersona is the complete opposite! :lol: It's great to meet fellow alternative mers!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
09-08-2021, 04:39 PM
Definitely a nerd, and a nerd who plays Vampire the Masquerade and similar games, so some goth tints. I'm usually more colorful and softer than my impression of goth tends to be, though.

The Vivix
09-10-2021, 10:02 PM
Not sure if I count as “goth” per se, but the vibe i’m going for with my mersona is definitely on the darker side; more of a creature-y interpretation. I’m absolutely in love with that coelacanth tail that MerNation made [X] (https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/552d30d2e4b0688933e4ef04/1592147359327-LC1LFRI7MFRTZZOA6PRL/Delta+Fluke), if that gives any indication. Oh, and def a nerd.

babybat13
08-21-2023, 01:30 AM
Hey! I have no clue if this thread is still alive but I'm a goth/metalhead and a MASSIVE nerd!! Feel free to add and message me!!