PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid MeetUp!!!

Sugarwitch
02-07-2019, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone just wanted to make a post now just in case if anyone *is* interested it gives you plenty of time to look and see if youíre interested in joining! Iím hoping to be able to get a big group of people to do a mermaid photoshoot (which doubles as a body positivity shoot) and swim at the San Marcos river in September! Anyone is welcome to come and join I thought itíd be a fun way to find new people to work with, meet, and a new style to shoot for all of the photographers that will be joining us!💗 any questions please let me know! Iím just trying to gauge how many people are interested before setting anything up as I know a lot of people work and may need to travel! ☺️

polyhymnia113
02-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Awesome! I am local to the San Marcos area and am stoked to have more mermaid friends come up to swim with! If anyone wants to plan an earlier trip up to swim together as soon as it warms up a little I'd love to meet any of you and I'm always up for a dip in the river.

I'm also the Director of Mermaid Programming for Mermaid Society SMTX and am super excited to see more and more mermaids planning to join in the fun in September!!! We hope some of you will also join us in our year round activities and Educational Outreach Efforts. Reach out via fb or the website if you'd like to get involved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sugarwitch
02-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Omg yes definitely do you mind sending me your Facebook page so I can spread awareness in the cosplay community as well? ☺️

polyhymnia113
02-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Absolutely!

www.facebook.com/mermaidsocietysmtx/
You can also check out our website
https://www.mermaidsocietysmtx.com
Or email me at
angela@mermaidsocietysmtx.com

:)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

selkie.astraea
02-08-2019, 08:03 PM
I'm not far from San Marcos at all! I'm probably a lot younger than most people interested in attending, but I'd love to come. I might not have a super-duper-snazzy tail, but I'd be super happy to meet some more mermaids in my vicinity!

selkie.astraea
02-08-2019, 08:18 PM
It's also really cool to know there's another mermaid in the local cosplay community!

Mermaid Tealfire
02-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Omg yes this sounds awesome! Been wanting to have some close meet ups! Since most are in Dallas and Houston.
Earlier sounds great too because seems like the water starts getting cold the end of August or could just be me being west of San Antonio. Iím Texas raised so 60 degree water is not for me [emoji13][emoji3380]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Delphinidae
02-14-2019, 07:12 PM
I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing in September, but unless I'm out of state (unlikely) I'll do my best to make it there! I don't get to go to meetups very often because they're usually in the Dallas area and that's a little further than I want to drive. (without a lot of advance notice, anyway) I have a waterproof camera myself, it's not a fancy one, but I'd really like to take pictures as well as swim.

I'd totally be down for an earlier date too. My current job ends at the end of July, so anything before that I should be able to make it to, at least if I have enough notice.

Trade Winds
02-24-2019, 07:24 AM
I may be depending on the date. Idk if I can get any mer friends where I am to go. Anyone up to letting me rent a room in their home to silence my fear of bed bugs from hotels?

Mermaid Tealfire
03-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Did we ever decide on an earlier meetup ? Iíd love to hear some ideas? Especially during warmer weather!

Mermaidmechanic
03-24-2019, 01:09 AM
I would be interested in a San Antonio meetup in late April. Thoughts?

Trade Winds
03-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Late April would be too soon for me. What's the water temp like (I'm used to 60s) around then? Are we wanting a weekend or weekday thing?

Mermaid Tealfire
03-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Late April San Antonio is fine with me. Indoor ? Cause I think itís still pretty cold then since we donít have the humid like on the coast to keep the water warm.
Weekday or weekend is no problem either.

LunaRose
03-25-2019, 02:59 PM
I can definitely go but I'd need to know what day soon cause if it's a day I work then I'd have to tell my job ahead of time

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

LunaRose
03-25-2019, 03:00 PM
I can definitely go but I'd need to know what day soon cause if it's a day I work then I'd have to tell my job ahead of time

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile appAnd when I say soon I mean about... Three weeks before [emoji28]🤣🤣

Mermaid Delphinidae
03-25-2019, 04:27 PM
Late April should work for me too, if there's enough notice.

Trade Winds
03-27-2019, 09:59 AM
Would it be IN San Antonio or around it?

LunaRose
03-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Would it be IN San Antonio or around it?Actually it's in San Marcos by new Braunfels .... It's close to San Antonio but it's not in it

Mermaid Tealfire
03-31-2019, 11:46 PM
Honestly I think April in San Marcos is too cold for an outside meetup. Growing up in SETX (Crystal Beach Galveston area) we do not have the humidity like on the coast. So unless weíre looking at indoor I think we should push this back to June or July?

Mermaid Delphinidae
04-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Iím okay with either option.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Trade Winds
04-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Honestly I think April in San Marcos is too cold for an outside meetup. Growing up in SETX (Crystal Beach Galveston area) we do not have the humidity like on the coast. So unless we’re looking at indoor I think we should push this back to June or July?

Probably a good idea, especially for those of us who need a couple weeks to get off work. It's already April and we wanted an end of April meet.

Mermaid Tealfire
04-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Do we know if there are certain hotels that do and donít allow for tails? Any local
San Marcos mers wanna weight in?

Trade Winds
04-03-2019, 02:56 PM
May have to just call around. Long ago during the 2014 state meet the little hotel we were at didn't mind and I don't think anyone asked. Of course that was before mermaiding blew up like it has.

Mermaid Tealfire
04-03-2019, 05:10 PM
I can look around, are we trying for weekend or 1 day? Is anyone going to Finfest in June ?

Mermaid Delphinidae
04-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Iíll be going to Finfest! Iím just waiting for my employer to give me my stupid travel reimbursement check, then Iíll buy my ticket. The first 200 buyers get a free tote so I hope I can get that, ha ha.

Trade Winds
04-04-2019, 02:04 PM
I can look around, are we trying for weekend or 1 day? Is anyone going to Finfest in June ?

I live close to Clear Springs where it will.be but am not going for a variety of reasons

Mermaid Tealfire
04-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Good Luck on your 200 hun. I probably wonít go between family, cost, and the lonely 5 hr drive.
Anything we should know about Tradewinds?
But this closer meetup would be great I really wish we could plan another @ Hamilton pool too this summer.

Mermaid Delphinidae
04-22-2019, 10:49 PM
Since the date changed I may not be going to FinFest, but I hope I'll be able to go to a meetup!

Trade Winds
04-23-2019, 07:49 AM
Should we make it a June date? Is the sun any worse down there than in DFW? I have yet to find a vegan sunscreen that will help me down here. Thank God for mer-themed rash guards. I worry about the sun if we try to do a July or August date.

Mermaid Tealfire
04-29-2019, 05:35 PM
To be honest I really donít go swimming till after 2 on weekends. Most weekdays itís after 5 after work so I donít have to worry about the sun. June or July or early August for the cold creeks is a great idea though.

Mermaid Delphinidae
05-01-2019, 04:17 PM
June and July would totally work for me!

Trade Winds
06-10-2019, 07:02 AM
Is this still going to be a thing? I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford to go. I had an emergency with my kitten that drained all my money.

LunaRose
06-15-2019, 04:52 PM
I would love for a definite date so I can plan it atleast

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Mermaid Delphinidae
06-19-2019, 11:07 PM
My ability to go would depend on the date, but I'll totally go if I can.

Trade Winds
06-20-2019, 07:14 AM
Y'all wanna try an August date?

Mermaid Delphinidae
06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
August would work for me! My work term ends at the end of July and unless I get a new job very quickly (lol not likely) my schedule will be open, so barring unexpected expenses I should be able to do that.

Trade Winds
06-25-2019, 07:48 AM
I want to help get something going but the thread is pretty much dead.

Mermaid Delphinidae
06-26-2019, 11:46 PM
I want to help get something going but the thread is pretty much dead.

Oh well. At least we have the festival in San Marcos to look forward to in September! You plan on going?

Trade Winds
06-28-2019, 06:48 AM
Oh well. At least we have the festival in San Marcos to look forward to in September! You plan on going?

When is it? I have a week long vacay elsewhere in Texas in Sept so unlikely....