PDA

View Full Version : Summer Cool Down

MermaidSaku
07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
So since i live in Texas it does get pretty hot but this year has been crazeh heat. ;-;

In my grandmothers home town there was a forest fire hat almost got to my favorite place on earth The Houston Renaissance Festival. xD
Thankfully it didn't catch fire i love that place..it always seems to feel like home. : )
I thought i would share my ways of keeping cool for the summer without getting a high electricity bill for having on the AC. xD

1. I live with my grandmother it's always been just me and her she's taught me to keep the AC around 80 Degrees or a little below like 77.

2. One thing i do in the summer is workout doing cardio and afterwards i always feel really hot a way to cool down is to watch a scary movie.
Why? A scary movie? Well you ever get that chilly feeling where your creeped out and paranoid while watching a scary movie?
No matter what tempature it is it always seems so chilly. My friends and I think of it as it's all in your head. : )

3. Don't get me wrong i'm a mermaid and i like the sun but i don't want to be a dry mermaid burnt like over cooked toast. Ew! :P
So to keep that from happening i bring an umbrella or a jacket with a hood with me outside so that if i do want to get a little sun it won't be beating over me forever.

4. Sun Burn if i ever get a burning sensation on my skin or even when i just feel to hot milk helps. Lately i have been washing my face with milk after being in the sun for a long time. It seems to really cool my body down. Milk baths are awesome. IF you don't have milk oatmeal works : )

5. And last when i feel thirsty i drink ice water a lot. I helps you lose weight because your body has to warm it up to burn it off.
But i didn't really have to tell you that you already knew xP.

So those are just my ways of staying cool. I'm sure everyone has other ideas please share. lol It's so hot here!!

AniaR
07-23-2011, 04:33 PM
77-80 are our HIGH temps in the summer here, but our weather has been wonky and we're barley getting a summer at all right now :( too cold geesh

MermaidSaku
07-24-2011, 12:46 AM
It's just a way my mom saves on the bills while still being cool.