PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Miss Sparkle
04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Water Lily from Athens, Georgia. I am a writer, library assistant, and graduate student. I am a lover of folklore and mythology, and I blog about fantasy books and classic literature at Stone Soup Books (http://stonesoupbooks.wordpress.com/).

When I was little I fell in love with the mermaids of Peter Pan. My childhood best friend and I used to "play mermaid" every time we went swimming. I have wanted to be a mermaid as far back as I can recall, and for my birthday I suddenly decided I had to get myself a mermaid tail! So I've been researching making a low-cost fabric mermaid tail of my very own, and found my way to this wonderful site.

I love to create costumes and jewelry and this is a great excuse to have a new sewing project. I worked at the Georgia Renaissance Festival for four seasons selling jewelry and I have a closet full of garb! I am also a tribal fusion bellydancer and a member of a professional folkloric fusion bellydance troupe based in Athens. Other hobbies are gardening, horses, drinking tea, hiking to waterfalls with my husband, and my sweet cats.

Kanti
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey there Lily!! Welcome to the forums :')
Haha a lot of people love the Peter Pan mermaids, they looked really good.
Glad you decided to get a tail too :'D they're really lots of fun~

Alveric
04-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Sounds like our kind of Mer. Welcome.

Nyx
04-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Hello! nice to meet you.:)
you are so talented! I can't wait to see the wonderful things you create!

Mermaid Lorelei
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Woo, welcome dear!

Nemefish
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
WELCOME happy top have another one of us :D

Mermaid Sirena
04-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello beautiful! Welcome :)

Bellasea
04-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Welcome! Hope you love your tail! :)