How to give yourself webbed hand :
http://youtu.be/7p2C6YESQlI

Mermaid Sirena
04-17-2012, 11:37 AM
That is epic.

Kanti
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Thats super cool!
I'd think that if you coated it enough with latex, it would eventually seal the water out of the
paper and work pretty well?
Just a theory xD

Mermaasai
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
You know.. I saw this and had an idea a few weeks ago..

If you did the cut outs of the webbing and then dipped your entire hand in a liquid latex.. repeatedly after allowing the coat to dry, to form an actual removable glove.. Kind of like how they do those hand wax dips at carnivals and ren fairs except in latex.
That way you would end up with a glove that you can actually use over and over...

Does any one have suggestions on this/ideas/input?

Edit: oh ohoh! I found this upon searching > http://www.liquidlatex.com/makingglove.html
Awesomeness! seems like a brilliant way to make a perfectly fitting webbed glove!

Mermaid Dottie
04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Sai, you are EPIC.

Mermaasai
04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Sai, you are EPIC.

^.^ TY!!! You may call me... EPICSAUCE MIMSY the III. (jkjkjk)

malinghi
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Edit: oh ohoh! I found this upon searching > http://www.liquidlatex.com/makingglove.html
Awesomeness! seems like a brilliant way to make a perfectly fitting webbed glove!

Webbed fingers is something I've heard lots of people express interest and enthusiasm about, but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone do it. I've seen gloves you can buy before, but custom latex gloves sounds really cool.

Also, I just want to mention how funny it is that on the page that links to there are four pictures of people wearing rubber suits- three dominatrixes, and Batman. Oh batman, surely you are the sexiest dominatrix of all.

Blondie
04-18-2012, 07:52 PM
That's awesome! xD wonder how it would hold up in water? And just curious, I thought that liquid latex was bad to touch with bare hands?

MermaidRaegan
04-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm guessing that this stuff is safe since it's made for on-skin-usage. (Hooray for made up words!!)

I really want to try this now. Not to mention that if you REALLY wanted to that you could get way into it and make them go up to your elbows and add on forearm fins and scales, like in The Thirteenth Year.

Mermaasai
04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm guessing that this stuff is safe since it's made for on-skin-usage. (Hooray for made up words!!)

I really want to try this now. Not to mention that if you REALLY wanted to that you could get way into it and make them go up to your elbows and add on forearm fins and scales, like in The Thirteenth Year.

Exactly what I was thinking. And the fact that you can make them reusable is nice. I'm going to look into it a bit more.. maybe give it a go in the near future.

MermaidRaegan
04-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Yaaaaay, I'm not the only one who thought of this. I've always wanted armfins since I saw that movie, because for some reason I love the idea of fishy features on a mer's upper half.

Ayla of Duluth
04-21-2012, 06:39 PM
That's awesome! xD wonder how it would hold up in water? And just curious, I thought that liquid latex was bad to touch with bare hands?
You can find liquid latex in Halloween makeup kits at Walmart and such. Most liquid latex is skin safe, it's the heavy duty stuff that isn't. The kind of stuff that's not meant for theatrics.

Anya
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Ooo! I've been looking for some smaller projects to get acquainted with latex and the likes before diving into making a tail! I will definitely be trying this one out! Thanks all for posting!

mermaidcatherine
04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
That's so cool! I also like the idea of making gloves/arm fins out of that... I've wanted those since I saw the thirteenth year too! I'm definitely going to have to make this a summer project.

MermaidRaegan
04-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Yaaaaay, meh peoples! Be sure to post lots of pictures! I imagine we'll have to play around with this idea to get something that will work being submerged multiple times, but experimenting is half the fun!

Mermaid~Emi
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
woah~~ That is super cool! I wonder if there is a way to make them clear? and maybe painting them to match one's tail?