PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

MermaidRaven
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that my company is going to be looking to add a third mermaid soon. As soon as contracts are signed ill have more details for anyone interested but I just wanted to make a quick note for any of the FL mermaids who might be on here.

Ill post the audition dates as soon as they are set but please feel free to email me your info and headshot (and a mer photo) to Info@merbellas.com
We will provide your tail/top etc and you must be wiling to travel.

You are all beautiful and we are very excited!

Much Love,
Mermaid Raven <3
MerBellas

Rain Hauger
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
oh oh please pick me! but i'm in arizona :( but i will be seeing you at mer-palooza i think? I am soo excited t meet you!

Mermaid Lorelei
04-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh my good gracious! How I wish I lived in Florida! I have always wanted a position with you lovely ladies, but Oklahoma is a bit far away. I hope the search goes well though.

SireniaSolaris
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Hrm....... :) :) :)

*tries to calm excitement jitters*

SireniaSolaris
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Email sent, now I'm just looking out for those audition dates. Wow. I don't believe I've felt this kind of excitement/nervousness about something in.... years now!! :D

Kanti
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol I don't think I'm cool enough :'P

SireniaSolaris
04-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Nooo, Kanti. U r awesome! Everyone here is! So long as you'd be willing to travel for work, do it - give it a shot! You have a totally unique persona imo. :D Plus we would get to meet each other, and do what we love and get the treat of seeing that in each other! Go for it!

Sea Pearl
04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
So exciting though I think Colorado would be a little too far to travel, lol! :) Sounds like fun though. Good luck to anyone who is going to try out.

Mermaid Dottie
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Best Fishes to all the FL mersisters! Wish I could come see auditions. :)

Kanti
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Sirenia!
You're so sweet xD Still I don't even have a tail and I'm pretty sure these guys
are like 3 hours North of me I dunno how often I could show or reliable I'd be.

Still, its exciting to see a new addition to a group! It's like a reality show! You guys
should have a wipe-out style mermaid challenge xD

happyguava
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh how I wish I lived in the states right now. Aus isn't THAT far, right? :P

Raivynn
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
If I was there, I would be auditioning! I am completely new at this ... but :)

SireniaSolaris
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Kanti, she said they provide the tail, top, and all that. So don't let that discourage you. :) Where are you located? I think they are based out of the Tampa Bay area, but they do stuff all over FL.

Artisankatie
04-06-2012, 03:52 AM
*cries*
Raven, I think you're about to make one mer's dreams come true! If only I were slightly closer than ... pretty much exactly the other side of the world.

SireniaSolaris
04-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Katie, I think she is very good at making mer dreams come true - she made Raina the most awesometastic tail in the world - I'm sure you saw in her vids how she almost imploded with happiness. On the subject of making things, she makes all kinds of terrific mergoodies that people buy on her etsy and love, Im sure. She and Meshpa have been enchanting all kinds of events for a very long time doing what they do, and now they are about to give someone else the opportunity to do that with them. I think it is super duper awesomely awesome :) I really really reeeeally hope I am able to do that with them. Shoot, even getting to swim with them once would be really cool, me thinks.

So, at the very least, I think the audition itself will be really exciting and a fantastic experience :)

Mermaid Sirena
04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
If I didn't live in Michigan I would do this in a heart beat, congratulations to who ever gets the position!

Mermaid Rillia
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh wow! Raven you do make dreams come true. I dont know much and I would love to get into this type of business. I dont know if i would be even near qualified to do this, though it would worth a shot and a pleasure to meet you. I've heard nice things about you from my fiances brother Kyle. And your tails are amazing. Hope that we can meet one day either on land or at sea. :)

MermaidRaven
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok The audition date has been picked! Sat June 30th (depending on the turn out we might extend the audition to Sun July st as well.)

I tried to email everyone back the audition form and details so if you did not get anything from me, please email me again. I get so many email a day and I might have missed some of you.

Blondie
04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Is there an age restriction? And do we have to have a tail for the picture? When I moved my fabric tail with MIA and I'm pretty sure someone thought it was a rag and through it away X_x

AniaR
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
PLEASE TAKE VIDEO I am nosey :| lol

MermaidRaven
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
No you do not NEED a tail. We will be providing the tail and everything else. If you already have a tail please feel free to bring it to the audition for warming up in the pool and such before you go into the tank, but we will be dressing the mermaid we pick for gigs so she looks like a MerBella and matches Meshpa and I.

Mermaid Lorelei
04-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I agree with Raina. We is nosey and would love video!

Kanti
04-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Aww cheeze I have a convention that weekend and I've got a table reserved D:

Oh well. Sounds like a cool audition! *ditto* You should totally make a video of it :'D

BlueMermaid
04-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I'll be in Michigan, but if you ever need a backup mer, you know how to contact me!

SireniaSolaris
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Didn't receive the audition form. Sent another email. I'm so happy - that's the ONLY weekend in June that I don't have something booked. <3 Oh man, I am sooooooooooo excited!! :D :D :D

Blondie
04-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Didn't receive the audition form. Sent another email. I'm so happy - that's the ONLY weekend in June that I don't have something booked. <3 Oh man, I am sooooooooooo excited!! :D :D :D
Same here. I think Raven's working on the forms at the moment. We're still a good month away so no hurry just yet right? hehe

Mermaid Rillia
04-28-2012, 03:06 AM
where do we send an email to get an audition form?

probably have no chance seeing as im not experienced in any way. but it would be an experience i would never forget.

Spindrift
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Brooke: I wouldn't be disconcerted just yet. The audition by itself will already be adding to your experience.

Kanti
04-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Yea, if anything you'll learn a thing or two, Brooke!
I'm sure you'll get a few pointers on how to look more realistic or swim properly. I think the hardest
part about underwater performing is STAYING under xD It always seems people have to fight the
upward force and it keeps you from holding your breath as long as you can. Just keep in mind how
a real mermaid would act if they were underwater: keep your eyes open, try not to blow too many bubbles,
stay neutrally buoyant if possible, when you surface don't rub your eyes, etc.

I'm certain once you're actually with everyone at the audition, people can help you out and spot your strengths
and weaknesses. Who knows, maybe you're already overqualified :'P

Mermaid Rillia
04-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Thats a nice way of looking at it Kanti. I'm sure that i'll learn a thing or two. It would be so nice to be able to meet someone who is so amazing at mermaiding. Like i said, an experience to never forget.
But im still stuck on the email part... -_-

Blondie
05-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Has anyone heard back yet with the forms yet?

SireniaSolaris
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Nay. Glad to know I am not the only one. I was starting to get worried (still kinda am anyway since time is passing quickly!)

Brooke - you should definitely do it! I have heard from others who have met her that Raven is super sweet and helpful in terms of pointers and I mean, who knows? Tank work is nothing like open-water performances. A lot of us who have "training" like my underwater ballet won't be able to use any of it in a small space. I'd say if anything, it would be skill in modeling, grace, breath holding, etc that is most useful - so likely a yoga master would have the ideal skill set for tank work :p

Give it a whirl. I think for most of us trying out this will be our first dip in a portable fish tank :)

mermaidmeaghan99
05-03-2012, 09:15 AM
(tears coming down face) Too bad I live in Vermont otherwise I would try out in a heartbeat :( :( :(

Mermaid Rillia
05-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I think I'll give it a spin. I never thought i would ever meet Raven or even see them perform. To get some pointers from her even would be amazing. :)

MermaidRaven
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
All the forms have been sent out, I remember replying to you ladies so hopefully you got it. I would upload the audition form to here so you guys could just download it and send it back but I dont know how to attach a pdf file.
:(

Mermaid Miel
05-05-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm now curious/nosey as to whom the new Merbella will be... maybe I'm half catfish. >^.^<
Curiousity might have killed the catfish, but satisfaction brought it back.
Pleease post videos/photos/anything about the big audition day!

SireniaSolaris
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
:( I checked my spam folder, too (just in case it went there by accident) and it wasn't there, either :( If any of you ladies who successfully received the form could possibly forward it to me... SireniaSolaris@aol.com (if that is alright with you, Raven), I would very very much appreciate it!

Mermaid Rillia
05-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Same here. (if Raven doesn't mind) BAbentroth@aol.com

Blondie
05-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Same here :\ I didn't get one. My email is iblondie@ymail.com. I'll try emailing you again Raven for the forms!

Blondie
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
So has anyone received an email yet...?

*Celine*
05-13-2012, 11:43 AM
WHY WAS I BORN IN BELGIUM???!!!! I wish I could go to mermaid auditions... We don't even have Merconventions here.

MermaidRaven
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
It looks like some people aren't getting my emails (Im not sure why because when I check my "sent" folder it says I have successfully sent out all the forms), If you still haven't gotten anything back from me try emailing me here circusraven@gmail.com and Ill try to attach the forms from this email instead.

Hope it works!
<3

leeloo
06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Just saw this thread. Oh man I wish I didn't live in Cali! I should I had moved to Florida instead of California, argh. Although I just might pack up and move to Florida if I can be a Merbella mermaid! But I couldn't afford flying over for an audition anyway, lol, and I'm still pretty new at mermaiding. Just wishful thinking.

Mermaid Saphira
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I would love to be your third mermaid..but alast I am stuck in one state X_X

MermaidRaven
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I have created a facebook event for the Merbellas audition to maybe make things a bit easier for people. http://www.facebook.com/events/357709077622635/

Were going to have forms at the audition to fill out since people are having a hard time filling the info out and scanning them back to us, so maybe this will be easier for everyone:)

Its looking like a lot of things are happening faster than we had anticipated so we might be adding up to 4 mermaids from this audition to cover the events we have lined up.

Much Love,
Mermaid Raven

ShyMer
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Whoa, good luck with the auditions then! Glad you're getting so much business!

Mermaid Lorelei
06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh wow, four mermaids? Congratulations on the growth of your company!

Mermaid Lorelei
06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
By the way, the event page doesn't seem to be working for me.

Blondie
06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
So exciting! I still haven't gotten a form though. And when I click the event thing it either brings me to my events, or says the page is expired. .-. Whhhyyyy! Interwebs! Why must you disobey me!!

leeloo
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
You guys should expand to a new location...in Cali...near me. lol

AniaR
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
weird, the link works for me! I'll share it on the mernetwork FB page maybe that'll help?

Kanti
06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Was the other girl who was in that video that was posted on the other forum the third member? O:

WavyMermaidy
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Not able to access the FB event page as yet :( Like others have mentioned it brings me to a page with my own events.

AniaR
06-06-2012, 06:28 PM
try going to the mernetwork page on FB, I linked it there. Even not logged in on FB I could open it, so it may just be an issue with trying to open it from this site. Try the mernetwork FB

AniaR
06-06-2012, 06:29 PM
p.s. it's also linked in the issue 2 of tail flip you can click to it that way

WavyMermaidy
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM
I actually did look on the MN FB page (and looked again just now) and didn't see the link...I'm not too used to the Timeline thing (FB hasn't forced me over yet) but I searched every category of posts by page, by others, highlights, etc...I see the links to the Tail Flip FB page on there from earlier this week but not to the audition event :( Veeeery strange! :P

JesseaP7488
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
i so wish i lived in FL . we need more mermaids/mermen where i am there arnt too many

Blondie
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I actually did look on the MN FB page (and looked again just now) and didn't see the link...I'm not too used to the Timeline thing (FB hasn't forced me over yet) but I searched every category of posts by page, by others, highlights, etc...I see the links to the Tail Flip FB page on there from earlier this week but not to the audition event :( Veeeery strange! :P
I get the same thing :\ So...Fishy...

WavyMermaidy
06-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Is Raina still the only one that can access the FB events page for the audition? I keep checking but still can't get to it through the link posted here and in Tail Flip and still haven't seen the link posted on MN's FB page. I don't know much about setting up events on FB but is it perhaps set to "private" or some such thing? Hate to be a bother about this but I definitely want to be up to date and well informed about the audition (not sure that will ultimately help my performance, lol, but hey...every bit helps!) ...plus I'm just curious as to what the deal is with this mystery link :)

AniaR
06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
i accessed it not even signed into FB I dont know WHATS up

WavyMermaidy
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Just FYI, the weirdness has finally ceased...the MerNetwork FB page finally shows the working link to the auditions as posted on June 5th (although today was the first day the link was visible to me, anyway....so, still weird, but at least it's working now). Thanks for posting, Raina :)

AniaR
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
yay glad the link works!!!

Blondie
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Works for me now too :)

MerEmma
02-21-2013, 12:19 PM
This got forgotten. Did everyone get to go? I wanted to see videos! :P

Mermaid Harmony
02-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm interested too!

Blondie
02-24-2013, 06:37 PM
It didn't happen, Raven had to cancel I think.

AniaR
02-24-2013, 07:27 PM
she did another one recently, she has the mermaids she needs for now.

MermaidDiaries1
02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I live in Florida and am aching for a tail. I'm actually going into modeling pretty soon, but I'm only 15. Im 5'9 1/2 and still have braces. But once the braces come off my modeling career will grow. I don't know if you would be willing to have a 15 year old girl, but I have modeling experience.