PDA

View Full Version : I know it's early, Buuuuut.......

Claudefish
04-02-2012, 01:43 AM
I have decided this year I am going to start early on my Halloween costume....er.... selecting. So I would like to Present a Poll!! I have neer done this before, so lets see... I think I can figure out how to do this....

To give a little background, as the future me figures out how to create the poll..... The past two years I have made my own costumes. In 2010, I was a Woodland Warrior Fae (as I call it... a WWF LOL)

And LAst Halloween, I was Poison Ivy, but in Autumn colors, which no one understood... I kept getting asked if I was Autumn. Total, Dismal Fail.

This year, I have given myself three options.

A) Give another shot at Poison Ivy, and go green to save......myself the embarrassment of correcting people

B) Go out as Peter Pan.... either disney animated cosplay or Jeremy Sumpter realistic/natural style

C) Do something I have never done before, and go blonde... for the first time ever in drag, as Harley Quinn

So. Those are the three choices, and I leave it to the mers to give me an answer. I refuse to add anything else to my list, as I need to make the decision now so I can just get the costume done without having to make any last minute decisions =P

Amethyst
04-02-2012, 04:34 AM
I LOVE your costumes!! :D I can't believe you made those yourself! :eek: Wow! :D
I voted for Harley Quinn, as I think that'll be something different for you to try and plus I think she looks really funky and kinda cute! lol :D

Ayla of Duluth
04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Definately Harley Quinn. :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Peter Pan is always fun. I'm not sure about going blond (does Harley Quinn's hair show? I thought most versions of her costume showed her in the jester cap), since you have a nice hair color currently, and bleaching isn't exactly healthy for one's hair. I generally try to avoid doing the same character more than once (unless I'm pressed for time, which you clearly aren't), so while I appreciate wanting people to recognize you as Poison Ivy, I've found that most of the time, my satisfaction derives from enjoyment of the costume myself, not what others think about and recognize the costume.

Claudefish
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Peter Pan is always fun. I'm not sure about going blond (does Harley Quinn's hair show? I thought most versions of her costume showed her in the jester cap), since you have a nice hair color currently, and bleaching isn't exactly healthy for one's hair. I generally try to avoid doing the same character more than once (unless I'm pressed for time, which you clearly aren't), so while I appreciate wanting people to recognize you as Poison Ivy, I've found that most of the time, my satisfaction derives from enjoyment of the costume myself, not what others think about and recognize the costume.

Oh no, I wouldnt be bleaching my hair hahahaa! I would just get a wig... probably a lacefront that you glue down at your hairline so it gives you a natural hairline!

Kanti
04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Haha I love halloween! It's certainly not too early imo xD
I think Harley Quinn is a super fun costume you should try. I love fullbody costumes
and zentai suits/morphsuits are so much fun to wear~
Plus Harley is a fun character too~ I dunno much about Poison Ivy.

Peter Pan would also be cute but I think his is a little too simple. Maybe if you made it look
more woodsy and fantasy rather than the straight-cut Disney Peter Pan, then that'd be
cool too!

Spindrift
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I sort of like the Peter Pan idea because there are so many avenues you can play with in designing the costume. Harley Quinn is too - "it has to be exact or you did it wrong".

Maple
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Dude, Harley Quinn or Peter Pan would be great - but holy carp my dear you look AMAZING in your WWF costume!

malinghi
04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Considering that you're contemplating your costume six months in advance, what are the odds that you're just going to end up doing all three?

New York Mermaid
04-03-2012, 01:23 AM
hmm you make a good looking ivy, i say give it another go..

Claudefish
04-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Considering that you're contemplating your costume six months in advance, what are the odds that you're just going to end up doing all three?

Hmmm... that is an excellent point, but would depend highly upon funds. However, only one costume will be worn the night of...

Mermaid Sirena
04-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Personally I lean towards poison ivy because she is awesome. Though I think the one you have now looks pretty sweet.

SireniaSolaris
04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I love your Poison Ivy in autumn colors. Peter Pan would be too easy for you :p I say challenge yourself. Harley!!

MermaidRaegan
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
OAO You make such a beautiful Poison Ivy! I'd love to see it done in Green!

Bellasea
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I think Posion Ivy would be great, but Harley Quin would be the most fun. You could do any of the three. But since you habe already done Posion Ivy, I am voting for Harley Quinn. :)