PDA

View Full Version : Wait A Minute...

Ayla of Duluth
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I was aimlessly wandering google when I stumbled across one of the book series I used to read called "The Jewel Kingdom." It had a bunch of princesses named after different gemstones, like emerald, ruby and sapphire. I've only ever read ruby and emerald, but when I looked at the cover of sapphire, titled "The Sapphire Princess Helps A Mermaid," I noticed the mermaid's tail looks EXACTLY like one of MVD's.

Discuss.

babsannee
04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
holy snap it does

Ayla of Duluth
04-01-2012, 07:03 PM
the way it's colored, the shape of the body going into the fluke, even the lines on the fluke are EXACTLY like his tails. :3 i wonder if this is what inspired his tails.

Gem Stone
04-02-2012, 12:33 AM
What's the book about? I used to read something like but instead of princesses they were fairies or something

Ayla of Duluth
04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Michevious princesses that like to cause trouble but end up learning valuable life lessons after the damage has been done. or something to that effect

Oceana
04-19-2012, 07:08 AM
AHHH! I used to love these books as a kid! This one was my favourite, for obvious reasons ;P I would say that the tail looks more like one of Thom Shouse's though. I would think his website/Splash would be where the author got the inspiration off of, as the timeline adds up. However it makes sense that it looks like Mike's tails as well, as he takes some inspiration from Thom.

Ayla of Duluth
04-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I still haven't seen any of this Thom Shouse guy's work. His name kind of came out of nowhere to me. Lol

Mermaid Lorelei
04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.mermaidrentals.us/

Thom Shouse, aka the "Tail Man".