PDA

View Full Version : Mer-Palooza, the biggest Mermaid Convention ever!

Rain Hauger
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok so i posted thread that was more towards asking the pod of Arizona if they were going to mer-palooza.
so now i want to post a thread just about anyone who is going, things to expect, merfolk's expectations, and ideas you might have for it. I will also be postig updates on all the thingss you can expect to see there!
I am super cyked about mer-palooza, we want to have a huge mermaid gather with all the benifits going to make a wish! how awesome is that!
so anyway would love to know who's going, would love to know feed back and so on and so on. this is my first mermaid gathering. the first time i will be able to meet mers like myself. so I am soooo super excited!
and I'm a little new to mernetwork so this expreience is awesome!

Gem Stone
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I've never been to a big mer function (or any at all unless Weeki Wachee mermaid camp counts) but at the same time I think I would be satisfied with a huge pool party for all my local mers or something like that. I'm a bit nervous about this, and I'm not sure my parents would take me anyway

Rain Hauger
04-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh gem I am sorry to here that you do have some time to convience them lol. I know how feel though I just want to put together a meet up with my local mers it's a little hard lol

Spindrift
04-03-2012, 09:52 AM
You're sorry to hear that she has time to convince them?

Rain Hauger
04-03-2012, 11:04 AM
what's wrong with what i said? I am sorry to here she won't be able to make it. but teens and kids convience their parents to do stuff al the the time i know when i lived with my parent si would beg and plead to go do something they said no to.
I'm not telling her to sneak out and go to it anyway i'm just saying keep it in mind. lol. if she doesn't want to g she doesn't have to. I was just making a comment. nothing serious wasn't trying to cause trouble.

Spindrift
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Never mind.

Rain Hauger
04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO any who. the promo I did with a local director is fisnished! yay!it was my first time doing undderwater and due to some tech issues it didn't go as invisioned, but it's ok cause it was perfect! i loved it. it showed the talent and hopefully we'll get to do another. tell me waht you think (FYI) i am the mermaid in the seqiun tail and pearl head dress lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6J2_YrPYJI&feature=player_embedded

and mer-palooza is just getting bigger i am so thrilled!
first off we're having the largest mermaid tradeshow so far, tail makers, jewelry designers, artisit and so many more talented and creative people will be selling and showing there products at the tradeshow.
also the international mermaid pagent will be hosted there, by the wonderful stephanie Sims! Yay!
Plus the mermaid pool party which will be off the hook! which includes a free buffet!
And finally the drum rool please.................. the first ever mermaid olympics! with games including
Water Games include, but are not limited to:
Mer-Volleyball Competition of Mer's from the West and Mer's from the East Coasts, Mermaid Tug of War, Mermaid Dolphin Relay Races, Mermaid "Splash Off", Synchronized Swimming, the Amazing Mermaid Race Underwater Challenge and more!
Land Games include, but are not limited to:
Mermaid Ring Toss, a Mermaid "Pose-Off", Mermad Trivia Challenge, Mermaid Carrying Contest and more!
and did I forget to mention classes will be offered poolside? for what i do not know you'll just have to come and find out!
wooohoooo mer-palooza!

Spindrift
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I liked it. My favorite part is definitely the poi.

Rain Hauger
04-05-2012, 11:19 AM
thank you very much it was funny i had to remind the director that i may be a mermaid but i can not actaully breathe under water lol.

Mermaid Sirena
04-06-2012, 08:54 AM
The poi was pretty cool and the rest was very nicely put together.

Rain Hauger
04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
question what is the poi? lol i'm not sure which part it is in referal too. sorry!

Mermaid Sirena
04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
The fire on string :D

Rain Hauger
04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
oh ok lol I feel dum!

mermanjr
07-19-2012, 12:09 AM
rain there is no free buffet kid there just discounted items at the tiki bar at the event , due to the fact that we can't please everyone or know what people may want to eat so this was the best solution that we came up with