PDA

View Full Version : Admin Winged Mermaid is not responding to my requests for account deletion...

Amy James
06-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Admin Winged Mermaid is not responding to my requests for account deletion...

Merman Storm
06-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Have some patience! Things happen over the course of days on this forum, sometimes weeks. This is a hobby forum, and we all have lives.

Amy James
06-26-2019, 08:05 PM
I requested to delete my account in the last month, but my account is still active... How long I should wait?! Don't you think such a delay is not acceptable?

Saelyyia
06-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Further more, this forum does not have account deletion. The best you can do is to turn off all notifications/subscriptions and stop using the forum.

Amy James
06-26-2019, 08:17 PM
@Saelyyia (https://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?1769-Saelyyia) I am concerned about the possibility that in future someone might get access to my account and misuse it. That is why I demand permanent account deletion so that I will get some peace of mind...

Saelyyia
06-26-2019, 08:24 PM
We do not delete accounts. This has been our policy since the beginning of MerNetwork. You are welcome to turn off/unsubscribe from emails and turn your PMs off. - Winged Mermaid 06/27/2017 (https://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?15391-Please-delete-my-account!&highlight=Deleting)

Again, this is not the way this forum functions. So please if you could stop spamming the forums which is frustrating to other members it would be much appreciated.

Mermaid Clara
06-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Amy James, please stop spamming the forums
there is no way to delete accounts and admins won't delete accounts.

PearlieMae
06-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Admin Winged Mermaid is not responding to my requests for account deletion...

STOP SPAMMING THE NETWORK! NO ONE CARES THAT YOU WANT TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. I've never even heard of you until now. No one will bother to hack your account.

Oakia
06-27-2019, 11:53 AM
STOP SPAMMING THE NETWORK! NO ONE CARES THAT YOU WANT TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. I've never even heard of you until now. No one will bother to hack your account.
Exactly, also he was told like month ago that account deletion isn't possible so why spam?
Edit. I see he's banned now, thanks to whoever did it

Delete my account
08-24-2020, 01:43 AM
I understand the site does not allow account deletion. This is very dangerous considering my email and other information were sold from this site. If you are not allowing accounts to be deleted you need to step up your security. I want my account deleted.

Delete my account
08-24-2020, 01:53 AM
The fact account deletion isn’t allowed is dangerous. This site has been compromised and data stolen and sold. If you do not want the email you registered with to be available to anyone and everyone at some point I would request your account deleted or the admin held accountable.

Delete my account.

Delete my account
08-24-2020, 02:01 AM
My account was compromised. You should be worried about the safety of this site. My email was sold and it is very clearly traced to this site not protecting posters identities. Whatever email you used to signup has been sold sometime between 2013 and now. Not allowing for account deletion is dangerous and poor website safety management.

K Swim
08-24-2020, 08:07 AM
So how are you so sure it was this site that sold your info? There are many sites that do that.....like nearly all of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

K Swim
08-24-2020, 08:09 AM
What information of yours got stolen outside of your email address? Something you voluntarily shared?

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

K Swim
08-24-2020, 08:10 AM
What tool did you use to supposedly trace the sale of your email address to this site?

Delete my account
08-24-2020, 09:23 AM
First of all there is no reason to be rude and insinuate I am lying. I am trying to protect others information. Second I would recommend you take a look at breaches through sites like https://haveibeenpwned.com/ or nuclear leaks. Both of these show this forum as breached in 2017.

Delete my account
08-24-2020, 09:25 AM
I never once voluntarily shared my email. It was used to sign up for an account and never listed publicly. Also why are you attacking me for requesting this site do a better job at protecting personal data? Get your priorities in check and understand this site was breached with no word from admins.

Echidna
08-24-2020, 11:52 AM
so, you made a new account after learning that accounts cannot be deleted (and you were banned), offering up another of your emails in the process.
If you think this site isn't safe, you probably shouldn't have done that?

yes there was a leak once, it can happen. Back then, users were notified and told to change their passwords iirc.
spamming the forum won't get you what you want.
Making yet another new account to continue spamming is quite counterproductive too if your goal is to have no account here :lol:

AniaR
08-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Where are you seeing that the site is compromised? It wouldn't be mernetwork itself but rather the host, v-bulletin. I subscribe for v-bulletin emails and in the past when there's been privacy issues they send an email to every user to change their password.

AniaR
08-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Where are you seeing that the site is compromised? It wouldn't be mernetwork itself but rather the host, v-bulletin. I subscribe for v-bulletin emails and in the past when there's been privacy issues they send an email to every user to change their password. Also, you don't need to make your post repeatedly.

MerNetworkMod
08-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Hi there, I'm a fill in Mod. I don't have full site capabilities but on the back end I can't see any evidence of a breach, and there's been no information provided us to V-Bulletin. Feel free to PM me any info of suspicious activity and I'll see if it's within my powers to issue a warning to community members.

There isn't the ability to delete members within my powers, but I may be able to remove your email if you'd like to PM me

MerNetworkMod
08-24-2020, 12:15 PM
Hi there, I'm a fill in Mod. I don't have full site capabilities but on the back end I can't see any evidence of a breach, and there's been no information provided us to V-Bulletin. Feel free to PM me any info of suspicious activity and I'll see if it's within my powers to issue a warning to community members.

There isn't the ability to delete members within my powers, but I may be able to remove your email if you'd like to PM me.

K Swim
08-24-2020, 12:21 PM
YOU volunteered your email the instant you signed up for this site, then a second email address when you created this other account that you are using to flood the forums.

I am attacking you for a better reason than your childish and immature forum flooding and comments about this site selling your personal info with no information proving that.
I never once voluntarily shared my email. It was used to sign up for an account and never listed publicly. Also why are you attacking me for requesting this site do a better job at protecting personal data? Get your priorities in check and understand this site was breached with no word from admins.

MerNetworkMod
08-24-2020, 12:25 PM
I have merged all the accounts, and closed this thread.

OP, please get in touch with your evidence of a breach so we can address it. If a warning needs to be sent I will send it. Thanks